The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

[noob] 4000 calories?!

So this friend of mine recommended WBB... I plug everything into Fitday, and it says I burned almost 4000 calories:
    http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJourn...igh%2Dfidelity
    (I'm 19, 6'5", 214)

Thing is, there's no way I ate that many, and I doubt I do on a regular basis. Does this mean I need to start eating a lot more?

When I do, it seems like I gain weight really rapidly -- after I started having a whole wheat bagel with egg & ham every morning, I was putting on a pound every two days! Since I have more fat than I'd like, I'm not sure if I want that to continue. Or am I seriously undereating and need more food to lose the fat and gain muscle?

I've been working out for over a year with some results, but nothing spectacular.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    I plug everything into Fitday, and it says I burned almost 4000 calories
    Don't judge how much you burned by FitDay. Manipulate your calories according to your own progress.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Yes, at your size you need to eat more. To find out how much, track on fitday. When your weight doesnt change, that's your maintenance calories. I'd take a ballpark guess at 3500, but of course it will vary person to person.

Your diet is crap. You need to double your protein at least. Definately take a look at the sticky threads in this forum and have a look at other peoples fitdays.

^^^
    i second - protein intake is VERY low for a 214lb guy (I eat >200g protein and I weigh 154). Definately go to the 4kcal range. Read the stickies, read the "what a bodybuilder eats" thread in the nutrition forum - this helped me a lot on food choises (search).
    Training Journal
    3/27/06 - 150lb, 17.8% BF
    8/23/06 - 153lb, N/A BF

Lifts and PRs
    Dead 215x4 (4/24/06), 255x1 (5/22/06), 295x1 (8/23/06), 315x1 (11/24/06)
    Squat 185x4 (4/19/06), 235x3 (5/31/06), 275x1 (8/21/06), 315x1 (10/25/06)
    Bench 135x5 (4/24/06), 160x3 (5/22/06), 145x3 (8/23/06)

"Deadlift is like my girlfriend. She pisses me off at times, but i still love her." - DNL

BSG Season 3 - 10/6/06