Thread: One day per week/ muscle group?

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

One day per week/ muscle group?

I made a modified 3 day split routine that works the same muscles on same days as WBB # 1. Does working each muscle group one day per week like that really work? I appologize because I am sure there is another posting somewhere like this, but I want to hear it for myself before I begin any program. I understand the concept that muscles grow while you rest, not while you work them, but it seems weird to only work each only one day per week. let me know. thanks.

Iron4Life
    Why ask the question "before" you begin any program?
    Why not just try your program... or WBB#1?
    You will at least get some results, especially if you eat right, lift hard and rest enough.

No one can predict how EXACTLY your body will react to any particular program. We can give you recommendations and you can see some of the results of others who have tried various programs.

But one thing is for sure... if you don't start something, you won't get any results.

You are about to embark upon a journey... you will set goals and reach milestones.. and you will, if motivated, continue to learn and progress... have fun with what you can do and achieve.

PS.. Yes, there are lots of people who succeed with one WO per week per bodypart... there are lots of people who succeed with twice per week... etc... I personally seem to progress best with twice per 10 days.

Good luck and have fun..

Wannabebig Member
    i see what your saying. unforunately with my schedule i can only hit the gym 3x week max so im trying to get the best program with that.

Yeah one workout per bodypart per week in general will work, especially if you are just starting off. You should also keep in mind that certain muscles (especially the triceps) will naturally get worked more than once during your workouts (ie on arm day they will get worked, and also during shoulder and chest exercises they will get worked a bit also).

From what I've heard I'd say about 3x every 2 weeks is a good number. Of course it can be difficult to make enough time for going to the gym that often.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me