Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Pack

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brian136
    ahh i see... you must be perpetually disappointed.
    O please. Stop crying i was joking.

What a baby
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Two images of my abs. Same training. 10 months apart.

Sleek: (20% bodyfat)

Um...: (14% bodyfat)

The ripped abs happened at the end of a loooong, slow cut. Trust me, I wasn't packing on muscle during this time - just stripping off fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    Two images of my abs. Same training. 10 months apart.

Sleek: (20% bodyfat)

Um...: (14% bodyfat)

The ripped abs happened at the end of a loooong, slow cut. Trust me, I wasn't packing on muscle during this time - just stripping off fat.

But that is NOT what abs will look like for guys at similar bodyfat levels and distributions. Stop teasing them.

Your 14% ab shot is more like 8% for guys. The question is, who is it harder for, men or women?

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    But that is NOT what abs will look like for guys at similar bodyfat levels and distributions. Stop teasing them.

Your 14% ab shot is more like 8% for guys. The question is, who is it harder for, men or women?
    Harder for woman, easily... A woman getting to 14% is about as hard as a man getting to 5%... You have to just add +10% to woman as if it isn't even fat, because it is *essential* fat if they are going to look like a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    The article was BS. If you had spent some time just reading on this site you wouldn't even have to ask that question. I am now going to proceed to ask to have all of your threads closed if I think you can find your answer with a search.

And dont worry, you will never look like Jay Cutler.
    :withstupi...just give it up, don't act like you are better than the OP because you have 190 posts, many of which don't have any substance. The End.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

emoticons are sweet

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Jordanbcool, you have as much business asking for this thread to be closed as the op does creating it (he actually does have the right to create it, but should have used the search). You need to learn some respect for the people that have been here longer. You don't see the veterans of wwb posting in forums asking for it to be closed. If it doesn't bother them then why do you feel it should bother you? It was very immature of you and very disrespectful to hi-jack the op's thread to argue with people and try and explain your noob-ness. All that aside though, after being here awhile I can see that the mods are very good at what they do and will close any thread they feel needs to be closed without hesitating. Also just incase you don't know, we have a little thing called PM's (Private Messages) around here so next time use them to send a mod your message/request instead of showing how disrespectful and immature you actually are by hi-jacking someone's thread.

OP- I apologize for my contribution to Jordanbcool's hi-jacking. Just had to get that out after watching him be an ass.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 03-02-2006 at 10:22 PM.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel777
    Harder for woman, easily... A woman getting to 14% is about as hard as a man getting to 5%... You have to just add +10% to woman as if it isn't even fat, because it is *essential* fat if they are going to look like a woman.
    Yes, I know; hence the smiley.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

damn, this is overanalyzing crap is annoying. Built was right on the money. Yes, the dude is skinny, so what. Add weighted ab work, good luck bud.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel_dan
    Jordanbcool, you have as much business asking for this thread to be closed as the op does creating it (he actually does have the right to create it, but should have used the search). You need to learn some respect for the people that have been here longer. You don't see the veterans of wwb posting in forums asking for it to be closed. If it doesn't bother them then why do you feel it should bother you? It was very immature of you and very disrespectful to hi-jack the op's thread to argue with people and try and explain your noob-ness. All that aside though, after being here awhile I can see that the mods are very good at what they do and will close any thread they feel needs to be closed without hesitating. Also just incase you don't know, we have a little thing called PM's (Private Messages) around here so next time use them to send a mod your message/request instead of showing how disrespectful and immature you actually are by hi-jacking someone's thread.

OP- I apologize for my contribution to Jordanbcool's hi-jacking. Just had to get that out after watching him be an ass.

This is not a plane so dont worry about me "hi-jacking" it.

1) The person that started this thread has yet to actually complain about my original comment
    2) I said "Could a moderator please close this thread". I see that neither as offensive or direspectful.
    3) I made the comment because this topic has been beaten to death so many times. This is the MOST searched/talked about subject on the forums. No other topic can touch this as its been discussed hundreds of times.
    4) I've seen much more "mean" or "rude" comments by other users asking if the threads could be closed and calling the people thats started them idiots for not using the search thread.

It seems that if anyone is being an
    ass
    it would be you. You are the one that is taking so much offense to what i said and you are the one constantly talking about it. The reason I had to start debating is because that first comment i made brought all my posted threads under scrutiny. If you guys think im going to sit here and let you guys pick apart my threads without defending myself then you are totally wrong. I was called a "noob" for asking people's opinions on steroids??!! That in itself is bogus and lame. Just because i wanted to get people that HAVE used steroids their opinion does not classify me as a "noob". Yes a mod closed this thread but if you look at a more recent thread titled "juicer" i am essentially discussing the same topic. This time the thread has not been closed and i've gotten alot of good information out of it. As for the whole "abs" thread i was simply discussing an article posted in "Physical" for the months of feb-march 2006. If you guys care so much go pick up a copy and read it. It was very well put together and is why i started that thread in the first place. My basic underlying question was if it was better to overtrain your abs or to train them normally. This is all a matter of opinion and does not mean that either side it wrong. If you'd take the time to look at my thread (jorge) you would see that towards the end a poster stated "If you want your abs to get smaller and closer together then you should over-train them". Most bodybuilders however do NOT want their abs to become smaller (me included) so they call whoever made such a thread a "noob". If everyone is so worried about "high-jacking" this thread then STOP TALKING. There are alot of people trying to give this person the information they need and if anyones clogging up that process its people like you. Its funny how people sit back and ridicule people about manners when they have none themselves.

-jordan

P.S. If you guys are willing to stop then i will. This thread is being used by built and others to give them some good advice. Either give some or dont post anymore. This thread will naturally fall into oblivion once people are done posting in it and the information that is being said has been said.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 03-03-2006 at 07:35 AM.
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

3) I made the comment because this topic has been beaten to death so many times. This is the MOST searched/talked about subject on the forums. No other topic can touch this as its been discussed hundreds of times.
    Wouldn't be somewhat difficult to make this statement considering you've been a member here for a month? I'm just being sensible. Obviously it's gonna be a highly talked about topic, but there are many more topics than this that are beat to death i.e. creatine.

But to the guy who started the thread, let me suggest gaining atleast 30 pounds before you think about abs, if you are that skinny there's not much muscle in the abdomen region to be showing.
    5'6"
    160lbs
    480x1 deadlift
    315x5 squat (atf)
    260x1 bench

"He's used to doing the jerk first, then the clean." -Xian

"Eat more? I am already consuming more than 2500 cals a day." -Danpiel

Mmmm. Some of the rampant stupidity in this thread is absolutely delicious.
    Sometimes I wish that I was a mod... and other times I'm so glad that I'm not. I guess since I can't ban people who stir up ****storms, I'll just have to live with my trusty "ignore" button.

c3p, I hope that you've found a satisfying answer in there somewhere. At 110 pounds you really shouldn't be worrying about abs or cutting, you need to eat and work on adding at LEAST 50-70 pounds. Then you can worry about your abs.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

mmmmm i just finished my super omlett.

5 egg whites+ 3 egg yolks, shredded chedder cheese, mushrooms mmmmmmm soooo goood. Hail to the chicken for she is the queen of protein!
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

How about a timeout for all the kiddies?

Post #2 answered the original question.

Locked.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310