The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Pit Stick

Pit Stick

I need the most powerful pit stick ever. Im getting this MAJOR problem. I sweat soooo much now in my pit area. Like, its doesnít smell or anything, its just very wet and gross. Iíve tried mitcham, speed stick and arm ní hammer but they donít work.

Anyone know of a potent anti perspirant? Or anything that I could do to get rid of this problem? Like, its freezing here and im sweating in my pit area like a pig, in the summer wtf am I going to do? hahaha

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Hey. I know the feeling. I use Red Zone by Old Spice, and I wear an undershirt.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Mitchum is the best..... that sucks it didnt work.
    >-<->-<->Lift long and prosper<->-<->-<->
    Age 21, Weight 178, Height 5'11.5
    Recent Pics
    Food Journal

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Trim your armpit hair short (as in #3 setting or shorter). That's helped me a lot. I've even sworn off anti-perspirants, and I definitely don't hesitate to break out in a sweat. Short hair works for me.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    Trim your armpit hair short (as in #3 setting or shorter). That's helped me a lot. I've even sworn off anti-perspirants, and I definitely don't hesitate to break out in a sweat. Short hair works for me.
    I cut them shorter, although there still have long. Yea, Ill cut em' to about what? 1/2 inch?

Just about, yes. Grab hair clippers and throw a #3 attachment on them. You want the hair to be just long enough to not be so stiff as to poke and irritate your skin. I used to use anti-perspirant and deodorant mix but now I've switched to plain deodorant and I'm fine with it (at least while it's winter... I've yet to try this in summertime). Of course, you may have more of a sweat problem that I do. If it's really bad see your doc- there are sweat disorders and treatments to deal with them.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Actually, I've had the same problem for a few years now - it's nothing that warrants surgery, I'm guessing, but it's annoying nonetheless. I find that different deodorants work for different people - to wit, my g/f swears that she uses "Dry Idea" on her underarms and it's so powerful that she can't sweat out of her LEGS for days. I'm not ashamed to admit that I snuck it once while she wasn't looking in order to try it... nope, not for me. I think so far, the best has been Old Spice High Endurance (the white solid, not the blue gel-stick). Adidas also made a good gel a while back but I haven't been able to find it recently At any rate, keep trying different ones. Oh, and I'm with Mike on this one - definitely trim those suckers way down.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Drysol. Ask your pharmacis for it as they usually have it behind the counter. Apply once before bed and you won't sweat for weeks.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    i have a problem with sweaty pits myself ive found that mitchum, and high endurance works the best for me, screw the gels and clear sloids, they dont do **** for the heavy sweaters
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

hahah keep em' comming guys!

Im going to try Drysol I think, is prescription only though? http://www.drugstore.com/qxa1067_333..._is_drysol.htm

Id just like to add, I dont sweat much anywhere else unless its hot (who doesn't?) but like, in class it could be 15-20*C and my armpits will be very warm. Dam body!!!

Quote Originally Posted by accuFLEX
    Id just like to add, I dont sweat much anywhere else unless its hot (who doesn't?) but like, in class it could be 15-20*C and my armpits will be very warm. Dam body!!!
    You should probably move more north. Canada may be too warm for you.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Old spice high endurance redzone going on 7 yrs now. I don't think my armpits can even develop sweat\smell anymore.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Go for a more expensive anti-perspirant i.e. not one you can pick up at the grocery store. I used Red Zone forever, then decided to try one by Jack Black (male cosmetic company, not the fatass). It really is worth the money.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

I've used Certain Dry. Most pharmacies have it behind the counter or ask the pharmacist. It works well. Takes a few days to really work but on the same concept as Drysol. Not sure about in Canada, but its over the counter here in the US.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.