Thread: Bi's and Tri's

Are you not entertained

Bi's and Tri's

For those who lift four times or more a week, do you work biceps and tricep the same day of on different days. I have been told both work, but wanted to see who saw better results.
    "I have a gymnasium philosophy. Everybody's been in a gym. You look to the right, you see someone in better shape. Look to your left, you see somebody who's dying to be in your shape. So you have to be happy in your life and know you can always go either direction. It's up to you." -Men's Health

I do tris on monday with my chest and bis on friday with my back. This way i am doing compound work (bench, incline, decline mondays and dl, bent over rows and pullups friday) and hitting them by themselves to burn them out.

(back work hits bis and chest work hits tris)
    18 Years of Age

5'7'' 140 lbs---Now 148

As of Feb. 2006------As of April 2006------As of July 2006

Bench- 155 x 2------170 x 1--------------Not Tested
    Squat- 200 x 1 (parallel)------Untested-------205 x 1 (Ass to Grass)
    Dead- Untested------235 x 2-----------250lbs x1 (3 sets of this)

Nothing is easy, work hard
    I work them on different days. Bi's with back and tri's by on there own day. I like to work tri's heavy and my bi's do better light and after back.

i do them once a week on upper body day
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    The correct answer: switch it up. In my opinion, making specific rules (ie this should be worked out with this) is not always the best idea. Your best bet is to follow both examples you have provided.

My best results with bi's has been with 5 x a week (strange, but worth a shot). One day a week, real heavy. The other days, 4 pump up sets...pretty much keep going till I feel the pump+burn (hyperemia + lactic acid buildup).

Tris-1x a week. I feel my bench + shoulder routine already covers my tris.

i do them together after my legs. I've been supersetting them recently, just for fun. I think bi's and tri's are very individual. I personally do not like to do chest/tri's and back/bi's, but others have said they do like that. i would play around with it until you find what works for YOU.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle