Thread: would this work....

Wannabebig Member

would this work....

i am about 30lbs overweight.. but i have been lifting for awhile..my ? is ..if i hit the weights hard and heavy would the extra lbs turn into muscle.. i see people always trying to gain weight and i already have the weight... so if i hit the weights hard would it effect my appearance..thanks

Yes it would work. The fat won't necessarily turn into muscle. But, by working out and eating enough food you will build muscle.

Muscle burns calories and fat doesn't. So the extra muscle is going to burn extra calories which is going to reduce your fat.

It will work much, much slower than adjusting your diet and throwing in some cardio though. Keep lifting but if you wanna lose that 30lbs you'll have to do more.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

......you cannot turn fat into muscle ! muscle is muscle, fat is fat

tuttut

You can't turn fat into muscle true, but like syntekz say, you can gain muscle which will burn the fat.. Same time, like ElPietro said, if you want to lose the 30 quicker, then cut back on calories and do cardio if you aren't already.

It all depends on your goals really. If you decide to do a true cutting period, then you'll lose/stop gaining strength (you don't just lose fat), but at the same time, if you want to continue gaining muscle, then you can do that and lose the weight if you watch what you eat (try to maintain or barely exceed BMR).. this of course will slow down your gains.

B.
    LaLa

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Hit the weights, but watch the diet. 30lbs is quite a bit. You may need to look at what and how you are eating.

Muscle and fat are two separate things. You can reduce both, increase both, reduce one or the other, increase one or the other, but unless you have some WAY cool magic wand, you ain't turning anything into anything!
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger