Thread: I'd forgotten how many calories 3k is...

I'd forgotten how many calories 3k is...

A packet of quaker instant oatmeal
    4 scoops of ON whey
    4 scoops of powdered skim milk
    5 oz of battered chicken fingers
    1 three inch diameter bakery chocolate chip cookie
    1 hamburger bun
    1 5 oz xtra lean hamburger patty
    2 tablespoons of miracle whip
    1/2 cup of dry roasted unsalted peanuts

99 grams of fat, 178 carbs, 212 protein

2400 cals.

Six hundred to go... tempting to just run to Wendy's for a hamburger.

Any suggestions to pad out a 'lift day' (like today)? 2400 is more than plenty on a non-lift day so that won't be a problem. According to the calculations that I used to get my cut moving (it worked) since I had to cut on 1600 non-lift, 2100 lift to see results I need 2100 non-lift and 2900 lift as a starting point.

Yeah, I could just average that out to 2500 a day but I want to make sure my muscles get plenty of food on lift days and my fat prone body doesn't get as much to play with on non-lift days. The less on non-lift, more on lift worked MUCH better than the previous 12 weeks of 1800 a day solid.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

eat more of what you are already eating....600 cals worth to be exact.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

i was going to say 3k isnt that much but then i saw you were 5" 4' and 150lbs so its a fair amount.

whenever i see something lacking in my diet i.e protein ill add a tin of tuna or something particularly high in the macro i need.

looks like you could do with more carbs in your diet, try some more oats or adding some rice to your main meals.

i no the feeling and situation mate sometimes im like that and dont even want anything but know i should. its at times like this i pull my blender out and have a nice shake with peanut butter in lots of protein and good fats
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Peanut butter is awesome, cheap, and had slipped my mind. I just need to pick up some fresh celery and I can eat a few tablespoons easy.

Adding a second packet of oatmeal on lift days will help too (and I love the stuff as a plus).

I just need to get out of my cutting mindset. I'm on bulk... anything edible and slower than me should be assessed for nutritional viability.

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Tell me about it man. I was bulking on 6000 easy before, now that I'm back on that intake I'm finding it tough as hell!
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I would have to have unlimited free access to an all you could eat chinese buffet to even stand a chance of hitting 6k. Guess there's a perk to being an 'easy gainer'... though I'm suspecting that my partitioning is going to be total ****. There is only one way to find out, though.