Thread: interesting problem

interesting problem

One problem I have always had is that my right pec is smaller than my left. Strength seems equal but the right is always noticeably smaller. If I picked a day a few days after my normal chest day to work just that pec do you think it would help? Maybe do flys, cable crossover and dumbell presses with just the one side it might even out a bit?

Do DB Press and eat more food.

Edit: By DB Press, I mean with the use of 2 DB's.
    Last edited by brickt.; 03-15-2006 at 11:52 PM.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

Well my diet is actually looking pretty good it is just that from even before I was working out my right side was always smaller. Almost like a genetic defect haha. Incline DB press is in my routine but I will also add a flat DB press. Should I just eliminate the barbell bench for a while and switch to just DB?

Yep, dumbells
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Hey,
    You'll be pleased to know it's not an interesting question at all. Lots of people have imbalances in strength and/or size between left and right. My right bicep is bigger and my left lat is stronger.

Best idea is to use dumbells to force your left to take the same weight for the same reps as your right. Don't do extra for it, just keep your right and left doing the same until they even out.

Mint
    The asymmetry in size is probably not limited to your pecs. If you check closer you might notice a difference in your lats, shoulders, traps, arms, etc...

My body is very unfortunately extremely asymmetrical and I think in most cases, that asymmetry is indeed genetic. It probably arises from different insertion points and muscle shape as opposed to simply muscle mass, etc...

Many people recommend Dumbells to fix the problem... I donít think it can be fixed. Iím + 40 pounds now and there is no difference. Admittedly I mainly do BB work... But the DB work never really evened out my biceps, and the bent over rows certainly didnít even out my lats (though I donít think itís really a lat exercise).

One things certain: If you want even the smallest chance of your pecs evening out you're going to have to gain some serious weight.
    "To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

Crazy thing about it is when doing dumbells my right side is still stronger than the left by a slight margin. Yet just doesn't look 100% right. I am starting to wonder if somehow it is a little more fat on one side than muscle. Doesn't seem to be though, easy to tell being I don't have to much fat.

Its most likely all in your head. just keep the reps and weight even and they'll even out.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

your mom must have dropped you on your right pec as a baby!

Dont worry about it man, no one is completely symetrical.