Thread: Confused about gaining mass...

Hybrid View

Leave this blank, right?

Confused about gaining mass...

Alright, I'm confused. I want to gain muscle mass. I have a thin frame, but if I want to 'enlarge' my body frame I need to grow of course.

I've been thinking...in order to get big, do I need to put on weight gain (by eating a lot of fat) or do I just train harder (and eat healthy protein, fat and carbs)?

I know Sinep did this massive weight gain prior to cutting,but is there a way I can still gain huge body weight (muscle of course) or do I have to gain the fat in order to create the muscle size?

CONFUSED, and it it's a stupid question, my bad.
    All work and no play makes me a dull boy

Meeting people, meeting souls, and making love...

Setting goals, working hard to get them, and smiling when you are living them...

to be continued

Well...there are plenty examples of bulking diets in the forums. Basically you can make a decision of bulking clean, or not so clean. Clean will be a slower more controlled bulking cycle, versus not so clean where you just consume a crazy number of cals which you are less discretionary on the source.

If you are afraid of fat just increase your cals keeping your constant macros constant and you will add weight. Cut down on the cardio if possible as well.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Home of the 2002 Pacific Division Champ Sacramento Kings
    Cycle your diet every 8 weeks. The first 8 weeks try this ratio:
    45% carbs
    45% protein
    10% fat

then:

45% carbs
    10% protein
    45% fat

and switch between them. That's the diet I followed all of last year and I gained 49 pounds, 40 of it was muscle.

but not that small either
    Get fat buddy, you'll love it.

I'm kidding, but expect some fat gain with a bulk diet.
    "Lord knows that one would be foolish not to listen to guys hiding behind a computer that use more gear than a stable of race-horses and all they have to show for it is a 195lb. piss-poor physique shriveled nuts and a nice case of gyno" - Lee Priest