Thread: New MMA League

New MMA League

Not sure if you guy's have seen the new MMA League but it looks like it would be pretty SWEET! They got teams and they compete to see which team is the best, all there coach's are legendary like Bas Rutten and more...

- http://www.ifl.tv/

ENERGY*
    PUMP*
    STRENGTH*
    SIZE*
    PERFORMANCE*
    MENTAL FOCUS*

Looks cool. Coaches are Bas Rutten, Renzo Gracie, Pat Milletich, Maurice Smith. Pretty impressive list.

EDIT: Typo
    Last edited by DokterVet; 04-18-2006 at 03:05 PM.

I think Gracie's team is going to win, all Gracie's are bada**!

ENERGY*
    PUMP*
    STRENGTH*
    SIZE*
    PERFORMANCE*
    MENTAL FOCUS*

Quote Originally Posted by EmericaBadBoy
    I think Gracie's team is going to win, all Gracie's are bada**!
    I'm a BJJ guy but I'll be the first to tell you that you need to cross train if you want to be successful in mma. Pat Militech holds a black belt in bjj, but also works a lot of judo and boxing in to his system. That was just an example. Most of the fighters I've seen come out of Gracie camps train purely in bjj, no stand up skills what so ever besides evasion. Then again I *heard* that Renzo trained in some muay thai, if he can apply it to his trainee's I think they'll do awesome, if not they'll go 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK
    Most of the fighters I've seen come out of Gracie camps train purely in bjj, no stand up skills what so ever besides evasion. Then again I *heard* that Renzo trained in some muay thai, if he can apply it to his trainee's I think they'll do awesome, if not they'll go 50/50.
    - Diaz has trained under the Gracie's since he was 16 and he is a boxer with real good stand up. When he fought Rawler he did stand up with him and rocked him real quick with a nice a** knock out.

ENERGY*
    PUMP*
    STRENGTH*
    SIZE*
    PERFORMANCE*
    MENTAL FOCUS*

Diaz doesn't have real good stand up, and he is also an exception to most people that train for the majority with the Gracie camp. I've yet to see anybody come out of a Gracie camp with really great standup, and until you do, I don't think you'll see anybody from the Gracie's camp make a huge stir. I'm not saying the Gracies don't have an awesome fighting system, but for the most part, they seem to turn a blind eye to the fact that you will NEED some type of good striking ability to be successful.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    I'm sure Renzo has other coaches. This league is cool though. A very unique take on MMA.

It's rumoured that Pride will be in vegas for an event. MMA is exploding in NA.

Wannabebig New Member
    1st off Diaz has good stand up ... he outpunched and knocked out Lawler , punched and did better standing up than Riggs . He just needs to pick up the pace . Diaz is a 5 round fighter , he needs time to run his submissions or catch you with a nice punch .

People do need to be well versed in all aspects . Imagine if Coleman and Randalman trained more on their striking right now . They are a couple of the best wrestlers and need a stand up game .

I cant wait .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

I agree that Diaz has decent standup, though I won't say good or real good. I watched him get outboxed by a guy that had like a 9-10in reach disadvantage on him. Diaz for some reason has this intense desire to try and stand with everybody, when he should be focusing on submitting them. He has a FANTASTIC ground game, but doesn't utilize it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Diaz doesn't have real good stand up, and he is also an exception to most people that train for the majority with the Gracie camp. I've yet to see anybody come out of a Gracie camp with really great standup, and until you do, I don't think you'll see anybody from the Gracie's camp make a huge stir.
    Oh... so i take it you dont know who David Terrell is?

ENERGY*
    PUMP*
    STRENGTH*
    SIZE*
    PERFORMANCE*
    MENTAL FOCUS*

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    I agree that Diaz has decent standup, though I won't say good or real good. I watched him get outboxed by a guy that had like a 9-10in reach disadvantage on him. Diaz for some reason has this intense desire to try and stand with everybody, when he should be focusing on submitting them. He has a FANTASTIC ground game, but doesn't utilize it enough.
    - Do you even know what your talking about? and who was the guy that out boxed him?

ENERGY*
    PUMP*
    STRENGTH*
    SIZE*
    PERFORMANCE*
    MENTAL FOCUS*

and who was the guy that out boxed him?
    Shawn Sherk outboxed him last weekend. I assume that's who Chubrock is talking about. The Muscle Shark was all over him, though his punches didn't seem to do too much real damage...

- Do you even know what your talking about? and who was the guy that out boxed him?
    Like solid said; it was Sean Sherk that outboxed him, while standing like 9inches shorter or something crazy. What else don't you understand about my post above? Diaz is a much better grappler than he is stand up fighter. There's no questioning that. He's letting his temper direct his fights, and until he learns to fight to his strengths, he'll always be out of the top 5 in his weight class, and never a serious contender.

Yeah, I watched the Diaz-Sherk matchup. Diaz looked simply terrible. His stance was awkward as **** and his standup was pathetic. They mentioned he lost 2 other big fights in decisions. If Sherk was anywhere near the height of Diaz I think it would have been a clear knock out.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    This new league has even less grappling than the UFC. Shorter rounds, more stand ups. I dunno maybe its just I love BJJ and grappling I'm annoyed that all these rules go against them...
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."