The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

amount of food on off days?

i ve just started to take weights seriously and i am trying to bulk but by putting on a minimal amount of fat and max muscle. if i go to the gym 3 times a week (every second day), should i eat the same amount of food on my off days as i do on my on days or do i eat less on the days i take off?
    any advice would be great.......Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I eat around 6000-7000 cals on an off day, on an "On" day I will consume 8000 - Mostly due to a pre and post workout nutrition. Some do, some don't.

Wannabebig Member
    Surprsingly, eating a lot *may* help you with gaining muscle and a minimal amount of fat. Protein is the only thing that can actually develop muscle (when you work out with it, of course). For this case, more is less, thats the way some people like to put it. But if you eat more, your metabolism will work faster.

Wannabebig Member
    k thanks for the advice

Wannabebig Member
    should i do any other form of exercise on my off days, i.e. fitness or will this affect my weight gains?

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XDS
    Surprsingly, eating a lot *may* help you with gaining muscle and a minimal amount of fat. Protein is the only thing that can actually develop muscle (when you work out with it, of course). For this case, more is less, thats the way some people like to put it. But if you eat more, your metabolism will work faster.
    You need to stop telling everyone that because it's flat out wrong.

i ve just started to take weights seriously and i am trying to bulk but by putting on a minimal amount of fat and max muscle.
    If you're planning on bulking you're going to gain fat...it's a given. You can't add loads of muscle mass and barely gain fat. It's simply not going to happen unless you have amazing genetics.

If you don't have a solid routine down I'd recommend this: http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

There are also some great threads here: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848

Read and learn!
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 04-15-2006 at 02:14 AM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Damn genetics
    Current Status: Now Attempting (any food visible) Bulk
    November 05: 198 lbs -- 23% bf
    February 06: 181lbs -- 14% bf
    Currently: 185 lbs -- 17% bf (took the summer off- but back at work)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverYello
    Damn genetics
    They can be a pain at times.

Banned
    whatever, genetics are so played out. its all about how hard you work and your diet.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    lol @ sCaRz...good post

whatever, genetics are so played out. its all about how hard you work and your diet.
    Yes...it IS all about hard work and diet. But your genetics isn't going to just pack a suitcase and leave. It's there to stay.

lol @ sCaRz...good post
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    If you're planning on bulking you're going to gain fat...it's a given. You can't add loads of muscle mass and barely gain fat. It's simply not going to happen unless you have amazing genetics.
    I would agree, but I would also agree than you can put on a decent amount of muscle (not as much as if you truely bulked) and lose fat at the same time. I've done a lot of researching on this guy who has had great success at doing this, I'm still skeptical of this as of now, but it looks like its working so far. And these diets are on people who aren't experiencing their newbie gains anymore.