Thread: Stop Lifting

Wannabebig Member

Stop Lifting

I canít lift anymore, nor fallow my diet.I am going to stop until I graduate from my senior year (around 2-3) month. Because itís merely impossible, it seems I donít have time. I come home from school, go to work, then only have around 2 hours to relax or do school work. And on weekends I have to study for the SATs and ASVAB test, its so much pressure on me to graduate with a good GPA, so basically I am going to not lift in till I finish my school, because I do not have time. But I will still be sticking around here.

Ps: I am not giving up on lifting ( still going to reach my goal around 160 or more); just taking a break so I can get my school out of the way first.
    I am not big YET

good luck,get back into it when you're ready
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    Good call - school first, then lifting. I agree.

Perspective shift for you, though: I work full time, attend University full time, and still find time to work out. You could probably find time too, but for only two or three months, I wouldn't worry about it.

Wannabebig Member
    dont worry i will, and thnx for your luck
    I am not big YET

If you need a break, take it. But remember, none of us have time to lift, we make time.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Hey, you still got weekends right?

Anyway definitely stay focused on those SATs. They get weighted quite a bit more than the GPA. Learn all of those stupid little tricks that they throw in.

Good luck bro. Once you get to college you'll have a boatload of free time (or maybe I'm just doing something wrong).
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Good luck with your exams!

Get done what you need to get done.

When you have time, do something active - try out a crossfit workout of the day, or go out and run for a while... something. If anything, it will be a good break from all the other work you are doing, and it well help you stay ready for getting back to lifting.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

instead of sticking around here go to the gym.. maybe

Iron4Life
    How about Pushups, Pullups and Body Squats?
    You don't need a lot of time... but if you drop and do 20 of each, every hour or 2 of studying... you'll probably get a nice energy boost... and keep some strength.

Try one-arm, one-leg ones too...

You would be surprised how much maintenance you can do with bodyweight exercises...

Edit: PS.. I do a lot of traveling - where there are no gyms - or with no time to get to them after 16-20 hour days.. Bodyweight exercises are a blessing while in a hotel room.
    Last edited by Bob; 03-23-2006 at 04:54 PM.

I agree with bearwolf that you should do some bw exercises .. just to relieve stress if nothing else.

Another thing, stay on these forums and keep your diet in check. It will make you that much closer to getting on a good routine and attaining your goals once you come back.

Other than that gl with the exams, god I miss high school ... best time of my life.
    "it's you against you, it's the paradox that drives us all"

6'1", 206, 11.5%
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 275
    DeadLift: 335
    -------------
    Total: 895 and moving up.

Check my progress and read more in My Journal.

Banned
    Sounds like a good opportunity to bulk. Sitting around doing nothing....

No one is too busy to workout. Sorry, but it only takes 10-15 minutes to get in an adequate workout, at home, and you can do this 3-4 times a week.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John