Peak Outs
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Kick Ups (Kick-backs bug my shoulder)
    Day 3: Legs
    5 sets of
    Front Squats
    Deadlifts
    Calf Raises

For most of the compounds, I try and get above 3 or 4 reps and I don't go above 7 reps. The assistance exercises pretty much go anywhere from 6 to 10 reps.

I'm probably going to get a bit of heat from doing direct arm work, but I've done time without any arm work and I don't get as much arm growth as I do with direct arm work. Been doing this split for 3 weeks and I've seen DEFINITE improvement in my bicep and triceps. Especially in the triceps.

I'm just looking for some critique of my routine right now and maybe some suggestions for some other exercises I could throw in. For example, I was going to trade out Inclines for Flat Bench, add in flyes, and keep the dips. Then I'd drop the # of sets to 4.

As for my diet, I don't keep a fitday. Since I don't have access to a scale, it's hard for me to calculate how much of X food I'm eating. I just try and make sure I get adequate protein at every meal, whether it's from meat or whey protein, and the rest is mostly fruits and vegetables. Fruits are my drug of choice.

Also, what types of exercises would hit the head of the tricep that's closest to the lats?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

what do you do for your hamstrings?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

emphasize on lower body just as much as upper
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

on day 2, use pushdowns instead of kickups, and on leg day use stiff leg dead lifts.
    2000 or bust

Hey, your arm work is separate from your back and chest work, which I always like to see, and you're getting in all the big lifts.

I might suggest alternating between starting with deads and starting with squats on leg day. You can also do these in alternating sets - not circuits, I mean with rests, but set of squats, rest, set of deads, rest... like that.

Same with chest/back day. One week, start with chest, the other week, start with back.

For shoulder/bis/tris day, I'd always start with shoulders, but alternate between sets of bis and sets of tris so they get a little more rest from one exercise to the next (lets you hit them with more weight). I'm not a fan of kickbacks anyway *cough* - not sure what Peak Outs are ... maybe try Arnies in there somewhere for shoulders? (I know, I always say that, but it's a great exercise).

Can you do legs on day 2 instead of day 3? That way you'll get some rest for your arms and pecs and delts in time for arm/shoulder day. Oh, and switch to RDLs for hamstrings.

Doing any ab work?

Getfit,

I would do more for lower body, but to be honest, I'm completely SMOKED after 5 heavy sets of DLs and FS. Calf raises almost don't happen, but I fit them in there.

I feel DLs in my hamstrings as well as my lower back, so I put them in on leg day. I'll trade them out for RDLs and later SLDLs, mainly because I have a lack of hamstring flexibility. I've been doing this for three weeks and figured it was time to change them up. Going to do two more "cycles" before I change up to Built's Baby Got Back routine.

Built,

I superset biceps and triceps. I workout with my dad, so my rest is when he's doing his set. Peak outs are hard to describe. It's basically where I lean forward a bit while bracing myself on my knee with one arm while the other curls the weight up to my face. You might call it something else. I cal lthem peakouts because that's what my dad calls them. *shrug*

I actually planned on switching days 2 and 3, because last week my biceps were sore from doing pull-ups two days before. I basically just skipped biceps that week.

Ab work is on off days when I feel like it. Usually it's Knees to Elbows (hang from a pull-up bar and touch my knees to my elbows) or Toes to Bar (hang from a pull-up bar and touch my toes to the bar). I'll do a ladder of those or something. I don't do much weighted ab work, because these exercises are awesome anyway.

I've seen you mention them on this board before, Built, but what are Arnies?

Oh, and the difference between SLDLs is trivial if they're done properly. I do 'em very similar to this:

Except my knees bend a little bit more, and I don't go down as low - lower until you lose the arch in your back. Lean back with your ass, you'll feel it in your hammies/glutes.

My only problem is that I can't grab the barbell without bowing my back or bending my knees even when it has 45s on it. This is one spot where my height kind of sucks. That's why I was going to throw in the RDLs for a while. You only go below the knee on those, correct? (R = Romanian, right?) It'll give me a couple weeks to get the hamstring flexibility up and then throw in the SLDLs.

