Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOG MEAT nutritional facts

DOG MEAT nutritional facts

Before you all go run’n to check to see if your hunt’n dog is still in the back yard… let me point out that I live in a little town in China and dog ain’t the strangest thing I have eat’n by a long shot!
    Anyway, anyone know what nutritional facts for dog meat? I eat it about 3 time a week seeing as I am sure it is a good source of protein… but I am not sure about how it stands up to say… chicken or pork.
    I also eat a lot of duck… same thing… do you all know any nutritional facts for duck? I’d be thankful for any help you can give!
    "I lift, I sleep, I work, I eat (a lot), I run and then... I do it all over agian!"
    "Lifting is like a box of chocolates... onces you start you can't stop!"

Keep my body weight below 200lbs (for now)
    Aug 10 ('06)Bench: 115kg ______ goal by Dec 31: get back up to 115kg
    Get both my Dead and Squat above 120kg before 2008

journal

Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Good thing your not over here eating dog meat... you wouldn't be around long. We love our dogs, I don't even see how you can do that man. Anyways, don't they supply you with the nutritional facts wherever you get it from?
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 04-25-2006 at 02:42 AM.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

wheels make the arm strong
    you should not flame otto dog cat and hamster are perfectly normal to eat in other countries .

sorry otto i looked for nutritional facts on dog meat but i couldnt find anything for you

for a break down on the duck register for a free account on www.fitday.com
    since i didnt know how it was prepared i didnt post the macro's

P.S what does dog taste like im rather curious ?
    fell off the body building wagon trying to get back on

They break every bone in the dogs body before killing it because they say it makes the meat taste better. They are very cruel to the dogs. China is a very cruel country.

http://network.bestfriends.org/anima.../news/679.html

http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...nt/4651950.stm

http://justnicephotos.homestead.com/...lFurTrade.html

you should really read the articles you post links to.
    some people in China may be cruel to dogs, but not everyone is.

--- snip ---
    "I want to smash every dog restaurant in the city," she told me, giggling. "But really I don't think it's necessary.

"The dog restaurants are disappearing fast," she said.

"Young Chinese have very different attitudes towards animals, they really love dogs."
    --- snip ---

If you are an animal lover, sorry... I don't hang out in the dog market and try to set the wee furry fellas free or anything. Some are treated curly but from what I have seen it's no worse than what we do to live stock in the US. As far as torturing them to death... I have never seen this so I can't comment but from what my Chinese friends tell me it's a quick slit across the neck. We can get into animal ethics later but as far as I am concerned, it's meat, get over it!
    I will quote a WWB member "if it doesn't grow or eat something that grows, don't eat it"... well, dogs are just another animal and another source of nutrition! So chow down!!!

"you should not flame otto dog cat and hamster are perfectly normal to eat in other countries...P.S what does dog taste like im rather curious?"
    To answer earlier questions (wheels)... dog usually taste like roast beef depending on how it's cooked. Most of the time I have it in a soup with rice noodle. It's usually pretty lean and it taste fine.

Chinese don't eat cats because cats can carry diseases that jump to humans easier (or this is what I have been told). Dogs must be healthier I guess. I also teach young kids and most of them have taken a western view of the situation and decide to stay clear of the Dog meat as a quote form one of those links said. I just go with the cultural flow and eat it if I like it!!!

P.S. When you have to travel 3 hours buy bus to find canned tuna… you find unique and interesting sources of protein to make do with until your next trip to the “big city”.
    "I lift, I sleep, I work, I eat (a lot), I run and then... I do it all over agian!"
    "Lifting is like a box of chocolates... onces you start you can't stop!"

Keep my body weight below 200lbs (for now)
    Aug 10 ('06)Bench: 115kg ______ goal by Dec 31: get back up to 115kg
    Get both my Dead and Squat above 120kg before 2008

journal

Wannabebig Member
    Duck has quite a high fat content, which by no means a bad thing on a bulk, is something you might wish to watch while cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey4402
    Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol thats what i was wonderin, damn dude that aint cool
    20 yrs old
    6'2" 210 lbs
    9% BF
    bench 330 x 2
    squat 415 x 8

once a marine always a marine

I couldn't find very much in my short search on this, my bet is that you will probably have a better chance of finding the information you need on a Chinese site. I can't be bothered to translate

China is a very cruel country.
    Try ordering a burger in India. It's funny how if it's not furry and cute no one cares. The Seal hunt here brought out all the nuts not too long ago actually.

I would eat dog - no joke
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

You guys are hilarious. If you are hungry you will eat what is available. If you do not want him eating dog then send him an alternative source of protein.

We are very sheltered in the U.S. and have been taught to love animals, but when you are in a country where you face starvation or even severe hunger everyday you would reconsider your list of things you would not eat.

Do not judge others by the very naive view of the world which you were brought up with.

EDIT:
    A quick search lead me here (http://wolf.ok.ac.kr/~annyg/english/e4.htm). 19g P, 20g F, 0g C.
    Last edited by DoUgL@S; 04-25-2006 at 11:52 AM.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

even if i was starving, i'd starve right next to my dog.

I'd rather die then kill my dog to eat it.

Don't you have any younger siblings you can eat instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Eszekial
    even if i was starving, i'd starve right next to my dog.

I'd rather die then kill my dog to eat it.
    People do some crazy things when they are starving. Cannabalism comes to mind.

This thread is making me hungry.

For Kibbles 'n' Bits.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I LOVE my dog, but I do wonder what dog tastes like after reading this thread. Doesn't mean I'm taking him out in the back yard tonight...... well,.... if he keeps barking I might! SHUT UP OZ! I heard you taste like roast beef. Yum. Roast cow!

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund
    Don't you have any younger siblings you can eat instead?
    OMG!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeper
    I LOVE my dog, but I do wonder what dog tastes like after reading this thread.
    I was trying to find the nutritional stats and found out that it tastes very different by breed. Some taste like lamb, pork, kind of gamey (is that word?).

Also, its only strange because the western world regards dogs as companions. If you had a pet pig/cow/duck/etc it would seem strange to eat that animal as well.

its hard to imagine eating dog. When my little cute Jack Russel (Patch) is lying asleep peacefully in his basket.
    Awwww.
    But hey if thats what you do in china then whatever. But im curious.
    I dont suppose you havea pet dog do u? or ever have?
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

Wannabebig Member
    The websites that were posted are very graphic and disturbing. As much as i would like to kill those Chinamen i really would be acting as a hypocrite considering i eat about 20 chickens a day. The way they do it is downright awful, but i know we have people here in the U.S. who do the same thing.

I really would like to kill those Chinese guys who do that. I can't blame them though. They are so unphased by it that it is only a job to them. When you are exposed to slaughter everyday of you life you build a tolerance to it. They probably get a lot of amusement out of kicking and beating these dogs literally to death.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorCrimson
    I really would like to kill those Chinese guys who do that. I can't blame them though. They are so unphased by it that it is only a job to them. When you are exposed to slaughter everyday of you life you build a tolerance to it. They probably get a lot of amusement out of kicking and beating these dogs literally to death.
    Same way that having a pet animal and living with it everyday, caring for it, brings love from you toward that animal. Which is the total opposite of these chinamen.
    Its cruel yes. I dont see why the chinamen cant just kill it humanely (if there is a humane way to kill a creature) Im talkin about lethal injections. things that the animals will not feel pain.

Im gonna stop talking now because im still thinking about my Patch in the other room. Im gonna go check on him hehe. Hope no basted chinamen have taken his cute ass away.
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasmolina
    You guys are hilarious. If you are hungry you will eat what is available. If you do not want him eating dog then send him an alternative source of protein.

We are very sheltered in the U.S. and have been taught to love animals, but when you are in a country where you face starvation or even severe hunger everyday you would reconsider your list of things you would not eat.

Do not judge others by the very naive view of the world which you were brought up with.

EDIT:
    A quick search lead me here (http://wolf.ok.ac.kr/~annyg/english/e4.htm). 19g P, 20g F, 0g C.
    Um, i've never been to China, but since the country is surrounded by water, im assuming fish is readily available and probably pretty inexpensive.
    Last edited by kkwik1212; 04-25-2006 at 05:18 PM.

i dont see how some of the people are comparing dogs to chickens, cows, or other live stock. They dont share any of the same characteristics personality wise and its apples to oranges.

with that being said.... save the dog and drink a damn protien shake
    Last edited by monotone; 04-25-2006 at 05:22 PM.
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkwik1212
    Um, i've never been to China, but since the country is surrounded by water, im assuming fish is readily available and probably pretty inexpensive.
    You might want to check a map, China isnt exactly an island. China has 14, 500 kilometers of coast and 22,143 kilometers of land borders.