The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Should I avoid coffee doing this?

I've read lot's of useful information but now it's time to shoot questions. I don't know if I'm the only one here but I'm an internet addict and mirror is giving me a motive to start working out.

I've been searching over the net for some basic guidelines to do it. I've been trying to do this "by the book" for 3 months and it's starting to work for me. What do you guys think?

Please don't ask me to quit drinking coffee, it's an adiction!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Built
    You're cutting? Read the link in my sig.

Coffee is great when you're cutting!
    Make sure its black coffee

-jordan
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool
    Make sure its black coffee

-jordan
    depends on what your goals are and how strict you wanna be.

I think a good question would be ... Is coffee bad for you? I keep finding contradictions when I look for the answer. Here is the most recent article I have read. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/654018.stm
    I have also read tons about how it can reduce anxiety, suicide in women, even heard that it is an antioxident! So the facts are not out yet I guess. I would like to know what others have read about this issue.
    >-<->-<->Lift long and prosper<->-<->-<->
    Age 21, Weight 178, Height 5'11.5
    Recent Pics
    Food Journal

Quote Originally Posted by The13ig13adWolf
    depends on what your goals are and how strict you wanna be.
    Your goal on a cut is to lose weight. Black coffee is the only coffee you should be drinking on a cut. That being said.

Its great!

-jordan
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Your goal on a cut is to lose weight. Black coffee is the only coffee you should be drinking on a cut. That being said.

Its great!

-jordan
    if you add a dash of milk, i don't think it would make much of a difference
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Grasshoppa
    Black coffee is the only coffee you should be drinking on a cut.

-jordan
    Why?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Why?
    The basic evil of coffee is not the actual coffee but what people add to it. Like built said if it adds into your macros then you consume it. I still think though coffee should always be black while your on a cut. Most people dont watch how much they put in there. For instance. I put in about 1/2 cup sugar + one cup 2% milk when i used to drink coffee. The reason? Black coffee tastes like crap. When im done with it, it tasted like hot chocolate. I doubt it was helpful on my cut though.

-jordan
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Grasshoppa
    I throw some Splenda in and maybe some skim milk...tastes ok...I'm not a coffee drinker, though. But it doesn't HAVE to be black, just like you don't HAVE to eat 100% clean. Most people don't pay attention to what they put in their coffee, I agree. Great thing to do on a cut? Pay attention, hehe. Not much different than paying attention to what food is going into your mouth.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

:withstupi

Yep. Doesn't matter WHAT you eat - just hit your mins for protein and fat, don't go over on the cals, and you're good to go. The rest of the details matter, but not nearly as much as we're lead to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    I throw some Splenda in and maybe some skim milk...tastes ok...I'm not a coffee drinker, though. But it doesn't HAVE to be black, just like you don't HAVE to eat 100% clean. Most people don't pay attention to what they put in their coffee, I agree. Great thing to do on a cut? Pay attention, hehe. Not much different than paying attention to what food is going into your mouth.
    Agreed.

-jordan
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quick Question:

Does coffee itself have any calories? I ask this because I'm doing a PSMF for the next 2 weeks and wanted to make sure I'm not adding calories into my diet. I use "fake" powdered creamer which, by the label, contains no real calories.

I really need the caffeine so I hope the answer is no

Thanks,
    Last edited by Dargo; 03-20-2006 at 08:13 AM.
    "If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health." - Hippocrates (Ancient Greek Physician)

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=76445

black coffee no calories
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    black coffee no calories
    This is wonderful news

Thank you,
    "If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health." - Hippocrates (Ancient Greek Physician)

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=76445

Black coffee tastes like crap.
    :withstupi

I drink green tea instead. It has more caffeine and is probably more helpful for losing fat on a cut. It`s also got all those good anti-oxidants and polyphenols.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Eat, sleep, train DC style CdnLifter's Avatar
    Gotta have my java ..
    If the diet is for contest purposes then I would go light with the dairy.
    For me coffee black has nothing to do with calories. I continue to drink it as my appetitie is suppressed.

And nothing better than early morning cardio with an ECa stack.

Cdn.

The reason? Black coffee tastes like crap.
    I drink loads of black coffee every day, I have a little 5 cup coffee pot on my desk at work and make a pot in the morning and another in the afternoon. If you don't like your coffee black, maybe try other kinds of coffee the variety is huge in different kinds of beans and roasts. (flavoured coffees are gross though) Maybe try filtered water, or some people add a bit of salt to the ground beans and they like it more.

I recently tried a 'presidents choice' blend called "The great canadian coffee" and that one is awesome.

I <3 Coffee

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Down it goes.. down into my belly

-Ron Burgundy wannabe

Glad to hear black coffee has no calories, btw. That was on the back of my mind and I just hadn't looked it up yet.

Three cheers for black coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by TECHO

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Down it goes.. down into my belly

-Ron Burgundy wannabe

Glad to hear black coffee has no calories, btw. That was on the back of my mind and I just hadn't looked it up yet.

Three cheers for black coffee!
    Go Ron Burgundy!!!
    I LOVE my coffee - about 5 a day. Large - one milk. So I can continue drinking all my coffee?? (I've been wondering...). Of course when I cut I'll make sure it's counted...
    Mmmm Coffee. I love you
    I can resist everything except temptation.

i love coffee as well, 1 cup for me,if i had more i'd run a marathon

gain 50lbs-Anthony