I have been following the WBB1 routine since Nov 2005 (warmup set(s) are performed beforehand):

Day 1 : Chest and Back

Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Dips : 2 x 6-8 reps

Back

Chin ups : 2 x 6-8 reps
Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
Barbell Rows : 2 x 6-8 reps
Shrugs : 1 x 10 reps

Day 2 : OFF

Day 3 : Legs

Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hack Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Straight Legged Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps

Day 4 : OFF

Day 5 : Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps

Shoulders

Military Press in Rack : 2 x 6-8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Lateral Raises : 2 x 10 reps

Triceps :

Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
French Press : 2 x 6-8 reps

Biceps :

Barbell Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hammer Curls : 1 x 6-8 reps

Day 6 : OFF

Day 7 : OFF

Now my stats before starting this routine, (keep in mind this doesn’t mean I have never worked out. I just tried something new) were the following:

Height 5’ 7”
Weight 172lbs (do not know BF % --don’t care)

After ~ 4 months of this routine I have the following stats:

Height –still the same (what the hell? Aren’t you supposed to get taller from working out? ;-) )

Weight ~190lbs

Bench press went up from 200lbs to 250lbs
Squat went from 225lbs to 275lbs
Deadlift went from 0lbs to 250lbs (never did them before this routine)

I have no complaints about this routine other than the fact that I am plateauing and I have not gained anything for 3 weeks or so in terms of size or strength.

So I ask those that are more knowledgeable than me this:

Is the next step in this routine to change the exercises or the amount of reps or both? Is Periodization something I should be incorporating? What would be the best method? Should I go to WBB2?

My goal is this—my wife and I saw “Failure to Launch” and she swooned over Matthew McConaughey’s physique which I would classify as “muscular toned”. I am not like that at this point due to the fact I have been putting on size over the winter. I would like to start to go that route and I assume I will have to do more cardio. I realize I will probably lose some weight and size but I really would like to know if using weights with a rep range of 10-12 reps is going to be detrimental to my overall goal?

Thanks.