The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Pack

Hybrid View

Dr. Bodybuilder

Six Pack

Hey guys,

I was wondering yall could give me more information of building up my abs.

I don't really have any abs right now.

Also, i have this fat towards the bottom of my stomach, any ideas on how i can take this off?

------------------------------------------
    My Specs:

Height: 5'6
    Weight: 110
    Body Fat: 8% (done with a online clac.)( i am not sure if that is right)
    Waist:28 inches

-------------------------------------

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

First of all, do a search. This topic has been done to death and then done again. You'll find your answer in like two minutes of searching.

Second of all, wow 5'6" and 110 is tiny. Since I'm guessing you're pretty young, you're bound to keep growing. Eat, sleep and learn as much as you can about weightlifting (by reading stickies on this forum) for now; the abs will come later on.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Can a moderator please close this thread
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool
    Can a moderator please close this thread
    Who are you to say this to him? If im not mistaken you had some pretty n00b-y threads here just recently. But to the OP...the search button is your friend, use it.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum08
    Who are you to say this to him? If im not mistaken you had some pretty n00b-y threads here just recently. But to the OP...the search button is your friend, use it.
    Like what the farmers walk? Thats the only thing "noob" i've ever said on here. Unless you know something i dont. I've made alot of good posts giving good information to people.

BTW. Im using farmers walk in my workout if you care so much about it.

Like its been stated this topic is the most talked about subject on these forums. A simple search would merit the results and then some for this person. Its annoying reading thread after thread that says the same thing over and over again.

"how do you get a six pack??? thanks for the help!"
    "hey guys i was wondering what excersizes you do to get abs"

So why dont you get your head out your ass.

-jordan
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 03-02-2006 at 06:38 PM.
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Like what the farmers walk? Thats the only thing "noob" i've ever said on here. Unless you know something i dont. I've made alot of good posts giving good information to people.

BTW. Im using farmers walk in my workout if you care so much about it.

Like its been stated this topic is the most talked about subject on these forums. A simple search would merit the results and then some for this person. Its annoying reading thread after thread that says the same thing over and over again.

"how do you get a six pack??? thanks for the help!"
    "hey guys i was wondering what excersizes you do to get abs"

So why dont you get your head out your ass.

-jordan

Case In Point: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=75273
    It was even locked. And the slang is AAS or "gear" not "juice".

"No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86

Quote Originally Posted by c3p
    Hey guys,

I was wondering yall could give me more information of building up my abs.

I don't really have any abs right now.

Also, i have this fat towards the bottom of my stomach, any ideas on how i can take this off?

------------------------------------------
    My Specs:

-------------------------------------
    at your current stats your abs should be showing. IMO i wouldnt worry about any kind of cutting. the 6 pack would look more impressive on someone thats bigger then on somone thats really skinny. bulk bulk bulk my friend
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Online bodyfat monitor is no where near accurate. If i was you i would worry much less about seeing abs and more about gaining some all around muscle mass. When u have packed on some pounds then u can worry about cutting.

Jordanbcool, it's people like you that ruin forums man. No offense, but if it's so common of a topic why don't you just skip over this thread, it's not like there is a rule saying you have to read or post in it. Besides every thread whether or not its the same topic brings out new and different info. So get your head out of your ass. I realize it's in the rules to do a search, and i may be new here but not to forums, and I fully understand how reading the same question gets a little irrotating, but you can at least be a little nicer about it.
    Last edited by BigBoostin98; 03-02-2006 at 06:50 PM.
    Weight: 147lbs
    Height: 5'8"
    Body Fat: The hand-held electric thing said 11%ish
    Max Bench: 160lbs (workin on it )

Jordan, you've started 18 threads in under a month -two of which were about abs- and I would be willing to bet that you didn't search before posting every one, if any, of those.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    Jordan, you've started 18 threads in under a month -two of which were about abs- and I would be willing to bet that you didn't search before posting every one, if any, of those.
    Prepare to be flamed my friend.

