Thread: Morning meal high in carbs and calories-Bad or OK to catch up later?

Morning meal high in carbs and calories-Bad or OK to catch up later?

I only recently started to closely monitor what I eat. Boy, what a big surprise that was.

In any event, I've noticed that 1/4 of my calories and about 1/3 of my carbs are coming from breakfast. Then, mid morning and before my workout, I'm playing catch up with my protein (some more carbs before working out). By mid afternoon, I'm pretty well balanced out (doing a 45% carb, 35% protein, 20% fat ratio.)

Tell me why this isn't a good thing. Or, tell me I'm brilliant and doing something wonderful.

Percentages mean nothing. Base your amounts on what you weigh (preferably lean body mass). In any event, timing (for most of us), isn't overly important. It's the overall picture that matters more.

So what's your protein/fat/carb count look like?
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I'm not sure how to base my intake on what I weigh.

I'm 185 pounds, 5'9" and my bf is pretty high. I've only used hand held and weight scale fat monitors, but both have me between 18-25% bf.

I've been eating about 2600 calories per day, with 270 grams of carbs, 248 grams of protein and about 60 grams of fat.

What do you suggest I do? I need to get this bf off obviously. My cardio is 3-4x per week for 30 minutes and up to 40 minutes on one day.

Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310