Thread: Fitday

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar

Fitday

Hey guys. I've been having great success with my bulk but im coming up to my cut in a few weeks. Im very worried though about my caloric intake because its hard to keep track of everything you take in. Someone suggested fitday and i tried it but they dont have nearly as much food as i thought they did. For example...

I typed in "berry cherrios" and then a TON of cherrio selections came up but not the one i wanted.

I also tried to search for a bun length hotdog with cheese in the middle. However i didnt eat it with a bun and none of the selections on there had a plain hotdog with cheese. Or a plain hotdog without a bun. It was very annoying...

I also tried to calculate my weight gainer but i dont know the added values my weight gainer AND 1% milk. It gave me the total values which should be fine but the system wouldnt let me put it in because the "fats x carbs x whatever" didnt add up right. Some lame answer. I just wanted to put in the info. i dont care if the computer says its wrong im looking at the label so its right.

Anyways can anyone help me out with this or give me suggestions to fitday. Im stressed out about how much calories im going to take in because last cut i took way to little and i lost alot of weight but half of it was muscle. I want to have a good lean cut this time and keep all my muscle....

-jordan
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

You have to supplement it with www.calorieking.com or a few other nutrional fact sites.

The most accurate results is getting the information from the nutrition label on the cheerios, for example, and entering it as a custom food. 90% of my food choices are Custom.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer
    You have to supplement it with www.calorieking.com or a few other nutrional fact sites.

The most accurate results is getting the information from the nutrition label on the cheerios, for example, and entering it as a custom food. 90% of my food choices are Custom.
    Yea but wont you run into the same problems as you did with my weight gainer? The percentages wont add up right if you try to include the milk and the computer wont let you punch it in.

-jordan
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Add the weight gainer and milk separately? That's how I do most of my stuff.

Don't ask for a lighter load. Ask for a stronger back.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Fat
    Add the weight gainer and milk separately? That's how I do most of my stuff.
    lol i never thought of that.....eh...thanks.

Wow i feel like such a putz.

Thanks for the help though

-jordan
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

What Skinny said. This is how a typical whey shake looks in my fitday.

--- Seperator --- 1 serving 0 0 0 0
    ON Whey 1 serving 119 1 3 24
    Milk, cow's, fluid, 1% fat 1 cup 110 3 12 8
    --- Seperator --- 1 serving 0 0 0 0
    Last edited by ShockBoxer; 02-28-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8

lol, yeah just add the milk and everything else seperate.

I did that with milk, peanut butter, oats, whey etc and totalled them up and noted the totals. I then made a new custom called "Super shake" and entered it all up. It comes to just over 1000kcal and 100g protein and I use exactly the same amounts of stuff every time. Simple!

What on earth is a seperator?
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

It's a dummy entry I use to keep my meals apart so I know how many calories I'm getting per sitting. I'm just like that.