Thread: shoulder pain

Wannabebig Member

shoulder pain

Hello, I need a little help with my shoulder. About a week ago I did a chest workout, kinda heavy for me, but about for hours after I got a pain in my shoulder. It felt like someone dropped something on it. It seems to be going away but I can still kinda feel an ache. I dont know what it could be cause I still have full range of movement and no serious pain. Can someone tell me if this is a normal injury and what i should do. Also how long do I have to stay away froom the weights, cause im dying to lift!.

Also, could this be a result of overtraining. I am new to lifting and started seeing good results. I was goint to the gym everyday. Chest, back, shoulder, and i would continue this over and over. Not resting much. Not stretching properly either?
    Last edited by JERNIGAN78; 04-23-2006 at 05:02 PM.

today i felt a shoulder pain like urs.... i jus stretched more and it helped to relieve the lil pain.... it was nothing big...

i would suggest stretching and allowing ur muscles a couple days to recover before u workout again.... it's better to be safe than sorry rite
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 175lbs
    Body Fat around 12%
    Biceps: 14.5"
    Chest: 38"

Bench Press: 225 x 10 reps and 275 pounds x 1 rep
    Deadlift: 405 pounds x 1 rep
    Squat: 335 pounds x 3 reps