The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Trying to teach myself how to power clean...

Now my front delts, and my collar bone is red. Looks like it has rashes on it, lol. Am I not catching the bar properly ? Is this normal? Will my skin become more tougher (callueses) ??

Where is the bar suppose to rest ? Is it suppose to rest on your front delts/ collar bones ?
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The bar should rest on the front delts. And yeah, you'll probably have those marks for a while. Part of the problem, although it's impossible to tell without seeing you lift, might be that you're swinging the bar in front, causing it to hit the shoulders harder than necessary. Not a big deal really, it's a very common problem with beginners.

Just focus on keeping the bar close to the body at all points through the lift, extending the body fully (ie. not cutting your pull short), and not pulling with the arms. Focus on these basics, and it should all come together through hours and hours of practice.

How often are you practicing the clean?
    Last edited by khari; 03-06-2006 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks Khari, although I was very tempted to post a video.. I don't want my face to be seen on the internet. I'll find and wear a mask or something.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

nah man post the video, everyone sucks at cleans at first, i still dont have great form and iv been doing them for months.
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

:withstupi

Post a video, its the only way we'll be able to give you really good advice for this. Also, do yourself a favor and watch as many video clips of cleans as possible.... try to imitate that.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah once you start goi heavy the marks are even worse. I do hang cleans with a texas bar those thigns cut you up. The way i was taught to catch the clean was to take my hands away at the end. The bar balancing means its in the right spot. In the beginning my marks were on my throat because i was throwin my elbows up.
    They say wisdom is wise words spoken by a brother attemptin to open the graves of these mentally dead slaves. ~GZA~

Man this camera ****ing sucks and the other cam corder thing I gotta learn how to put the video on my computer.

This may never happen -- I'm a lazy guy. But I'm going to bump this thread with a link to a video, even if it's 2 years old.

Mint
    You might want to pick up "starting strength". It gives excellent instructions on how to correctly perform the power clean - as well as the squat, deadlift, bench press and military press.
    "To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

i've been having red marks and bruises on my chest too. have heard many good things about Starting Strength. otherwise, check this site http://jva.ontariostrongman.ca/