Thread: 1st Week of WBB1

Wannabebig Member

1st Week of WBB1

I finished my first week of WBB1, something I noticed was after my workouts my muscles were not sore and didn't have that 'full' feeling. I'm lifting a lot more weight than I normally do (because of low reps) and have good intensity.

My previous routine called for less weight, a few more excersises per muscle group, more reps and 3sets per workout and damn, most of the time my muscles would kill and have a great full feeling to them (probably not the best thing?).

I read that post about how the pain or "burn" is not really good for after a workout.

::Questions::

-I'm wondering should I be adding more reps / sets to the wbb1 routine?
    -Do others feel 'taxed' after these workouts in wbb1?
    -Am I still going to be getting decent gains without the full feeling / burn after my workouts? (I am eating and resting correctly)

I honestly can't add anymore weight, a few times I went to failure with just 5x5's

On a positive note, I really enjoyed the leg workout. Havn't done squats in awhile and I can see why people who dodge legs miss out on some good ol endorphins ..Had a hard time sitting down for a few days lol

Yeah, WBB1 worked GREAT for me.. most of the improvements in my sig (over 30lbs) was when I was using WBB1.

You dont necessarily have to feel sore or have large volume to have had a good workout. Being sore isn't a good thing or a bad thing. WBB1 definately works. You could add more sets if you want, but I really dont think there's any need.

Wannabebig Member
    Ok, thanks.

I'm excited about this routine, read a lot of great things about it.

Banned
    I noticed that when I started WBB1 as well. The next few of weeks I was adding 5-10 lbs on each of my big three lifts. I found that as the weight was going up over the weeks, I became more exhausted after each workout.

I think the toughest part about switching to WBB1 is finding the correct weight to use, especially after switching from a routine with more sets.

Wannabebig Member
    Looking forward to the next few weeks then! How long should one stay on WBB#1 ?

I had a hard time finding the right weight for most of the stuff as well, was doing 15-20 reps with light weight for a little to long lol

Wannabebig Member
    im just started a workout very close to WBB 1 (same structure, changed couple exercise to account for two bad knees). my upper body strength has already got up greatly from where i started at. also, my knees arent hurting as bad either. i think im gonna stick with it for 8 weeks then switch up a litlte bit.

What's the name for this WBB1 site?

I would just stay on it until you stall and can't improve your lifts/size any more.

I reached a plateau after around 30lbs weight gain. That's good enough for me

Thanks a lot!

Wannabebig Member
    Damn, yeah. 30lbs Gain is great Davidelmo. I'm at 152 atm so 30lbs would be perfect over the next few months. I have never been over 160, that is my goal atm lol

WWB 1 is working out great for me. I started two weeks ago and gained around 7 pounds on it so far. I was doing a arm-only routine for 1 month before I stumbled upon this website and Ive corrected my routine by switching to WBB 1. In 1 month and 1/2, I went from 128 lbs to 145 lbs. I don't normally get overworked while doing this routine but like some people have mentioned before, it takes a few weeks to get comfortable with the amount of weight your lifting. Its working wonders for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Technical Itch
    Damn, yeah. 30lbs Gain is great Davidelmo. I'm at 152 atm so 30lbs would be perfect over the next few months. I have never been over 160, that is my goal atm lol
    I ate my ass off all day long, and worked my ass off in the gym.

I always used to be so damned skinny and never thought I could gain weight. All it took was a little effort and CONSISTENCY. Get your diet right every single day without fail and you're guaranteed results.

By the way, you'll probably gain 8 more lbs in a month or so... keep it up!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Davidelmo; 04-05-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Maverick-
    WWB 1 is working out great for me. I started two weeks ago and gained around 7 pounds on it so far. I was doing a arm-only routine for 1 month before I stumbled upon this website and Ive corrected my routine by switching to WBB 1. In 1 month and 1/2, I went from 128 lbs to 145 lbs. I don't normally get overworked while doing this routine but like some people have mentioned before, it takes a few weeks to get comfortable with the amount of weight your lifting. Its working wonders for me.
    Fantastic work, and congratulations on ditching the arms-only routine.

I'm sure you're not alone.. I know *I* started doing that.. cranking out some curls every day so i could be huge. I'd be willing to bet a lot of other members did too.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks man, this site has been really helpful in correcting my diet as well as my routine. I've passed on the routine to a couple of my friends and they enjoy it very much as well.

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, thanks. This site has help'd me a ton. Still struggling with my diet though, 3200-3600 cals is tough to reach..

3500 calories is also tough for me to reach as i've never been one to eat alot. However I've purshased a jug of Cytogainer (I take it with milk) and it's helped me meet my daily goal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyuballa87
    i think im gonna stick with it for 8 weeks then switch up a litlte bit.
    I don't think there is any need to pick an amount of time to stick with one routine. Your body will tell you it is time to switch it up when you stop making strength gains. This might be 8 weeks, but it could be more or less. I would keep using the routine until you stop making gains, then switch. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've been using WBB1, more or less, since last July. I'm still making gains so other than monkeying around with grips and rep-ranges I haven't changed it.

Any routine I come up with would have bench, squats, deads, military press, and rows. Since WBB1 has all those what's to change?
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg