Thread: Ronnie Coleman On the Road

Ronnie Coleman On the Road

Anyone here watched his latest video 'On the Road'? It was flimed 5 days after his 8th Olympia win.. in Australia.

*spoilers alert*

Compared to his previous 2 videos, Ronnie uses by far the lightest weight but in the best condition ever.. afterall he is only 5 days AFTER his competition, so it ain't surprise that he ain't gonna go lift heavy.. What I don't like however, is that Ronnie kept on saying he is on the road thus he needs to adjust his workouts in a different gym and he uses ALOT of machine equipments.. and apparently cuz he ain't going THAT heavy, most of the time we can't see how much is he lifting, as the cameras are more focus on his muscles getting a pump.

Overall it's still pretty decent.. Ronnie explain why he does certain exercises, and was very friendly and chattable throughout.. Watching him SLDL 135lbs for 2-3 sets is kinda wierrd though

*spoilers ended*

I really don't think he could ever make a video anywhere near as badass as Unbelievable.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    I really don't think he could ever make a video anywhere near as badass as Unbelievable.
    Sadly that is the one I have the worst copy of.

I have burned that one and given it out to all the harcore bb's I know. They were all equally shocked.

On the road was a snore in comparison.

The only really good part was when the interviewer attributed the distended belly to 'carb loading'.

Gh..... Ohhh GH!!!!

How we loathe thee, distended belly.

the unbelieveable was defintily the best!
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

"You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time." -Gordie Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Eszekial
    Gh..... Ohhh GH!!!!

How we loathe thee, distended belly.

Unbelievable was awesome. I downloaded "the cost of redemption from 2 different sources, and both has no sound. I was pissed. Anyone know a good place I can find it?
    I havent seen On the Road Either.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

i got all the vids from bearshare and all have soubd. Unbelieveable is a little poor quality but still a good vid.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

"You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time." -Gordie Howe

Nothing happens..he eats he lifts and he eats and he lifts.

All the "hardcore" stuff just screwed bodybuilding up and took away the fun and soul from it...pumping iron is fun, its nice to see that they could live normal lives and party and stuff. Dorian Yates came and the fun left the building.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    Nothing happens..he eats he lifts and he eats and he lifts.

All the "hardcore" stuff just screwed bodybuilding up and took away the fun and soul from it...pumping iron is fun, its nice to see that they could live normal lives and party and stuff. Dorian Yates came and the fun left the building.
    I can agree with you on that. Pumping Iron was funny too during so many parts. I love the confidence that Arnold had it's something else.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Yes.

I
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

ops, wrong post.

Anyways, I think those Animal guys could really make bodybuilding cool again...they got good spokesmen, good writes and they got some good products. I think they should make some really cool DVDs and really show the positivie aspects of bb.

How can you say "hardcore" wrecked bodybuilding, then say animal will likely be able to make it cool again? Their take on lifting is as "hardcore" as it comes.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Yes but they got...."drum solo" no not you Han Solo go back to the freezer.

damdamdamdam

CHARISMA

A big guy who cant talk very good isnt really going to expand the dvd marked for bodybuilding.

A bunch of guys talking heavy philosophy about training and really explaining into detail their "hardcoreness" would sell more.

Maybe show them go clubbing and getting hot chicks after training.

LOL. Or they could show the coked up E popping party animals in the after party.

I like the videos the way they are, but that's just me. I watch hollywood films to be entertained and BB films to be motivated. I dont wanna know anything about these people and their "real" life.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    LOL. Or they could show the coked up E popping party animals in the after party.

I like the videos the way they are, but that's just me. I watch hollywood films to be entertained and BB films to be motivated. I dont wanna know anything about these people and their "real" life.
    i'll agree with that!
    I too dont wanna know much about bodybuilders life. I jus wanna see them lift "heavy ass weight" and get motivated from it. simple as.
    Ive got the SAW movies to get my entertainment
    hehehe.

Murder Is Art
    Last edited by Goodwinm; 04-23-2006 at 01:23 PM.
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14