The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6 Weeks and 10 lbs NEW PIC UPDATE 04/27/06

So i've been lifting heavy and eating tons and I think I'm finally seeing results.

I went from 155 to 165 in 6 or so weeks.

Just wondering what you guys have to say or even if you do see change: I believe last time we all concluded I was lieing to myself

Bigger Pics

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ture2176kv.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ture3547ja.jpg
    Last edited by KarateBoy; 04-27-2006 at 07:03 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wanna wrestle?
    Youre noticeably wider in your back... What about your chest and legs?

Looks like awesome progress man... Good work! Keep it up!
    Jd

Trap Shrugs- 270 x 4
    Deadlift- 225 x 2
    Bench- 185 x 2

"Tap, Nap or Snap...it's your choice."

****en low body fat bull**** lol

I'll see you in 3 weeks, I should easly be at 15%. If not im gonna start killing people randomly on the streets. Either that or just kill you damn low bf bastard.
    5'6
    29.5 waist

Bench:240-250, somewhere in that area.
    Squat:315
    Deadlift:385-405

Goal: Lift more, Be Bigger and look Better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmything08
    Youre noticeably wider in your back... What about your chest and legs?

Looks like awesome progress man... Good work! Keep it up!
    Here's the interesting part.

In the last 6 weeks my deadlift went from 180 to 290 so my back is going GREAT

Squat have treated me nicely too as my max went from 180 to 270

But I hate my chest. I switched over to dumbbells and made some decent progress: went from 50 x 10 to 65 x 8 in 4-5 weeks. Now that I'm switching back to barbell I'm noticing neglible strength gains. I would say 10 lbs max?
    It's frustrating.

Oh and thank you on the complimentary and encouraging words.

Wanna wrestle?
    Thats really awesome about your squats and deadlifts man. You taking any supplements?
    Jd

Trap Shrugs- 270 x 4
    Deadlift- 225 x 2
    Bench- 185 x 2

Thats really awesome about your squats and deadlifts man. You taking any supplements?
    Just whey protein by body tech.

I just don't feel comfortable taking anything more then that and if my mom found out I am taking that kinda stuff she's beat me back down to 140 lbs.

I guess 5500-6000 calories a day is working nicely but I'm starting to feel fat.

110lb increase on your deadlift and 90lb increase on squats??? Unusual amount of increase in weight within 6 weeks. Was your form inproper before or something? Either way, great increase man! Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by KarateBoy
    Just whey protein by body tech.

I just don't feel comfortable taking anything more then that and if my mom found out I am taking that kinda stuff she's beat me back down to 140 lbs.

I guess 5500-6000 calories a day is working nicely but I'm starting to feel fat.
    DO NOT be scared of fat, we ectomorphs can burn that very quickly when cutting. It will help you in the end so keep that bulk up!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    110lb increase on your deadlift and 90lb increase on squats??? Unusual amount of increase in weight within 6 weeks. Was your form inproper before or something? Either way, great increase man! Keep up the great work!

5 weeks ago was the first time I did deadlift in my life (so noobie gains) and I'm thinking I have a naturally strong back.

As for squat, before 5 or 6 weeks ago I wasn't doing anything close to full ROM so I also saw results quick. I used to do kickboxing so legs were always there. Improving form helped about 20 lbs too.

Chest is still a pain. Just can't get it up.

Thank you for the kind words
    Last edited by KarateBoy; 04-19-2006 at 06:34 PM.

DO NOT be scared of fat, we ectomorphs can burn that very quickly when cutting. It will help you in the end so keep that bulk up!
    I'll try my best.

I'll try my best.
    That's BS. He has a phobia of fat. He's afraid of becoming as fat as me lol
    5'6
    29.5 waist

Bench:240-250, somewhere in that area.
    Squat:315
    Deadlift:385-405

Goal: Lift more, Be Bigger and look Better.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHoW
    That's BS. He has a phobia of fat. He's afraid of becoming as fat as me lol
    lol this isnt the first time youve commented about yourself being fat, seems like everytime I see you post you throw in something about how fat you are lol. If you really feel that bad man, take a look out there, theres MUCH bigger!

I'll try my best.
    Im now one week off from my cut! I literally cant wait! I always had a good set of abs and this bulk is killing me for that reason because this is the first time ive actually bulked and waved bye bye to those precious abs. If you have a different reason why you dont like the fat your adding on...please, share.

Im now one week off from my cut! I literally cant wait! I always had a good set of abs and this bulk is killing me for that reason because this is the first time ive actually bulked and waved bye bye to those precious abs. If you have a different reason why you dont like the fat your adding on...please, share.
    Thats basically the same thing

I've always been a very lean kid and my abs were always there. I hate not seeing them anymore. Last year I competed at the kickboxing nationals and weighed in @ 137lbs at 5'10''

Basically, i'm used to being a skinny kid, My goals are to put on some muscle around my entire frame, get stronger, but keep my lean physique.

I guess you can say, I don't "wanna be big" but this is a great forum to get very helpful information. I'm shooting for a similar physique as one of the member on this board named "antek" probably with a bf%age of 10ish.

I CANNOT wait to cut. 5500-6000 a day for 6 weeks makes it easy to hate food.
    Last edited by KarateBoy; 04-19-2006 at 07:10 PM.

