Hey guys I've been reading these forums for a while but I feel it's time I start posting. I'm a 20 year old guy, 6'1.5", 190lbs with 30% BF as of April 20/06 (BF was measured using DEXA body comp testing). Now I'm not the biggest fan of having 30% BF so my goal is to get down to about 15%. That means I have to lose 28lbs out of the 57lbs that make up that 30%. In orer to accomplish this I'll be doing 20 minutes every morning on my elliptical (on an empty stomach) and then hitting the gym at least 3 times a week. My cardio burns around 400 calories according to the machine and I have heard the average weightlifting session burns around 400 calories as well. So on pure cardio days I'll have burned 400 cals and 800 on cardio + weight days. Thats a lot of calories burned in one week .

The only thing left for me to figure out is my maintenance calories. I know that my caloric intake for the day has to be below maintenance on a cut but I'm not sure how to figure out what my maintenance is, whether it changes over time as I lose fat, and whether or not I subtract my cardio/weightlifting calories burned from it.

Would appreciate your help greatly. Oh and anyone think its possible to lose 28lbs in 12 weeks or less?