Thread: Calories Too Low?

Calories Too Low?

I'm probably just being silly here, but I wanted some opinions.

Here is my fit day http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...l?Owner=woshka

Well, my daily calorie intake should be about 2500. Yesterday i was at 2000, and the day before at 2200.

On Built's suggestion, i started to lift heavy. No more then 5 reps per set. Generally 3 sets.

Yesterday was an off day. The day before was a pretty solid workout.

Last night, I got about 9.5 hours of sleep. About 2 hours more then usual. I took my burner 25E, 200C this morning.

I've had a solid breakfast, tuna salad, water, 1/2 scoop On whey.

Today, my muscles feel flat, and i'm still sore from 2 days ago. I've been reaching my daily protein goal of about 190. So i should be ok there.

Zero energy. I feel slugish. I feel weak... Even after taking the E and C.

Should I be concerned that I've cut to deep on the calories? or is this a normal after effect of a) going heavy for the first time in a long time and b) getting perhaps, too much sleep compared to my norm? Perhaps I need to get some more carbs in today? Although I haven't run into this problem before when I was taking in even less carbs.
    Last edited by Eszekial; 03-03-2006 at 10:04 AM.

What are your maintenance calories?
    If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
    Steroid Info Click Here
    The Truth About Steroids (Video) Click Here
    Rules for Women to Follow (Video) Click Here

3000. I'm obviously on a cut at the moment. I just re-looked over my fitday for the past 2 days. I've actually been at a protein defecit... Stupid me. Is this a direct effect of that?

i would say the fatigue is a combination of a couple things: Carbs lower than what your body is use too, going heavy for the first time and possibly over sleeping. I take in about 2200 cals for my cut, my maint cals are around 3000. The first few weeks were tough but then I got use to it.

Just thought about this, when are you eating your carbs for the day? I eat mine in the am and then eat some more at night before I lift.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Quote Originally Posted by ddegroff
    i would say the fatigue is a combination of a couple things: Carbs lower than what your body is use too, going heavy for the first time and possibly over sleeping. I take in about 2200 cals for my cut, my maint cals are around 3000. The first few weeks were tough but then I got use to it.

Just thought about this, when are you eating your carbs for the day? I eat mine in the am and then eat some more at night before I lift.
    I get sparce amounts all throughout the day, but usually im taking the brunt of them before and after my workout.

The fatigue has left me. I think i just needed a refeed day, and to up my protein macro.

Workouts are again, a blast.

I very much appreciate the feedback
    Last edited by Eszekial; 03-06-2006 at 01:17 PM.