Thread: New to dieting, advice?

Wannabebig New Member

New to dieting, advice?

I am 18 years old and looking to slim down with a healthy diet plan instead of a fad diet that will make me gain weight the second I get off it, I'm 6'1" 230 pounds and looking for a good diet plan also I wanna know if things like Protene shakes for muscle gain should be avoided until I slim down. Also I'm looking to lose this weight pretty quick I'm not to over weight...I would just like to flat lean out quick and be done with it I'm sick of being over weight lol

This second question is a little off topic but I broke my femer years back and was wondering if this TriFlex http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133463 would help my knee at all, maybe someone has had results with it?
    Last edited by Parlous14; 03-20-2006 at 09:43 PM.

^^^what built said. as far as the triflex i would go with ETS by ATL nutrition instead. I'm not sure if thats exactly what your looking for.

protein shakes are good for easy cals. if your cutting most of us around here perfer to chew our food while in a caloric deficit.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle