The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Pants problem

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.

Pants problem

Ok, I used to wear 36 waist, yea yea i know i know, at the height it was 40s and then I'm back to 38 waist. however, I've been cutting for the last month and over the year i've been dropping weight and I spend a bit of tim ein the mirror like more builders eyeing critically and I'm dropping the belly, its to the point where its flibby but flat but I'm having problems getting into those pants that are 38s that were easy when i was a fat ass. any thoughts? am i even in the right spot? Maybe some muscle that i'm missing is getting bigger, or abs or something?
    Last edited by crazedwombat; 12-01-2004 at 06:56 AM.
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned

could you try that again in English?

OK, i wore 38 inch waist in pants before i started working out, I fit in them easily even though i was a tub of flub. now that i've been working out and dropped 13+% bf, I'm in much better shape but the 38inch is tight on some jeans..whats up with that? The belly is noticably half the size it used to be...

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

You have a 28" waist now?!?

oops, the 3 and 2 are close, now i'm still around 38, thats just it, pant size isnt decreasing and its hard to get into. it seems big but i dont get it because i'm dropping belly steadily...some pants are getting loose to the point of falling off, so i guess maybe its just the pants style/manufacturer, but i dont know...

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Your ass/upper quads/hammies/hip flexors/-extensors/-abductors/-adductors/abs are probably all bigger.
    This makes for a much less comfortable pair of jeans, even if the waistline looks better. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find jeans that fit comfortably (granted, I'm bulking, and am a bit of a fatass at the moment), because even if something fits my waist, it's such a squeeze on my legs and upper thigh/ass area that the waist gets pulled tight by the rest of me.
    Stupid squats.

You will probably need to go find some "relaxed fit" pants. Straight leg is not gonna work for any guy that seriously trains his lower body.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

what about dress pants? i find that its find at the waist to mid thigh then the pants get kind of skinny, like they go in a littl ebit, i know a bit is from wearing boxers, but i've always looked bad in dress pants and slacks because it looks like my thighs are all big and then from the knee down its all small...this happen to you guys?
    Last edited by crazedwombat; 12-01-2004 at 07:33 AM.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I have found the best pants based on larger thighs are:

Levis 569 jeans.
    Urban Pipeline utility cargo pants
    South Pole cargo jean pants

I have a 34" waist, but I have to wear a 38" waist in order to get them over my legs.
    Most jeans are cut too small in the thighs. The ones I listed above are cut looser in the ass and thighs but run a little smaller in the waist section so when you wear a belt, it doesnt bunch up the material as much as a normal pair of pants.
    Tuef = "I need to get my ego stroked more often."

wow thanks, that helps, what about dress pants?

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I have all my dress pants tailored since I only wear them with suits and the jackets always have to be tailored so I get the pants done also.

Sorry, really cant help you on the dress pants issue. I work in an office and my company allows jeans all year round and shorts during the summer.
    Tuef = "I need to get my ego stroked more often."

Wear your pants at your hips. This way youll end up with much larger "waist" sizes on the pants and they will probably fit your legs as well. Plus it looks cooler
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

lol if i was 14 and wannabe ghetto instead of wannabe big i'd wear them lower but for some reason when i wear them like that, they trip me up when i'm running from the cops...so i tend to like them on correctly
    Last edited by crazedwombat; 12-01-2004 at 08:38 AM.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

dude, i have great big legs/thighs and all that..not disproportionally thank heaven..i used to always wear levis 560 relaxed..now that i'm older and a bit bigger, they suck..so now i only buy levi silvertab=baggy silvertab doesn't deal in numbers other than waist size..all their types are descriptive only, and baggy's are my clothing savior..i only have one pair of dress pants, and i got them at Macy's on the spur-of-the-moment, so i don't know that they are, but they were freaking costly..those sivertabs are perfect for me..but that's me..but i have a 38-40 waist, so i'm in your ballpark..and i don't wear them on my hips i guess..i just wear them on my waistline/hipbone..just not hip-hop style..no undies showin

This thread massively confuses me, I'll try to understand better on the morrow.

How has your glutes of steel grown?

Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat
    lol if i was 14 and wannabe ghetto instead of wannabe big i'd wear them lower but for some reason when i wear them like that, they trip me up when i'm running from the cops...so i tend to like them on correctly
    At your hips. Not at your dick with half your ass out showing your underwear... prude
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

I dont wear underwear...the boys like complete freedom. plus the ladies tend to think its hot.
    mrelwooddowd Most of my jeans are silvertab but the ones that arent are the ones that are tight...go figure, silvertab, I'm your b!tch.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

exactly..i just gave up on not spending 50 bucks for jeans i wear every day..regular levis are for chicken-legged people..we just have to live with that..i ususally catch a silvertab sale and get them for 35 bucks once a year

I was big in the jnco craze, my 33inch pant legs, i thought was sooo bad ass, i still have a pair or two of jncos, but Since i like the older ladies, they dont take kindly to me looking 16 in those pants.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -