Thread: Don't be too harsh...

Don't be too harsh...

Actually I'm just kidding. Maybe a boot in the ass is what I need. I've been lifting for a year, and I dunno why I'm just not gaining s***. It's become a total frustration and I couldn't be more disgusted at my current physique. As some of you know I just started a bulk. But looking at these pictures, I'm wondering if a cut is what I need. I want my arms bigger, but my body fat percentage must be through the roof from looking at these shots. Disgusting.

Anywho, I'll leave em to you guys.

Underarm Biceps:

Side Chest:

Quad(R) (bad leg-note surgery scars):

Calf (R)

Lat Spread (which I think is my most impressive part, if that's even possible):

Back Double Biceps:

That's all I've got right now. I know, I know. I've got a lot of work to do, I just hope I can find it somewhere in me cause I'm really sick of being where I am.
    5'8" 210 lbs.

The Bulk continues.

Nothing wrong with the physique. Just continue to lift, eat, sleep and repeat. It's the only way you get stronger.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Yeah strength is definitely a goal. It's mainly just I want to add size and then tone up, cause I'm just a short dumpy mass as it stands right now. Appreciate the input though.
    Last edited by Sul Train; 03-13-2006 at 09:27 PM.
    5'8" 210 lbs.

The Bulk continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sul Train
    Yeah strength is definitely a goal. It's mainly just I want to add size and then tone up, cause I'm just a short dumpy mass as it stands right now. Appreciate the input though.

You seem to have a lot of size already. I would suggest going on a long and slow cut and keep lifting very hard.

PS: If you don't want to get flamed, then don't say "tone up" or anything with the word "tone" in it. People seem to get pissy with the word.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

If you wanna continue bulking I'd keep it really clean. I'm in a similar boat. Somewhat high BF but not happy with muscle mass so I'm sticking with a very clean bulk and probably won't be that lean this summer.
    Last edited by Stupendous; 03-13-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Banned
    Dude, I would not continue bulking. I can see potential there, and it will come out with a cut. I would go with a slow cut while focusing on increasing lifts.

what kind of reps * sets are you doing?

what does your workout routine and diet look like? Honestly, you might want to get the bodyfat checked. You look around 20% which is not a good place to bulk from. Just being honest, not trying to be a prick

What is your diet currently? 'Cause I agree - you got some good size, boy, but it's time for a long, slow cut.

What exactly is your training like?

Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

My training has been focusing on heavier weights for lesser reps the past month or so. Prior to that I was doing the normal 3x8-10 range.

For example, I did chest last night. I didn't have a spotter, so my final sets were probably lower than they could be.

Flat Barbell Bench-4 Sets, 8 Reps (225 final set...for some reason my chest has been weak lately, I think it's my triceps.)

Incline Dumbell - 4 Sets, 8 Reps (90 lb DBs final set)

Flat Dumbell Flyes - 3 sets, 10 reps (40 lb DBs final set)

Cable Crossovers - 3 Sets, 10 Reps (40 lbs Resistance plate)

I'll post my full routine after my workout this morning. My diet is more than likely the weak link. I've been using fitday, and when I'm spot on I'm impressed, cause I'll take in 4-5k Calories and like 340g of Protein, but other days I'll eat messy and I think that's a total detriment to my gains.

If you guys think I should cut that's probably what I'll do, unfortunately I'll just have to let the gainer shake I bought go to waste.

A cut really is in order though? I personally don't think I'm nearly big enough to want to cut yet...but as stated if you guys really think that's the best course of action I'm more than willing to try it out.

I honestly was thinking of attempting a PSMF for my cut, 8-12 week...but that wouldn't fall under the definition of 'long and slow.' I was just figuring it'd obliterate BF %, probably get me somewhere in the realm of 10% if I worked at it. I'm just afraid I'll end up with skinny ripped arms...when what I want is a pair of guns.

Honestly? My size goals would be something along the lines of Derek Anthony, or Chase Sullivan-Doyle (BCC from this site). That's honestly pretty much EXACTLY what I'd prefer my final look to be like.
    5'8" 210 lbs.

The Bulk continues.

I would say cut as well. You're sporting an almost identical physique to mine. I might be a touch leaner, but you're probably a touch more muscular. I'm currently on a cut that will hopefully get me where I wanted to be when I started this whole deal, so I can actually bulk for once.

I've been doing nothing BUT cutting or maintaining for the last 16 months..lol

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I agree with everyone above. Looks like you've got some good size. A slow controlled cut will bring it out. Listen to Built.

PoutineEh
    i think i have the same shorts as you in those pictures. nike right?
    anyway, im in the same boat as you. just looked at some pictures of myself from 4 months ago and still think i look the same. so that means i need to change something, so i switched to builts baby got back routine last workout. hopefully this does the trick for me (also am going to try and eat a s**t load more)

Quote Originally Posted by cadana
    i think i have the same shorts as you in those pictures. nike right?
    anyway, im in the same boat as you. just looked at some pictures of myself from 4 months ago and still think i look the same. so that means i need to change something, so i switched to builts baby got back routine last workout. hopefully this does the trick for me (also am going to try and eat a s**t load more)
    Yep, Nike. I've changed my routine up and have noticed my strength gaining slightly, and marginal gains in my size, but maybe what I do need is to cut for a while...then I can actually see what needs growth and what doesn't. As it stands right now I'm wearing a winter coat.
    5'8" 210 lbs.

The Bulk continues.

PoutineEh
    whatever you will think you will be happiest with when all is said and done, do that. if you wanna cut, i say go ahead. you will probably look great with a 10 lb. drop or so IMO cause you have the muscle for it.