Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell, why not?

He soooooooooo has gyno dude

go check again.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by Jane

Actually I've spent most of my life feeling too old . I think I might as well just give it up and accept that I'm always going to. If I can do this it ought to save a lot of trouble.

I suggest you do too.
    I try. Add about 70 years to my age, and you'll have how old I 'feel'. So at 17, I felt like 87. Now I feel like I'm 94. I suppose I should be thankful I'm not crapping myself and being fed Gerber by some nurse.

then again, I haven't seen myself with wrinkles yet
    No wrinkles, thank god--but I might be starting to lose some hair(Can't tell. I think it's just paranoia)
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-13-2002 at 04:46 PM.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    He soooooooooo has gyno dude

go check again.
    Maybe you're right. Never noticed that before. You can't really see when the game is running properly. Let me guess: it's all jerky on your computer. It's supposed to be super-smooth(Like 'Flashback' was, if you remember that game. 30fps)
    Anyways, not my fault. Blame the people who wrote Poser(It's has a horrible interface and I cursed their names many times during the course of both of those projects.)

Did you get Mannux to run? At least the chick I made for that game is hot.

Unfortunately, my crowning achievement--a 3d Quake knock-off--is too big to put on the university's filespace. Plus it's pretty sucky. But you gotta remember all of these games are basically done in 3-4 weeks(The 3d game was over the course of 2-3 months) and it's only 1-3 people working part-time. Give a guy some credit. I still think they're kinda cool, all things considered. Obvioulsy, I'm not giving John Carmack any competition, though.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Day 53 - 3/14/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Went and picked up one of the articles on guaifenesin induced kidney stones. Here's the pertinent info:

Of the 24 patients whose stones were guaifenesin metabolites, 11 admitted to excesses of these over-the-counter stimulants/bronchodilators. Admitted dosages ranged from 2 to 120 tablets per day. This correlates to the range in dosage of 600 to 24,000mg of guaifenesin per day.
    Conclusions
    The data we obtained from our patients and their physicians suggest that the formation of these unique stones depends on consumption of large quantities of guaifenesin-containing medications. An average patient who uses limited quantities of guaifenesin for minor respiratory ailments would most likely not be at reisk of producing renal calculi of this nature. However, the patient that needs or chooses to consume large quantities of guaifenesin-containing mediations may be at risk of stone formation. Further studies need to be conducted to quantify the amount of beta-(2-methoxyphenoxy)-lactic acid necessary to initiate metabolite precipitation in the kidney of healthy or physiologically compromised patients
    I ordered some VasoPro from Netrition which contains 20mg ephedrine HCL and 200mg guaifensin per tablet(versus 25mg ephedrine sulfate and 400mg guaifenesin per tablet in Bronkaid) So my dose of guaifenesin will probably be around 600mg a day--the lower range of the above numbers. Still it concerns me a bit. I'll probably switch back to crappy alkaloids once I use the bottle up. Dammit.

Only other funny thing was I decided to buy some Nair for Men and use it on my legs(Yes, I know, I'm a complete 'mo) Had to use like three coats and leave it on 10 minutes each time. And it still didn't work very well. I've got sort of patchy hair now. Looks really silly. I could frankly give a f*ck. I think I'll just stick to shaving my chest. I'm not secure enough in my manhood to have hairless legs anyway. I always feel so gay when I do that sh*t.

EXERCISE
    I had to like walk from my house to the car and stuff.

DIET
    Crap.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    Feeling pretty decent.

there's gotta be a way you could cook that stuff up and extract the ephedrine

Originally posted by Fart Barker
    there's gotta be a way you could cook that stuff up and extract the ephedrine
    That would be how you make meth...

Actually, that's the reason guaifenesin was added to the ephedrine. To make producing meth much more difficult and expensive.

