The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar

Lance Frye 145kg snatch @77kg bodyweight

This is a perfect example of extreme strength here. This is 319 pounds that is snatched up beautifully. By far one of the most impressive lifters I have ever seen in my life. No doubts that this guy can easily Dead Lift over 650+ raw, without a sweat... Awesome lifter. The record for this bodyweight is 173kg snatch, which is 381 pounds... Amazing.

CLICK

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

amazing
    2000 or bust

Banned
    Wow he didn't even struggle.

Even just the fact that he overhead squatted that weight from rock bottom is
    Last edited by Guido; 07-10-2006 at 09:39 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Wannabebig New Member

Lame

So, you are insistent on taking credit for our content and deleted the link which gave our site reasonable credit for our hard work. Well, then, we will break the link in question and no one will benefit. If you want to advertise on our site, please contact WeightliftingVideoDirect@gmail.com.

The Weightlifting Exchange
    http://www.weightliftingexchange.com/

Wannabebig New Member
    Last edited by Weightlifter; 07-12-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter
    So, you are insistent on taking credit for our content and deleted the link which gave our site reasonable credit for our hard work. Well, then, we will break the link in question and no one will benefit. If you want to advertise on our site, please contact WeightliftingVideoDirect@gmail.com.

The Weightlifting Exchange
    http://www.weightliftingexchange.com/
    Edit ** Removed post because it was all a misunderstanding on my part...
    Last edited by ArchAngel777; 07-23-2006 at 05:59 PM.

oooooh somebody's in a mood^^^...(not you aa777)
    started june 06
    now weigh 180lbs 5'4
    age 26
    bench 240lbs
    dead 340lbs
    seated shoulder press 85lbs (each arm)

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    I think that "Weightlifter" guy is just trying to advertise his site. He's the lame guy.

Last edited by ArchAngel777; 07-23-2006 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel777
    Yeah, it could be.

However, I can understand him wanting me to change it. It never once crossed my mind that I would be accused of "hot linking", etc... I know that linking to other forums is frowned upon here, so I know I specificly linked right to it. My goal was to support weightlifting and also follow the guidelines on this awesome forum (I love this forum). I think he was jumping to conclusions on this and was very accusitory and mean spirited. Assuming that my goal was to somehow gain credit for it?

I figure out who it was anyway, his name is Chris Leroux, he is the Admin for the site. So, I can understanding him not wanting me to hotlink, I don't understand why he was so damn hostile to me. If anything, the IWF doesn't need to project an even worse image than it has. Sadly, many lifters are elite ass holes, just like expressed here.

Additionally, the link wasn't "hidden" and simply move the mouse OVER the link and it shows what it was. Anyone with even a little computer knowledge understands this.

All that asside, I would have appreciate it if he was simply kind and sent me a PM asking me not to link directly to the download. That I would have more than complied with, because I totally understand and didn't and don't want to rip off from his website to which I am also a member of that forum.

Anyway, I am not sure why he solicated his site though, because he shames me for being unethical (when that was not even my intent) and he intentionally returns by posting something he KNOWS is unethical.

Whatever, though.
    its boycotting time!!!
    started june 06
    now weigh 180lbs 5'4
    age 26
    bench 240lbs
    dead 340lbs
    seated shoulder press 85lbs (each arm)

Last edited by ArchAngel777; 07-23-2006 at 06:00 PM.

haha nice 1 Gabriel
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

Wannabebig New Member
    My remarks were not pointed at you but the site admins who deleted my more appropriate link. I posted the ad for our site because I was frustrated with the site admins deleting the properly posted link, giving me a "warning" for having our link in my signature when I had already offered to remove it if it was a problem, statating they had already told me it wasn't allowed when they had not, and posting a request for me to buy advertising on their site in my signature.

I never had any problem with your post. I merely posted a link that was more appropriate. We have disabled the ability to download our videos and they can now only be viewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter
    My remarks were not pointed at you but the site admins who deleted my more appropriate link. I posted the ad for our site because I was frustrated with the site admins deleting the properly posted link, giving me a "warning" for having our link in my signature when I had already offered to remove it if it was a problem, statating they had already told me it wasn't allowed when they had not, and posting a request for me to buy advertising on their site in my signature.

I never had any problem with your post. I merely posted a link that was more appropriate. We have disabled the ability to download our videos and they can now only be viewed.
    Sounds like this whole thing was a huge misunderstanding on all of our parts. It never crossed my mind that you were not directing that post at me. I thought certainly, it was directed at me, since I didn't see anyone else it could have been directed at.

It is amazing what confusion can bring to the table.

Anyway, hope the best for you and am sorry that I was a bit upset over being accused of taking content. Now I understand what went on... Makes total sense now.

Take care,

Gabriel
    Last edited by ArchAngel777; 07-23-2006 at 12:57 PM.