The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Full results from the Arnold WPO PL meet

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    wow, becca swanson must be a really scary woman

and according to google images, i was right.. shes jacked
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-11-2006 at 01:55 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    What kind of ROM do you think Jeff Lewis has on the bench? See this pic of him benching:

http://www.usaplnationals.com/jeff639.jpg

That is one big dude.
    5'10", 148 lb., 13% BF

Lifts

Bench: 145x3
    Squat: 165x2
    Deadlift: 225x1
    Pull Ups: BW+10 x5

Is this totally wrong or am i missing something??

those results tables are either knackered or Becca Swanson is the strongest woman on the planet lol.
    It says she can sqaut 365kg (803lbs), bench 217kg (477lbs) and dealift 272kg (598lbs)

edit* w00t she is pumped lol. my mistake.
    Last edited by Goodwinm; 03-12-2006 at 02:29 PM.
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

Eat and eat and eat and... ThatSkinnyGuy's Avatar
    Ok, since I'm entirely ignorant - is it possible for a female to get that big without a little anabolic assistance? Wow, those are some manly forearms...
    It turns out the answer to every question is still deadlift and eat.

no. becca swanson uses steroids, but that doesnt take away from how amazing she is.

so andy bolton blew the old world record up and deadlifted 970lbs huh. that is just rediculous.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    no. becca swanson uses steroids, but that doesnt take away from how amazing she is.

so andy bolton blew the old world record up and deadlifted 970lbs huh. that is just rediculous.
    unberlieveble!!! lol.
    971lb deadlift to be presice hehe.
    that weight is just phenominal. The bar just totally looked like it would snap in half lol.
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

Banned
    yeah becca swanson is mammoth.. her training partner ali huston is incredibly hot though.

Actually, Becca has benched over 500lbs and deadlifted over 600. She is also the first and only woman to ever hit over a 2,000 total (2,050).
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Yep. It's called "Big Iron Gym" or something like that. I've seen pics and it looks pretty nice.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Some of you guys are being tremendous a-holes. Becca Swanson is amazing. She's a nice person too. I went to a meet she ran and she did everything she could to make sure the lifters were having the best meet possible.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by goodwinner
    no-one has the right to have an opinion about becca swanson's (or anyones for that matter) personality unless they have met her (like you have). But some members of this board obviousley dislike a "butch women". Im sure she is very nice, and im sure she is very proud of herself for being such an outstanding strength athlete, but for me it is a turn off to see a woman with very big muscles. Im not saying she's a horrible person because of it. its just something that makes me cringe a little.
    I'm not a moderator, so I guess it doesn't really matter what my opinion is, but this is a POWERLIFTING forum, not general chat...

IMHO, whether someone is "hot or not" really has little to do with anything. I don't see a lot of posts about guy powerlifters that shift in that direction... When's the last time you heard someone say "Scot Mendelson is a strong SOB, but he's not my type."? You don't.

and dont say (then why did u look at the photos then)
    my two cents.
    ??? I didn't check any of the links in the thread, so I really don't get your point. I was just hoping to hear some tidbits that people who attended might be able to give us.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

I would venture to say that Becca has a higher total than anyone on this forum (except Phil Harrington). Have some respect for another person's hard work.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220