Re: Day 53 - 3/14/02

Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Only other funny thing was I decided to buy some Nair for Men and use it on my legs(Yes, I know, I'm a complete 'mo) Had to use like three coats and leave it on 10 minutes each time. And it still didn't work very well. I've got sort of patchy hair now. Looks really silly. I could frankly give a f*ck. I think I'll just stick to shaving my chest. I'm not secure enough in my manhood to have hairless legs anyway. I always feel so gay when I do that sh*t.
    That stuff sucks ass. And smells bad.
    Do what my dad did instead. Go to Siberia, do heavy labor for three months in rubber boots with no socks, lose the hair below your knees forever.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Re: Re: Day 53 - 3/14/02

Originally posted by Jane

That stuff sucks ass. And smells bad.
    Do what my dad did instead. Go to Siberia, do heavy labor for three months in rubber boots with no socks, lose the hair below your knees forever.
    As exciting as that sounds, I think I'll stick with the Nair--actually I'll just deal with having hairy legs.

And why the hell can we type ass and not be censored, but f*ck(See I'll type it without the self-censoring: ****) ain't allowed.

I just use 1/8" blade everywhere on my body. Keeps everything trimmed and nice looking. Use Neutragene Sunless Tanning Lotion on my face to keep my face dark during summer & winter. Always looks good to me.

Originally posted by MonStar1023
    I just use 1/8" blade everywhere on my body. Keeps everything trimmed and nice looking. Use Neutragene Sunless Tanning Lotion on my face to keep my face dark during summer & winter. Always looks good to me.

I've thought about trying that, but then I'd have to buy clippers and I'm cheap.

The ones that I use are like $10 bro. From a local drugstore. Not too big of a deal hehe.

Day 54 - 3/15/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Had a bunch of supps delived today. I decided to give VPX's Cappuchino flavored MRP a shot. At first I thought it tasted kinda good, then I decided it tasted like sh*t. I'll just plug my nose and pound it before I hit the sack(I still think the vanilla tastes great, though.) Also received my ephedrine HCL. I'm looking forward to trying it on Monday.

I'm sorta thinking about using my One during my HST experiment. But I don't think I will. One, cause it would kinda be a waste to use it on sub-maintenance calories. And two, and most importantly, it's a steroid. Still can't bring myself to cross that bridge--even though it's legal. I just couldn't look at myself in the mirror. I keep trying to rationalize using it by telling myself it's just a supplement, so it's not a real 'steroid' I could still say 'I've never used illegal anabolics' HA. But having read a couple of recent threads on the Bodybuilding.com boards and Elite fitness, it reminds me that that's just complete bullsh*t. So it'll probably be sitting in my fridge indefinitely.

EXERCISE
    Jack sh*t.

DIET
    Crap. Right now I'm waiting for a pizza to be delivered. Mmmm.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    Nothing of note.

Blood&Iron-
    Starting this Sunday, 3-17-2002, youre going to have a partner in a CID. Starting it this Sunday and dropping NHE, going to see how it compares. Have a few things that are kind of confusing to me. (1) what is the actual food supposed to be like on an average isocaloric day? Complex carbs and low-fat proteins or what? I know what my totals are supposed to be but like is there any guideline other than that? (2) are refeeds TWICE per week or THREE times every 2 weeks a good idea? I cant decide yet. I am thinking around twice per week. If I refeed on a training day would I just eat and eat and eat up to the workout and then workout and then continue postworkout etc.? (3) refeed questions.. suppelements are the same I guess? I am assuming that loading with creaitne would be a good idea. Personally I am going to be eating Smarties or Sweettarts throughout my refeeds as a maltodextrin / dextrose combo. Postworkout also.

Send it to me. I'll have no such qualms. I'll grab you a few bottles of HMB and Ecdysterone from work in exchange.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Blood&Iron-
    Starting this Sunday, 3-17-2002, youre going to have a partner in a CID. Starting it this Sunday and dropping NHE, going to see how it compares. Have a few things that are kind of confusing to me. (1) what is the actual food supposed to be like on an average isocaloric day? Complex carbs and low-fat proteins or what? I know what my totals are supposed to be but like is there any guideline other than that? (2) are refeeds TWICE per week or THREE times every 2 weeks a good idea? I cant decide yet. I am thinking around twice per week. If I refeed on a training day would I just eat and eat and eat up to the workout and then workout and then continue postworkout etc.? (3) refeed questions.. suppelements are the same I guess? I am assuming that loading with creaitne would be a good idea. Personally I am going to be eating Smarties or Sweettarts throughout my refeeds as a maltodextrin / dextrose combo. Postworkout also.

