The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Effects of Cheat Meals Compared to Cheat Day?

Got to thinking about Cheat Meals/Cheat Days and figured I'd pose this question to some of the more nutrition suave people on these forums. Now I know calories in and out are going to determine weight gained, but this isn't what the question is about. What different effects with regards to the body do you see in taking Cheat Meals as opposed to a Cheat Day? I guess I should define the two a little better. When I say Cheat Day, I'm referring to the Cheat Days some people have where they cram 7000 calories of sweets and what not into one day. When I talk about Cheat Meals, I mean eating say a semi bad dinner on Friday night, and then eating clean throughout the weekend except for one meal on Saturday and one on Sunday. For comparison's sake, lets say you ate the exact same amount of bad **** during both the Cheat Meal and Cheat Day scenarios. Which do you think would have the most adverse reaction within the body? I probably worded this really bad, but I'm tired and don't feel like thinking my way through all this.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    I know calories in and out are going to determine weight gained
    Just usage of the word gained makes me want to ask:

Are you bulking?

If you are cutting I would do a cheat day VS a cheat meal Fri,Sat,Sun. The cheat day would give the benefits of a refeed with roughly the same in cals.

I consider a cheat day and day I go over my Maintanance calories by 500 or more. SO if you are having some crappy meal 3 times a week and completely blowing your daily needs to ****e then I would say its a cheat DAY. Now if your bulkig then I guess theres really no reason to worry.
    God created liquor to keep the Irish from conquering the world.

Come up with a plan. Follow it 90% of the time. Problem solved.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

If i can get my head round what your saying weight wise i think its all going to be the same. the more i read up on this and the more i see on here my opinion is its all based on weekly outgoings and incomings as much as anything else so wether you have it all in one day or spread over 3 meals over 3 days the total cals for the week will be the same.

Advantages from spreading it out over 3 days is obviously depending on what you eat you will have the nebefits especially while cutting of extra energy for workouts the bad thing is you going to be bloated and taking in empty cals for 3 days effecting protein.

Advantages of having it in one day is itsa more controlable and is not effecting you diet for the rest of the week however i always feel like **** after having a complete cheat day but thats just me.

Their is however far to many factors to be able to give astraight answere. Such as are you bulking or cutting/ what will your cheat meals contain etc etc etc

hope this helps
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Oh the Super Midget, I mean Moderator coming up with supreme judgement haha. The question was just a more in general type thing, though I should have said it was geared more to those cutting. I was just wondering that if a single day as a refeed is used to affect different hormones, compounds and what not in the body, what would be the effect if instead of one day, you spread the refeed over 2 or three days. Of course if you spread it over the 2 or 3 days, you'd feel the empty spaces with good, clean food, but overall, would it have the same effect as if you just did a single day of refeeding? BTW this is nothing I'm looking at really doing for myself persay, just was interested in the whole idea.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    I was just wondering that if a single day as a refeed is used to affect different hormones, compounds and what not in the body, what would be the effect if instead of one day, you spread the refeed over 2 or three days.
    I'm pretty sure that you will get more benefits in terms of leptin with a cheat day. I also suspect that you will get better glycogen storage with a cheat day but that may simply come down to mathematics.