The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Anything wrong with doing a "kamikazee" approach to weight training?

When I workout, I do a little bit of everything at a quick pace. In reading a lot of jornals on here, it seems a lot of guys work on a specific area each workout such as chest, legs, shoulders, arms, etc... I try to alternate excersizes to let each body part rest. For example, I'll work the chest, then next the legs, then next maybe the shoulder, etc... I save abs and cardio for the last 30 minutes. I usually do 1 hour and 15 minutes total. Is their anything negative or wrong in working out like this? I'm not trying to get huge, just lean and muscular. Right now I'm 5-11 206 lbs. I need to lose 5-10 lbs of fat and my goal is to make it to a lean 215.

Also, those that have journals, keep it up with posting your diets, thats my favorite part in reading journals, to see what everybody is eating. A better diet has helped me in the gym.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Look up "hypertrophy specific training" it might be what your looking for.

No there isnt a real negative if full body works for you, it doesnt for many like myself.
    Face it: biceps are the muscle that classifies you as a muscle man.

Striding across the fields, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Clawhammer! And he gives a bloodthirsty bellow:

"As sure as predators devour prey, I shall paint the town a sanguine shade of doom!!!"
    Hilarity

Iron4Life
    nothing wrong with it.. just depends upon your goals...
    take a look at a site like http://www.crossfit.com/ .. it will give you some unique ideas about "kamikazi" lifting and training...

Also take a look a journal like Anthony's...
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=155

he does some nice combinations of Crossfit and regular hard core lifting..

good luck..

Wannabebig Member
    That looks a lot like circuit training wat ur doing there. That works pretty good in terms of burning fat. Once again, it all depends on ur goals. Wat you can do is maybe do ur approach for about 2 weeks, then split the body up into two sessions - upper and lower body - this way you can focus more on hypertrophy, while still keeping the pace high for fat burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Parth
    That looks a lot like circuit training wat ur doing there. That works pretty good in terms of burning fat. Once again, it all depends on ur goals. Wat you can do is maybe do ur approach for about 2 weeks, then split the body up into two sessions - upper and lower body - this way you can focus more on hypertrophy, while still keeping the pace high for fat burning.
    Uhhh... Fat burning? Maybe burning a few more calories than a normal paced weight training..

Doing 'circuit training' won't burn fat.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Circuit training is not an efficient fat burner. If you want to lose fat, diet.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    ...circuit training... works pretty good in terms of burning fat.
    Spoken like a true n00b. To burn fat reduce your caloric intake. Circuit training won't do much for fat loss.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."