The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Calories Too Low?

I'm probably just being silly here, but I wanted some opinions.

Here is my fit day http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...l?Owner=woshka

Well, my daily calorie intake should be about 2500. Yesterday i was at 2000, and the day before at 2200.

On Built's suggestion, i started to lift heavy. No more then 5 reps per set. Generally 3 sets.

Yesterday was an off day. The day before was a pretty solid workout.

Last night, I got about 9.5 hours of sleep. About 2 hours more then usual. I took my burner 25E, 200C this morning.

I've had a solid breakfast, tuna salad, water, 1/2 scoop On whey.

Today, my muscles feel flat, and i'm still sore from 2 days ago. I've been reaching my daily protein goal of about 190. So i should be ok there.

Zero energy. I feel slugish. I feel weak... Even after taking the E and C.

Should I be concerned that I've cut to deep on the calories? or is this a normal after effect of a) going heavy for the first time in a long time and b) getting perhaps, too much sleep compared to my norm? Perhaps I need to get some more carbs in today? Although I haven't run into this problem before when I was taking in even less carbs.
    Last edited by Eszekial; 03-03-2006 at 10:04 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What are your maintenance calories?
    If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
    Steroid Info Click Here
    The Truth About Steroids (Video) Click Here
    Rules for Women to Follow (Video) Click Here

3000. I'm obviously on a cut at the moment. I just re-looked over my fitday for the past 2 days. I've actually been at a protein defecit... Stupid me. Is this a direct effect of that?

i would say the fatigue is a combination of a couple things: Carbs lower than what your body is use too, going heavy for the first time and possibly over sleeping. I take in about 2200 cals for my cut, my maint cals are around 3000. The first few weeks were tough but then I got use to it.

Just thought about this, when are you eating your carbs for the day? I eat mine in the am and then eat some more at night before I lift.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Quote Originally Posted by ddegroff
    i would say the fatigue is a combination of a couple things: Carbs lower than what your body is use too, going heavy for the first time and possibly over sleeping. I take in about 2200 cals for my cut, my maint cals are around 3000. The first few weeks were tough but then I got use to it.

Just thought about this, when are you eating your carbs for the day? I eat mine in the am and then eat some more at night before I lift.
    I get sparce amounts all throughout the day, but usually im taking the brunt of them before and after my workout.

The fatigue has left me. I think i just needed a refeed day, and to up my protein macro.

Workouts are again, a blast.

I very much appreciate the feedback
    Last edited by Eszekial; 03-06-2006 at 01:17 PM.