The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Rotator Cuff Issues, Incline Dumbell press

A couple years ago i had my should pop out and make some nasty noises while doing incline dumbell press. I was put on a high strength anti-inflamtory and didnt do chest / shoulder excersises for several months. I finally got the shoulder back to full strength and starting hitting the gym hard. Last friday I was at the gym and it Happened again! What the heck am I doing wrong? Its still killing me and I have an appointment with the orthapedist next tuesday. I figure the doctor wont know exactly what it is or what to do but I'm hoping some one on this forum does!
    Thanks for your help in advance
    `Dave

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

How well do you warm up and stretch? I suggest hitting the bike for 3-5 minutes, then performing shoulder stretches for a few minutes before you begin. Then, start off with 2 light warm up set to get the blood flowing, and to prepare your body for the excersize you are about to do. Find some shoulder excersizes on the internet.

-World-is-Yours-
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Here's a post I made recently. It's still not finished, but it might help you articulate where your pain is and what triggers it. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=76326

Here's another link that might be helpful: http://www.stoneclinic.com/rotator_cuff.htm

Definately DON'T do anything except ice and rest until you see a medical professional.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/