The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

One month into training.. Need some advice..

So It's been just about a month since I started training and posted my first 'noob' pictures.. Well, I really wouldn't post new pics only a month after I started, but I feel like I am gaining too much fat, not only that, my girlfriend told me I should keep doing what I am doing to gain weight but start running because I am getting too fat.. I actually have to agree with her, I can feel my body jiggling more and there is more fat around my waist and tummy. I'm not sure what I should do.. What are your opinions? Also, I got measured for a Tux a week ago, and I gotta fit into it next saturday.

When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

LOL... dude you're not getting fat yet. Don't worry about. I don't know what the hell your girlfriend is talking about because I don't see it. Bulk away and stop worrying about things like that for now.

You won't have any problem fitting into your tux. In my opinion, you've gotten slightly bigger, but nowhere near enough that you would have to worry about your current clothes not fitting anymore. It's only been a month after all! No one gets big enough in that time (let alone one week) that they should be concerned about something like a tux not fitting any longer.

looks like you've put on a little more muscle mass and a good bit more fat. 10 lbs is a lot to gain in one month, bro. you need to back off on the calories. you want to be gaining 1-1.5 lbs week max. anything over that and you'll be putting on too much fat. so keep bulking, but do it a little slower.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

L.A.X
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    LOL... dude you're not getting fat yet. Don't worry about. I don't know what the hell your girlfriend is talking about because I don't see it.
    I agree... you're nothing like I was... 255 pounds. Now thats fat.
    I have no desire to be average any longer.
    J: Apr. 14, 09 Last update
    Currently: Training core and Staying in Shape... until further notice

RBB gives good advice. Don't worry about rushing gains, this is a long battle. Stick with it man.

On another note, your farmer tan has really come along!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Take your shirt off when you go outside

I see gains dude, but there is significant fat gain too. That'll happen though. What's yall rotuine?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by RBB
    looks like you've put on a little more muscle mass and a good bit more fat. 10 lbs is a lot to gain in one month, bro. you need to back off on the calories. you want to be gaining 1-1.5 lbs week max. anything over that and you'll be putting on too much fat. so keep bulking, but do it a little slower.
    Thank's for all the replies guys.. How much are you suggesting I bulk on? Currently I've been hitting anywhere between 4000 and up to 6000 a day.. At 180, how much should I be eating a day?
    you will not be burned;

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    RBB gives good advice. Don't worry about rushing gains, this is a long battle. Stick with it man.

On another note, your farmer tan has really come along!
    Haha, I had to help out my girlfriend with a car wash for her class.. And well, farmers tan for me, went to the beach later but didn't tan.. Picking up some carrot oil today to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Take your shirt off when you go outside
    I see gains dude, but there is significant fat gain too. That'll happen though. What's yall rotuine?
    My routine at the moment is the same split as WBB1 with some different sets/reps and exercises... It's all posted here:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1361111
    you will not be burned;

I can't even believe you are 180 you look so small and skinny. Anyways your gf is crazy just slow down on the cals try to bulk on like 4500 and see what kind of gains you get. I would shoot for 5 pounds a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Haaji Dont Surf
    Thank's for all the replies guys.. How much are you suggesting I bulk on? Currently I've been hitting anywhere between 4000 and up to 6000 a day.. At 180, how much should I be eating a day?
    that's a really individual specific question. i can't give you an exact number, but start at 4,000. track your progress for a week or two and then adjust your cals up or down by 200-300 in whatever direction you need to go.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Good advice. I agree.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

4k calories a day? Are you nuts? He doesn't need that many. If he's trying to gain muscle, or keep the muscle he has and lose fat he needs to be having no more than 3k calories day. Why? 4k calories a day has been making him gain more fat than muscle, as the pictures show. He should be slowing down how much he eats significantly until he reaches the bodyfat percentage he likes. Once he reaches that stage he should then bulk. If he continues to bulk he's only going to store fat by the obliques and his abdominals, as the pictures show.

Also, you need to work on your abs. At the weight you were at before with proper diet and exercise you could definately have visible abdominals and you would look lean and somewhat athletic.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 04-29-2006 at 05:24 PM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

yes, i'm extrememly nuts. he said he wants to bulk and is currently taking in 4-6k. 6k would be a problem. you have no idea what kind of metabolism this kid has. a lot of 180lb'ers need around 4k to grow. that's a good place for him to start, and after a week or two he can adjust accordingly.
    Last edited by RBB; 04-29-2006 at 10:24 PM.

yes, i'm extrememly nuts. he said he wants to bulk and is currently taking in 4-6k. 6k would be a problem. you have no idea what kind of metabolism this kid has. a lot of 180lb'ers need around 4k to grow. that's a good place for him to start, and after a week or two he can adjust accordingly.
    Noticing he's a former fatty you don't want to have the caloric intake too high because he has an endomorphic body structure so he's more prone to storing excess calories as fat.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 04-30-2006 at 10:20 AM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190