The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

i always wondered this about overtraining.

The one tell tale sign i used to determine if i was overtraining was if i was enthusiastic about hitting the gym aka bored lethargic. Is that the only thing i should look for?

But the big question i always wondered was this, in my opinon overtraining is not giving your body time to recover, hence doing chest mon and wednesday or chest monday and tris tuesday. And people always dwell on high sets saying its overtraining. But lets say someone does 4 excercises on monday with 3 sets each, givng them 12 total sets for monday. This lifter procedes to do 6 more sets of chest on friday giving him 3 days recovery. and then sat and sumday off where he gets 2.

Thats 18 sets of chest which many say is to much do to over training. But is it really if 3 days is enough recovery.? Note this is not what i do, my routine is on here.
    Last edited by mark27; 03-25-2006 at 10:28 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

There's a big difference between overreaching and overtraining. Google those terms and you should be able to find plenty of good solid definitions of the two.

Being stale or bored can be a symptom, but it could also just be that you just need a change in your training.

I don't think 18 sets/week is too much, but a lot of it depends on what you are doing in those 18 sets.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/