Arnies look pretty nice. I tried a couple of reps with my wimpy 20 pound DBs, and they'll be pretty good when I get some heavier ones here soon. I might trade them in for Lateral Raises.
    SAM and FRODO tie up GOLLUM.
    GOLLUM: No! Smeagol not into ropes, nassty kinky hobbitses.
    FRODO: We just want you to take us to Mordor, you sicko.
    GOLLUM: Mordor? Hobbitses having little Goth phase, maybe? Very angsssty, wanting to go to Mordor, yes yes. Can Smeagol offer black eyeliner to angsssty hobbitses?
    SAM: You stop talking to Mr.--hmm. (to FRODO) You know, you wouldn't look half bad in eyeliner.

Banned
    I don't have much hamstring flexibility either, but it can be worked around. When I do SLDLs I get the bar off the floor like a regular deadlift then continue with the motion as shown above. I've been trying to get the weight to go as far down as possible every week and my flexibilty has increased substantially. Also try doing them in front of a mirror so you know how far down you are going.

Stick with the RDLs - I never go all the way down. It's not necessary. Stick your ass WAY back and out, lean back, chest OUT, look UP, weight travels up and down along your body, directly over your feet.

Alrighty. So this is what it's looking like now.

Day 1: Chest/Back
    4 sets of
    Incline Bench Press
    Dips
    Flyes
    Pull-ups
    T-bar Rows
    BB Rows

Day 2: Legs
    5 sets of
    Front Squats
    Romanian Deadlifts
    Calf Raises

Day 3: Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps
    5 sets of
    Military Press
    Arnold Press
    Straight BB Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Close-grip Bench Press
    Push-downs

I'm going to stick to two exercises for each on Day 3, simply because it keeps the workout shorter. I might increase the number of sets on Day 2 because of the lack of exercises, depending on how I'm feeling.

What about Skull-Crushers? Would they be a good change for CGBP?

Abs will remain to be thrown in whenever.
    GOLLUM: Mordor? Hobbitses having little Goth phase, maybe? Very angsssty, wanting to go to Mordor, yes yes. Can Smeagol offer black eyeliner to angsssty hobbitses?
    SAM: You stop talking to Mr.--hmm. (to FRODO) You know, you wouldn't look half bad in eyeliner.

Banned
    Personally, I would replace tricep push-downs with skull crushers. I find I use my shoulders too much with push downs. Strangely, I cheat less with skull crushers. But thats just me!

I might trade out push-downs for skull crushers next time around, then, or skull crushers for CGBP.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute
    Alrighty. So this is what it's looking like now.

Day 1: Chest/Back
    4 sets of
    Incline Bench Press
    Dips
    Flyes
    Pull-ups
    T-bar Rows
    BB Rows

Day 2: Legs
    5 sets of
    Front Squats
    Romanian Deadlifts
    Calf Raises

Day 3: Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps
    5 sets of
    Military Press
    Arnold Press
    Straight BB Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Close-grip Bench Press
    Push-downs

I'm going to stick to two exercises for each on Day 3, simply because it keeps the workout shorter. I might increase the number of sets on Day 2 because of the lack of exercises, depending on how I'm feeling.

What about Skull-Crushers? Would they be a good change for CGBP?

Abs will remain to be thrown in whenever.
    My alterations and thoughts below:

Day 2: Legs and arms.

Day 3: DL's and shoulders.

Day 1: Ditch the flyes and T-bar rows.

Here is my 5x5 routine that might fit well with your 3 day work out:

Day 1:
    Squats 5x5
    Flat bench 5x5 super set with standing calves 2x8
    JS rows 5x5
    Acessory 2x8

Day 2:
    Squats 5x5 (80% of day 1)
    DL's 5x5
    Military press 5x5
    Chins 5x5
    Abs 3x12

Day 3:
    Squats 5x5
    Flat bench 5x5 super set with standing calves 2x8
    JS rows 5x5
    Acessory 2x8

This is all w/ proper warmup. Acessory lifts are a melange of tri pull downs, BB curls, hammer curls, SLDL's, skull crushers, lateral raises, dips, etc...
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.