The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    n00b status

a couple questions about wbb 1 routine

Well I just started the WBB 1 routine on Sunday, April 2nd. Currently I am about 4.5 months into my bulk.

Previously I had been doing a push/pull split lacking legs. It consisted of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, off. I've gained a decent amount of strength and weight off this, but definately not as much as i could have. I'd typically do about 12 sets per body part, with reps ranging from 8-12.

I hadn't really read any real written workouts, and was just sorta doing my own thing, but I was keeping consistency in workout routine, upping weights, gaining mass and taking in alot of calories.

Anyways, the WBB routine is definately much different from my ex-workout.

I noticed while doing the first day, chest/back that I was finished within about 40 minutes. Does this seem too fast?

Right now I'm trying to find weights that require the correct amount of resistance, but its hard because, for example the chest routine is only 6 sets. I'm not a trainer and don't really know whats best for your body, so I'm assuming 6 sets is optimum so you don't overwork your muscles. I believe thats what I was doing in my last work out- over working muscles with excessive reps and sets.

Another question regarding the doing dips in the chest workout. If doing the chest dips seem too easy, should i try to add weight to me?

This morning my chest didn't seem sore at all, even though usually after a chest/ tri workout it feels sore. I know you can't always evaluate a workout based on DOMS, but I just want to make sure my chest is getting work, because that is a part of my upper body that is lacking the most.

I hope some of my questions and concerns are clear enough for you guys to comment. If not I'll reply with clarification. I'm really looking forward to finishing up my bulk with this workout. Thanks and gl to all.
    Last edited by wannabeabigboy; 04-03-2006 at 01:08 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeabigboy
    1) I noticed while doing the first day, chest/back that I was finished within about 40 minutes. Does this seem too fast?

2) Another question regarding the doing dips in the chest workout. If doing the chest dips seem too easy, should i try to add weight to me?

3) This morning my chest didn't seem sore at all, even though usually after a chest/ tri workout it feels sore. I know you can't always evaluate a workout based on DOMS, but I just want to make sure my chest is getting work, because that is a part of my upper body that is lacking the most.

I hope some of my questions and concerns are clear enough for you guys to comment. If not I'll reply with clarification. I'm really looking forward to finishing up my bulk with this workout. Thanks and gl to all.
    Too fast? Only you can judge that. If you left the gym thinking 'man, I've got a lot left in the tank', you probably need to increase the weight and focus more. Increasing the weight might add to your between-set recovery. It sounds like you definitely need to keep increasing the resistance, in general.

You've answered your question re: the dips. Are they too easy? Add weight. Nothing in the gym should be 'too easy', unless you're warming up with it.

You already know the answer regarding soreness. Judge yourself by how much you think you exerted, and on growth, not on soreness. If you've got more to give at the end, you need to increase the weight. If you're not growing, change something - increase weight, caloric intake, protein intake, split, whatever. If you're not sore, just be thankful.

Don't ask for a lighter load. Ask for a stronger back.

I'm currently using a modified WBB1 and the chest/back day takes me the longest of the three (about 50mins-1hr), although I do 4 sets of deadlifts and dropped the shrugs.

Personally, I prefer short, intense workouts. But I'm with Skinny Fat; if you think it's too easy up the weights. As long as you push yourself and eat properly this routine will make you grow.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

n00b status
    how can i add weight without abelt?

I saw a guy grab a 100lb dumbbell with his feet and dip that way. Just set a dumbbell on end, and go down, pick it up with your feet, then dip away.
    Nick V