The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Dogg Crapp training--any thoughts

Has anyone here tried Dogg Crapp training?

Just wondering what it was like and what results you got.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I know some folks who did it. They made the same progress they did on any other program where they worked hard.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    I know some folks who did it. They made the same progress they did on any other program where they worked hard.
    Exactly!

The reason DC reccomends it only for advanced trainees is becuase you need to have the ability to work hard and isolate it on one exercise for one set per bodypart, if you fanny around you wont gain anything.

Which is why intensity can be traded with volume to a degree....

I couldn't do those HIT-type workouts... you really need a dedicated spotter everytime you work out if you want to do them correctly.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg

I found that to be pretty much the exact same. I seem to have gotten slightly stronger a tad bit faster than with other programs. I liked it but enjoy my own routine better.

I find that from most of the boards I have read and the experience I've seen, the people who really seem to blow up on it are people who previously were seriously overtraining or just not pushing themselves/tracking progress properly.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Do that voodoo that he do
    I like it, although I don't train that way. I train more for power/athleticism, myself. I think it's one of the best hypertrophy systems out there, but of course it's not a magic bullet. If you boil away all of the science and the little ins and outs of the program (at least what Dante has laid out publically) the big thing he's trying to get across is that people need to work hard. Most don't. The system sort of makes you work hard if you do it right. If one put that much effort into their workouts every time then a lot of systems will get you great results.

Also remember that you're not doing "DC Training" unless you're under the guidence of Dante or one of his trainers (he has two or three now, I think). There are a lot of little things that he keeps close to his vest.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

man i remember a year or two back i was looking into it and there was like a 10page thread on here about it...search youll prob find it...some good info in there
    the grass could be greener, and itll always be greener on the other side, but you just never know....this could be the one