The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Weigh in

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Weigh in

I am entering a bench comp. on Friday April 21st about 4 days from now. It's a little late for this question but I would like to compete at 165, however, my current weight has been fluctuating b/w 168.5 and 166.5lbs. What's the best way to loose some water weight before the comp. and not loose stength?? Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    spit alot. Try a sauna if you have access. Do a little bit of cardio and watch your food intake. dont eat the morning of the comp and then take a mad dump right before you weigh in. then afterward. eat ass tons of carbs and drink alot of water to rehydrate. you have plenty of time to loose three pounds.
    "Obsession is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated"

Stats: big
    squat: alot
    bench: a little less
    deads: more than you

spacetime manipulator VariantInterval's Avatar
    lmao^ that post is hilarious, but nonetheless true

4 days is long enough to lose 10 lbs

3 is nothing...
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

You'll be fine. Just don't eat anything the day of and piss out every last drop right before weigh-in.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

lower your watger intake over the days leading up and cut back on your food so much. i would suggest alot of cardio in lots of layers the night before or before the weigh in and maybe a sauna sweat it out
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

3 lbs is nothing. Just make sure to have plenty of water and gatorade (and food) on hand for after you weigh in.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Like most have been saying, 3lbs is nothing. Eat a light dinner the night before, check your weight the morning of and make adjustments accordingly. Make sure to eat and take in enough fluids following the weigh-in.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

good to see you post somewhere other than my journal. Good luck to you and matt this weekend.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

As a 3 year wrestler, I know how to cut weight.

Any food that you cut back on is only going to help you loose glucose. Honestly, have you ever weighed your food? A hamburger is like 6 ounces. A big glass of water can be a pound.

Here's what I would do: eat pretty much whatever you want. Don't go crazy, but try and get alot of carbs in the night before- don't take into consideration calories but how much the food weighs. Either way, just make sure you don't weigh over 168-9 when you go to bed. You'll probably float 2lbs or so that night (glucogen and the early morning pee). The day of, weigh yourself in the morning. Loosing 1 lb is nothing, but even if you're still 3 lbs over, you can wear a hoody and sweats, and with a light jog you could loose it anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. During the season i would consistantly loose 5 lbs during practice, without a sweat suit or even a hoodie. This is of course if your weigh in is a few hours into the morning - if its at like 6 Am, just make sure you're nowhere more than a pound over when you go to bed.

Don't spit a lot. That causes cotten mouth, and unless you're spitting a loogie every 5 minutes, you won't loose more than a few ounces. You can use a sauna but it is unnecessary unless you are lazy and don't want to jog with a hoodie and sweats on.

Excessive cardio is also unnecessary; again you are not trying to burn calories but loose water weight. Do it to get a sweat going but don't go run a fast mile or something. Skip rope. Use a stationary bike. Jog lightly. With a hoodie/sweats on you'll loose weight faster than you would beleive, even if it doesn't feel like you're sweating excessively.

2nd thing: CHECK THEIR SCALE. Dear lord this is important. 168 on your scale could be 171 on theirs. Also make sure you weigh in in your boxers - the cloths you wear can weigh up to 10 lbs, though usually a t-shirt and shorts will weigh 3. Shoes may weigh 2-4.

3rd thing; This is a little late advice, but I would tell you to know your body, meaning how much weight you float overnight and how long it takes you to loose x amount of weight wearing a hoodie/sweats. Make a mental note of both of these during this weekend for future competitions.

Make sure you hydrate and get plenty of electrolights after you weigh in.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks everybody for all the great advice. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.