The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Massive eating

Massive eating

I keep reading around here that you're supposed to eat as much as you can and pack in those calories.

But if you're trying to look lean and have a six pack why would you wanna do that?

Maybe I'm confused and super eating is only for powerlifters. Also what if you're younger (I'm 15)? I don't wanna be a big football player, I just wanna have a nice set of abs, how can I do that if I have to eat 3500 cals a day?

Someone please clarify I'm a

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

how tall are you? how much do you weigh?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I'm 6 feet tall 168 pounds and like 18% body fat

If you want to gain muscle you have to be in a caloric surplus. If you want to lose weight, and all you are concerned about is your abs, you need to be in a caloric deficit.

So it depends on your goals.

Edit: given your stats, if you want to see your abs you have to cut (be in a caloric deficit) to get down to about 10% BF. You need to lose about 13.5lbs of fat. But I think you will look extremely scrawny at 6ft, 150lbs.
    Last edited by Jorge Sanchez; 03-31-2006 at 05:37 PM.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

So you're saying I should bulk for a couple months then cut? Would it help if I took pics?

if you'd like, it would help yes
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I'm honestly not too sure what I would do in your position.

If you're new to lifting I think I would suggest just getting your diet in order (ie: clean diet, with enough fats and protein), eating at maintenance and lifting hard. Since you're fifteen and if you're new to lifting I think you could expect some significant recomposition before you would have to commit to a traditional cut or bulk.

The bodybuilder way works for the rest of us, we just do it at a lower level - you bulk (eat in surplus and lift heavy) to add muscle, then cut (eat fewer calories and keep lifting) to lose the fat and see your muscle.

You don't have a substantial amount of muscle on your body, so the best bet for you would be to work out and eat for a while, until your muscles grow to fill in your frame. Then you can lose weight, and you'll look like a million bucks.

Otherwise you'll just look like a Sudanese marathon runner, and really, who wants to look at that?

ETA: forgot for a minute there that you were only 15. At 15, if you're exercising regularly, you're not going to have to worry about eating anything but healthy food at your maintenance level (the level at which you neither gain nor lose weight). Your body's natural hormones will take care of the rest.
    Last edited by Skinny Fat; 03-31-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Don't ask for a lighter load. Ask for a stronger back.

Well I'm about to post pics so hopefully a mod clears them quickly.

I don't want to be like build and measure and do calculations of fat and carbs and stuff. I'm willing to eat salads without and dressings and whey and the sort but I really am not dedicated enough to take percentages and do that much research. Also skinny fat you're saying if I eat when I hungry and don't eat when I'm not and don't eat junk food and simply exercise regularly I would naturally get a nice bod?

Like I said I don't wanna be a football players or a muscle freak I guess the best example is a model's body. http://www.geocities.com/foxykidd2002/brad3.jpg

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Slow/clean bulk to gain 20lbs. Then cut 30lbs. Enjoy.

Hm so now I need the complete beginners guide to bulking and cutting...

any links?

Looking at those pictures you are way lower than 18%BF. I say bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by arya202
    Well I'm about to post pics so hopefully a mod clears them quickly.

I don't want to be like build and measure and do calculations of fat and carbs and stuff. I'm willing to eat salads without and dressings and whey and the sort but I really am not dedicated enough to take percentages and do that much research. Also skinny fat you're saying if I eat when I hungry and don't eat when I'm not and don't eat junk food and simply exercise regularly I would naturally get a nice bod?

Like I said I don't wanna be a football players or a muscle freak I guess the best example is a model's body. http://www.geocities.com/foxykidd2002/brad3.jpg

If you're not willing to measure your calories (which takes at most 10 minutes) then you will never have consistent gains.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by arya202
    Hm so now I need the complete beginners guide to bulking and cutting...

any links?
    Read the sticky threads in Diet and Nutrition.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    If you're not willing to measure your calories (which takes at most 10 minutes) then you will never have consistent gains.
    word^

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto