The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That WBB1 looks pretty good actually, doesn't seem like many lifts or such high volume, is that right? ? ?

What a good, helpful thread here..and a good first post. you obviously did a bit of work on your own before you asked a question.

I concur with all of the above replies. See Drew's thread on semi-dirty bulking foods as well. It's over in powerlifting, I think.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Hi there, thanks for that, yeh, i tend to try not to bore people and annoy people by posting, "ok, im new here i want to get bigger, erm, what do i do", because i can imagine how that must be to see it time and time again.

Cool, thanks for that mate, will check that out now, many thanks again all.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO
    That WBB1 looks pretty good actually, doesn't seem like many lifts or such high volume, is that right? ? ?
    Yup, that's right. It's meant to be short and heavy and all the exercises are good.

It works too.. I've added over 35lbs since September. Not much increase in body fat either.

Cool i might just give it a try, seems ideal for someone just starting out.

bear in mind that at 6ft1 your going to have a pretty big ROM on most exercises and also the law of physics regarding torque apply as you have long levers (arms/legs) so when lifting the same amount of weight as ashort guy you are actually doing more work so initially you wont be lifting as much but the strength will come. Unfortunatly that also means you have to get even bigger to get the same proportions, but on the bright side when you do your gonna be huge

Dont set your goals too short term, work out realistically where you want to be in 6 months, a year, 2 years etc. then work towards them and dont worry too much about what other people are achieving.

That's cool mate, ah right thanks for the information on levers and torque, etc... it's often an overlooked part of the whole situation i guess.

To be honest i think if i can add some decent mass then i will look pretty good with the height that i am, i am taller than most people and if i added some nice muscle mass to that frame then i think it would look a load better.

Thanks again guys, if anyone has any more info, advice, please post, really nice bunch of people here!!!