My first thread was titled "Abs"

I was discussing an article in a weight lifting magazine on over-training abs and what that does to abs growth. I WAS NOT making a blatent statement as to "how can i get abs". I was trying to find out if what i had always known about abs was correct or was the article correct.

The second thread was titled "Abs a loaded word?" which i just started a few days ago discussing your mid-section including your obliques.

Please before you attempt to criticize me read what i posted. Jorge you have posted alot of good information. Im surprised.

-jordan

P.S. This would not have started if opium whatever had kept his mouth shut. If your going to personally attack me then i will defend myself. I simply wanted this thread to be closed as it should be because this topic is so common.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 03-02-2006 at 07:26 PM.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Listen, I wasn't trying to criticize you for posting threads about abs, I was trying to point out that your probably haven't used the search every time you have decided to start a thread.

I also read your first ab thread and it sounded pretty noob to me. The answers are certainly available on this site. You also said that you came up with hundreds of hits for your search so you were kind of overwhelmed. Well this guy probably felt the same way.

The fact of the matter is that you can probably find the answer to any question you could possibly have on this site. But this is a discussion forum. I agree that it is somewhat annoying to see the same question over and over again, but you just ignore them if it really bothers you that much.

As an aside, I think you need to improve your flaming skills.

Listen, I wasn't trying to criticize you for posting threads about abs, I was trying to point out that your probably haven't used the search every time you have decided to start a thread.

I also read your first ab thread and it sounded pretty noob to me. The answers are certainly available on this site. You also said that you came up with hundreds of hits for your search so you were kind of overwhelmed. Well this guy probably felt the same way.

The fact of the matter is that you can probably find the answer to any question you could possibly have on this site. But this is a discussion forum. I agree that it is somewhat annoying to see the same question over and over again, but you just ignore them if it really bothers you that much.

As an aside, I think you need to improve your flaming skills.

haha, flaming skills. I think im going to log on to world of warcraft and start yelling at random people to improve.

Well that lightened the mood.

Anyways, if i could let me quote myself.

Ok guys i did a search on abs and these are the words i used.

"abs overtraining"
    "overtraining abs"
    "ab workouts"

I didnt find anything relative to what i was looking for....atleast not on the first two pages (there were 250 pages by the way). I was reading a fitness magazine and it suggested the "proper" way to train your abs. It said if you want your abs to get larger you should do the traditional crunches twice a week (3x20). It also said if you want more defined smaller abs OVERTRAIN them. This means i should do crunches four times a week instead of two. This way the your abs will not get larger but instead smaller and more defined. The article said thats what most people are after because they want that sleek v-shape body. Is this true with your abs, and not just abs any body part for that matter?? It makes sense for the most part.....

-jordan
    Compare my long post to his post and you will understand what im talking about. My topic was not as cut and dry as this person's. I stated i made a search and then i went on to discuss what the article was saying. It dosent sound "noobish" to me at all. It is the basic discussion of over-training abs to make them smaller purposefully. This topic has beed debated over and over and many people will argue both ways depending on what you want. However both sides would not argue that you do need to actually train your abs (i.e. crunches) and that you need to diet. Which is what this poster is asking.

Im going to bed soon, i have a hard workout tomarrow.

-jordan

EDIT: Also look at the posts. He has posted one while i at that time had posted about 100. I doubt he even know what the search button is.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 03-02-2006 at 08:00 PM.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

i wonder if jordan just thinks everyone else is wrong all the time and he is always right?... it must be hard being the only persn on the forums with any intelligence

why dont you find something better to do with your time than wasting ours with your constant need for attention by arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by brian136
    i wonder if jordan just thinks everyone else is wrong all the time and he is always right?... it must be hard being the only persn on the forums with any intelligence

why dont you find something better to do with your time than wasting ours with your constant need for attention by arguing.
    I enjoy being correct all the time.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

I enjoy being correct all the time.

ahh i see... you must be perpetually disappointed.

