Thread: Help with my calves

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Help with my calves

Hi all. I'm having a problem when doing calf exercises. My left calf is a lot smaller than my right, and recently when paying close attention to my lifts I've noticed that I can feel my left hamstring working. Are there any stretches or exercises than can help me improve my coordination so that I can isolate my calf better? I only notice it on the left side. Thanks.

Banned
    slow down your reps.. do one calf at a time.. dont bounce either

Pause for about 4 seconds at the bottom of each rep, and one thing I've been doing is standing with more weight on the smaller leg whenever I think of it.

Do isolateral work whenever possible.

It seems to be helping.

are you using one of those loaded calf machines the the things on your shoulders. if so i have the same problem, i dont know if its the angle or what....try getting a 2x4 and doing single leg calf raises. i only use body weight and high reps works great for me. IMO you have to train calfs with high reps and very often. i do say 3x15-25 hitting them twice a week
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey4402
    are you using one of those loaded calf machines the the things on your shoulders. if so i have the same problem, i dont know if its the angle or what....try getting a 2x4 and doing single leg calf raises. i only use body weight and high reps works great for me. IMO you have to train calfs with high reps and very often. i do say 3x15-25 hitting them twice a week
    That's one of the exercises I do but I feel it on all of my calf exercises. I also do seated raises and calf presses on the leg press machine and it always feels like my left hammy is working more than it should, and I think this is the reason they are about an inch and a half apart in size. Last time I did calves I slowed down a lot and also used less weight and I did feel significantly more sore the next day so that seems to help. I've tried single leg calf exercises to bring up my left but I'm not sure how much it helps because I still feel the hammy doing way too much of the work.