Thread: Adding a couple inches...

Wannabebig Member

Adding a couple inches...

With a good workout regimen and a solid diet, could I add 2" to my arms in 4 months?

My current size is 14"...pathetic, and football's coming up, I want to be stronger and look a bit more the part.

Starting monday my workout plan will look like this:

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Tuesday: Rest Day
    Wednesday: Back, Biceps, Forearms
    Thursday: Rest Day
    Friday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves
    Saturday: Rest day
    Sunday: Rest day

My tricep workout compromises of skullcrushers, lying tricep extensions and close grip benching.
    My bicep workout compromises of benching, alternating DB curls, standing barbell curls and preacher curls.

I'm hoping to for about 20lbs of lbm and 2" to my arms, is this possible; NOTE, using my whole workout, I only posted my specific arm workouts.
    Also I feel like my tricep workout is lacking a bit, what are some other good workouts for them?
    Last edited by Natty_Lftr; 04-05-2006 at 07:52 PM.

i think 2" in 4 months is kinda pushin it, unless you are a beginner. but who knows i could be wrong. it just seems a lil too much in too little time to me.
    20 yrs old
    6'2" 210 lbs
    9% BF
    bench 330 x 2
    squat 415 x 8

once a marine always a marine

also i wouldnt include benching as a bicep workout
    20 yrs old
    6'2" 210 lbs
    9% BF
    bench 330 x 2
    squat 415 x 8

Plastic surgery would do it.

Adding 2" to your arms will take a LOT longer than 4 months.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Wannabebig Member
    Well I am a beginner, and my triceps are pretty much nonexistant.

i would shoot for an about 1/2 inch because i dont think you would be able to get much more than that in 4 months without any gear and assuming by ur display name thats not an option

your tricep workout is probly good.. thats pretty much the same thing i do and they are responding good. maybe its just genetics, most people have atleast 1 muscle that wont grow as fast as the other ones. my lats are horrible even tho i crush em in the gym
    20 yrs old
    6'2" 210 lbs
    9% BF
    bench 330 x 2
    squat 415 x 8

Wannabebig Member
    I've seen alot of people suggest no to do chest and shoulders on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Plastic surgery would do it.

Adding 2" to your arms will take a LOT longer than 4 months.

Agreed. A WHOLE lot longer. If you want it to be muscle that is.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

If you gained 50lbs you might gain 2 inches on your arms, maybe, I dunno.. but 50lbs is gonna take alot longer than 4 months.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

An inch on your arms would equate to about 10lbs of solid muscle, so your math is pretty good. In that case you have to add 5lbs of muscle every month for 4 months. Impossible, no, but very extremely hard to do if you're not in that lucky 1% of the population that grow like weeds. I suggest lifting really heavy, eating a lot and sleeping a good 9 - 10 hours a day. Also incorporate a lot of pulls in your workout, close and wide grip rows and pullups.

Why not jsut get stronger and not look the part. This way people will underestimate you on the field, and you'll kick ass.

Try the Max-OT program (http://www.ast-ss.com) to increase strength. [you need to sign up w/ your e-mail, but I never got any spam becasue of it]
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_Lftr
    With a good workout regimen and a solid diet, could I add 2" to my arms in 4 months?

My current size is 14"...pathetic, and football's coming up, I want to be stronger and look a bit more the part.

Starting monday my workout plan will look like this:

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Tuesday: Rest Day
    Wednesday: Back, Biceps, Forearms
    Thursday: Rest Day
    Friday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves
    Saturday: Rest day
    Sunday: Rest day

My tricep workout compromises of skullcrushers, lying tricep extensions and close grip benching.
    My bicep workout compromises of benching, alternating DB curls, standing barbell curls and preacher curls.

I'm hoping to for about 20lbs of lbm and 2" to my arms, is this possible; NOTE, using my whole workout, I only posted my specific arm workouts.
    Also I feel like my tricep workout is lacking a bit, what are some other good workouts for them?
    where are the dips?

What are your workouts for other bodyparts?

What is your rep/set range for all exercises?

Why are you dedicating workouts for forearms? They get targeted enough in other exercises.