Thats basically the same thing

I've always been a very lean kid and my abs were always there. I hate not seeing them anymore. Last year I competed at the kickboxing nationals and weighed in @ 137lbs at 5'10''

Basically, i'm used to being a skinny kid, My goals are to put on some muscle around my entire frame, get stronger, but keep my lean physique.

I guess you can say, I don't "wanna be big" but this is a great forum to get very helpful information. I'm shooting for a similar physique as one of the member on this board named "antek" probably with a bf%age of 10ish.

I CANNOT wait to cut. 5500-6000 a day for 6 weeks makes it easy to hate food.
    LOL man! You said it all right there. I know the antek guy his physique is just simply awesome! Its also what im heading for, maybe slightly thicker but keeping the same bf%. My body already has a thick built to it rather than wide so im sure I will get there some day with the strive that I have.
    And yes, im actually starting to hate food because of how much I push myself to eat. Its really frustrating too because I know alot of ppl that love to train simply for the fact they get to eat so ****in much! At the beginning of my meal, I feel.. I guess intimidated? If that makes sense. I absolutely hate it and would do anything to change it. And yes I do eat with variety, its just the way my mind is set now. If anyone has any suggestions to how I could change this at all? Im guessing not, but its worth asking. Thanks!

LOL man! You said it all right there. I know the antek guy his physique is just simply awesome! Its also what im heading for, maybe slightly thicker but keeping the same bf%. My body already has a thick built to it rather than wide so im sure I will get there some day with the strive that I have.
    And yes, im actually starting to hate food because of how much I push myself to eat. Its really frustrating too because I know alot of ppl that love to train simply for the fact they get to eat so ****in much! At the beginning of my meal, I feel.. I guess intimidated? If that makes sense. I absolutely hate it and would do anything to change it. And yes I do eat with variety, its just the way my mind is set now. If anyone has any suggestions to how I could change this at all? Im guessing not, but its worth asking. Thanks!
    What are your stats? As in height and current weight + goal for weight (in regards to the cut)?

By the end of May, I want to try to get somewhere close to 175 and consider cutting for summer. Time to let the abs shine and I hear its eaiser to look big when you're cut

I was wondering if anyone thinks anything is lagging based on those pics.

I'm thinking my biceps are tiny.
    Last edited by KarateBoy; 04-19-2006 at 07:27 PM.

What are your stats? As in height and current weight + goal for weight (in regards to the cut)?

By the end of May, I want to try to get somewhere close to 175 and consider cutting for summer. Time to let the abs shine and I hear its eaiser to look big when you're cut

I was wondering if anyone thinks anything is lagging based on those pics.

I'm thinking my biceps are tiny.
    I stand 5'9" at 160lbs. And for cut im still reading and learning exactly how to cut and how much I would like to cut but as of right now im thinking 145-150lbs. Does anyone think this is too extreme in terms of a possibility of losing muscle mass? And yes, you definately will look "bigger" when your are cut although the scale may tell you differently.
    You seem to have close to the same body type as my training partner (alot of width but lacking thickness). Although its genetic, you can still obviously train to become thicker. Another point, your not pleased with your biceps? 99% of ppl are the same way! It seems no matter how hard you train those arms your never pleased. Dont worry about that though. Train HEAVY and give it that extra intensity to compound exercises and those arms will build. IMO direct arm workout isnt really needed, unless you wanna throw in some heavy cheat curls for mass or concentration curls to build that peak on chest days if your really that dissapointed with your bi's.

Wanna wrestle?
    Im 170 lb.'s and 5'9... I was told a cut would not be good at this point in time.. I should bulk more and then cut back to around 170.
    Jd

Trap Shrugs- 270 x 4
    Deadlift- 225 x 2
    Bench- 185 x 2

I stand 5'9" at 160lbs. And for cut im still reading and learning exactly how to cut and how much I would like to cut but as of right now im thinking 145-150lbs. Does anyone think this is too extreme in terms of a possibility of losing muscle mass? And yes, you definately will look "bigger" when your are cut although the scale may tell you differently.
    You seem to have close to the same body type as my training partner (alot of width but lacking thickness). Although its genetic, you can still obviously train to become thicker. Another point, your not pleased with your biceps? 99% of ppl are the same way! It seems no matter how hard you train those arms your never pleased. Dont worry about that though. Train HEAVY and give it that extra intensity to compound exercises and those arms will build. IMO direct arm workout isnt really needed, unless you wanna throw in some heavy cheat curls for mass or concentration curls to build that peak on chest days if your really that dissapointed with your bi's.
    Camera adds on 10 lbs and 3'' of width-ness

Im 170 lb.'s and 5'9... I was told a cut would not be good at this point in time.. I should bulk more and then cut back to around 170.
    Do you know your body fat?

4 month goal?

Camera adds on 10 lbs and 3'' of width-ness
    The camera is my worst enemy! The mirror on the other hand, is my best friend. Weird how that works.

The camera is my worst enemy! The mirror on the other hand, is my best friend. Weird how that works.
    Mirror= see yourself from the best angle

Camera= see yourself from the worst angle

Agreed!

I believe the correct question would have been, how's your diet?
    "it's you against you, it's the paradox that drives us all"

6'1", 206, 11.5%
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 275
    DeadLift: 335
    -------------
    Total: 895 and moving up.

Check my progress and read more in My Journal.

man keep bulking, cutting to 145 at 5'9" is thin!!....believe me I have been there. Also you can't build bicep peak.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers