The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Nitrean and Opticen - UK Supply or an alternative?

Hi,

Whilst it seems that Nitrean and Opticen are this Forum's clear favourites, they do not immediately appear to be available in the UK.

If this is the case, i wonder what folks reccommendation for here is......

P.S - Im a little unclear about the difference between protein and "weight gainers" (later = protein + sugar?). It seems that protein is the more natural proposition - right?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

A tub of whey protein contains whey protein plus minimal carbs and fats. Purer blends are usually more expensive so in a typical 20g serving, expect around 17.5g of protein.

Weight gainers usually have dextrose or maltodextrin in them. In my eyes they're a rip off because you're just paying for protein plus sugar. You might as well buy the whey protein and then add your own dextrose etc (or drink a glucose energy drink etc.)
    They can be useful post-workout but I prefer to make my own shake.

As for Nitrean and Opticen.. I'd be interested too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawf
    Hi,

Whilst it seems that Nitrean and Opticen are this Forum's clear favourites, they do not immediately appear to be available in the UK.

If this is the case, i wonder what folks reccommendation for here is......

P.S - Im a little unclear about the difference between protein and "weight gainers" (later = protein + sugar?). It seems that protein is the more natural proposition - right?
    I get all my supplements from AT LARGE NUTRITION and I live in the uk.
    I've asked Chris on several occassions if he had thought of supplying from the uk but for the time being thats not an option. Purely to save me on the shipping costs.

PM chris mason and he'll give you a quote for shipping, then of course you'll have to convert $ to £. The shipping makes the products more expensive however I believe in them that much that i'm willing to pay that little extra.
    Height 6ft 1"
    Current Weight 200lbs

Goal
    200lbs @ 10%bf

With a little from:
    WBB #1
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    EC Stack
    Advice from WBB members

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    DavyRen - All around nice guy. Respectful to the end.

I buy my supps, Reflex brand, from monstersupplements.com
    Last edited by TheGimp; 03-31-2006 at 07:28 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    And presumably, TheGimp, are you satisfied with this brand?

Satisfied enough not to have tried another brand, yes.

Prior to this I was using the Body Fortress brand you may have noticed at Holland and Barrett health food shops but it seemed like too much of a budget product for my liking.

I was drawn to Reflex because a) they're a UK based brand b) they have, in my experience, excellent customer service - e.g. helpful and rapid reply to my query as to whether their products are suitable for vegetarians - and c) they seem to be in the business of developing innovative products - for instance their weight gainer was one of the first I noticed to use a kind of powdered oats for carbs rather than maltodextrin.

Yeah I use Reflex as well. It's probably the best UK brand in my opinion, and I like the look of their containers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGimp
    Satisfied enough not to have tried another brand, yes.

Prior to this I was using the Body Fortress brand you may have noticed at Holland and Barrett health food shops but it seemed like too much of a budget product for my liking.

I was drawn to Reflex because a) they're a UK based brand b) they have, in my experience, excellent customer service - e.g. helpful and rapid reply to my query as to whether their products are suitable for vegetarians - and c) they seem to be in the business of developing innovative products - for instance their weight gainer was one of the first I noticed to use a kind of powdered oats for carbs rather than maltodextrin.
    I use that Holland and Barrett stuff. The vanilla tastes pretty good actually and blends really well. I dont know how "budget" it is... 1kg costs £19.99

I think I'll start ordering off the net in larger quantities though.