The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Ligament Rehabilitation (elbow)

About Two weeks ago I hurt my elbow wrestling; not sure how, got up from a live match and it hurt. Afterwords It hurt to move at the joint at all. Ice and ibuprofen helped. It got to the point where It didn't hurt at all untill I aggrivated either playing tennis or lifting weights (benchpress). Finally I got smart and took some time off to let it heal.

Now It seems like the ligament has healed all the way (or whatever was injured). I can still feel that it was injured, for instance when I flex my tricep hard it feels different than my other elbow, which was not injured, though I'm hesistant to call the difference pain. Now I'm wondering what is the best way to get my elbow back to par and keep from injuring it. I can do pushups with no pain, haven't tried benchpress at all, and I have full mobility. Should I just "take it easy" and lift light for awhile? How do I get my full strenght back in the tendon/ligament? I'm very interested in benchpressing again, and being able to go all out in deadlifts/pullups.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If your injury is not on the back of the tricep, where it connects to the elbow then forearm/wrist excersizes should help.

Do wrist curls, and reverse wrist curls, roll ups, even hand grippers if you got them. All of the connections coming to your elbow are coming from your wrist and forearm, I had a nagging elbow injury that lasted for almost a year. I found that doing forearm strengthening helped a lot.

You can also wrap your forearm, almost touching the elbow joint. Wrap it tight, always wear this wrap when doing anything involving the eblow. But again, if your injury was from your tricep connectors these things dont apply.

I considered that it might be something like tennis elbow, but my grip never bothers me. I'm left handed and its my left elbow, if that means anything, but the only thing that really hurts is heavy bench or pullups.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.