Higher reps="tone" is a VERY common nooby misunderstanding, that is why I say it is a noob question. Not only did you ask about abs, but you extrapolated it to all other muscles. I find that just as uneducated as "how do I get abs", but I didn't ask to have your thread locked.

Not only that, but you assumed that overtraining them might actually make them more defined -which is actually a function of diet- so you displayed the same misunderstanding that you are criticizing this guy for.
    Last edited by Jorge Sanchez; 03-02-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Higher reps="tone" is a VERY common nooby misunderstanding, that is why I say it is a noob question. Not only did you ask about abs, but you extrapolated it to all other muscles. I find that just as uneducated as "how do I get abs", but I didn't ask to have your thread locked.

Not only that, but you assumed that overtraining them might actually make them more defined -which is actually a function of diet- so you displayed the same misunderstanding that you are criticizing this guy for.
    :withstupi, basically what i was trying to say. Im not here to start fights over the internet, but i think you have a lot to learn before you start flaming people for starting threads that you yourself have started. P.S. i agree, you do need to work on your pissed off/flaming skills...i didn't feel near enough hostility/sarcasm to be threatened. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum08
    :withstupi, basically what i was trying to say. Im not here to start fights over the internet, but i think you have a lot to learn before you start flaming people for starting threads that you yourself have started. P.S. i agree, you do need to work on your pissed off/flaming skills...i didn't feel near enough hostility/sarcasm to be threatened. haha
    Its all perspective. I try not to be a mean person but i'd consider anything negative as flaming.

As i stated before i simply asked if this thread could be closed.

-jordan

P.S. Haha, its hard to flame over the internet. I mean....would you ever feel "threatened" from anything on the internet in a forum??
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 03-02-2006 at 08:19 PM.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

*sigh*

What the article and i meant by that is that you already have visual site of your abs. Meaning that they are ALREADY showing. The basic idea of overtraining your abs to the point that they cannot grow is what some people want. If they over-train their abs instead of becoming BIGGER (like they would if you worked them normally) they would shrink. This would cause you to have a "sleek" body look rather then someone like....say jay cutler. Make no mistake jay is ripped and so are his abs. However if you do not want to be big like him but still want a ripped mid-section some trainers and body-builders would suggest over-training them. I was not condoning that method of training i was simply discussing if it had any merit or if the article was a bunch of BS.

-jordan
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

*sigh*

What the article and i meant by that is that you already have visual site of your abs. Meaning that they are ALREADY showing. The basic idea of overtraining your abs to the point that they cannot grow is what some people want. If they over-train their abs instead of becoming BIGGER (like they would if you worked them normally) they would shrink. This would cause you to have a "sleek" body look rather then someone like....say jay cutler. Make no mistake jay is ripped and so are his abs. However if you do not want to be big like him but still want a ripped mid-section some trainers and body-builders would suggest over-training them. I was not condoning that method of training i was simply discussing if it had any merit or if the article was a bunch of BS.

-jordan
    The article was BS. If you had spent some time just reading on this site you wouldn't even have to ask that question. I am now going to proceed to ask to have all of your threads closed if I think you can find your answer with a search.

And dont worry, you will never look like Jay Cutler.

The article was BS. If you had spent some time just reading on this site you wouldn't even have to ask that question. I am now going to proceed to ask to have all of your threads closed if I think you can find your answer with a search.

It was not BS dude look at my thread. Another poster stated thats what you should do to get your abs smaller. It was in "physical" Feb-March 2006.

-jordan

I doubt you will ever look like him either
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 03-02-2006 at 08:44 PM.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

:withstupi...just give it up, don't act like you are better than the OP because you have 190 posts, many of which don't have any substance. The End.

Quote Originally Posted by c3p
    You're too skinny to be worried about abs.

Add about 30lbs of muscle mass.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John