I covered most of this in my reply to the PM I sent you. Here's the site that covers just about everything:

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/.../article18.htm

Originally posted by Belial
    Send it to me. I'll have no such qualms. I'll grab you a few bottles of HMB and Ecdysterone from work in exchange.
    HMB? I've already got a bottle.

Besides I'll probably give in and end up using the One--and lose all my hair in the process. Oh boy.

Day 55 - 3/16/02

[B]GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Nope. Only one more day of non-analness. Then it's back to business.

EXERCISE
    Nuthin.

DIET
    Crappy pseudo-refeed.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    My upper back is bothering my again and my lower-back is a bit too. Goddamnit. I thought the week off was supposed to take care of this sh*t.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-16-2002 at 07:31 PM.

Day 56 - 3/17/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Tomorrow it's back to business. Thank god. This past week has sucked. b

EXERCISE
    Absolutely nothing.

DIET
    Crap.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    Went out drinking last night. Felt fine today though. I guess going out a number of times in the past couple weeks has built up my alcohol tolerance a bit. I won't be going out again for at least 8 weeks, though, so I'll unfortunately lose all I've worked towards. Oh well.

Blood&Iron-
    Damn dude thats a lot of days off. Good luck getting back into it. Were all here to support you.

Blood&Iron-
    Damn dude thats a lot of days off. Good luck getting back into it. Were all here to support you.

Just following the HST program--which call for a week of strategic deconditioning prior to starting. Besides, I was planning on doing this soon anyway, but just couldn't work up the nerve. HST was a good excuse to do it. I really think it's a good idea to take a week off now and again.

Thanks for the support, btw.

Day 57 - 3/18/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    My first real, honest to goodness HST workout. Quite interesting.

Some changes in format to note: below the work set of each exercise is my tested 15RM for the exercise. This makes it, IMO, a bit easier to see how far from my max I am.

Also, I'm dropping the 'B&I rating' as, in the context of HST, it is essentially meaningless. I will include it only on my failure workouts which occur at the end of each 2 week period.

Also the tempo listings are a bit more 'fluid' than previously. I'm not paying quite as much attention and slowed down or sped up a bit--nothing tremendous, mind you--as the set progressed depending on how difficult things were feeling(I'm not sure if I entirely like this idea, but Haycock says to do this, so I'm giving it a shot.) Still the tempos I've listed are still pretty accurate.

Also, started putting Lipoderm-Y on my legs instead of my abdomen(That's the reason I used so much today; my legs are pretty big, so it takes a lot to cover them.) At first I was gonna do just one leg as a real test of Lipoderm's efficacy, but I think--unless I'm really imagining things--that it's worked quite well on my abs and lower-back, and I'm too impatient to do one leg at a time.

EXERCISE
    Notes:
    1)Tempos are in eccentric-static-concentric order. So 301 means a 1s positive, no contracted hold, and a 3s negative

2)I took EC before this workout.

Barbell Squat
    Tempo: 201
    Warm-up: bar x 8
    Work-set: 95 x 15
    Tested 15 RM: 135 x 15

Comments:
    This was 45lbs less than my tested 15RM and I was expecting this to be pathetically easy, but you know what? It was pretty hard. I was kinda getting worried at about 12, as it started feeling quite heavy. Very strange.

Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    Tempo: 201
    Warm-up: bar x 8
    Work-sets: 95 x 15(w/ straps)
    Tested 15RM: 135 x 15

Comments:
    Not as difficult as the squats, but still a fair sight harder than I expected.

Incline DB Press
    Tempo: 202
    Warm-up: none
    Work-sets: 20's x 15
    Tested 15RM: 40's x 15

Comments:
    Very easy. Pathetically so, in fact.

Assisted Chins - Supinated Grip
    Tempo: 303
    Work-set: -140 x 15
    Tested 15 RM: -100 x 15

Comments
    Like the DB Press: very, very easy.

Assisted Dips
    Work-set: -110 x 15
    Tested 15 RM: -70 x 15

Comments:
    Somewhat difficult. Nowhere near as hard as the squats, but a fair bit harder than the chins and incline DB press. Just right, IMO.
    B&I Rating:
    N/A

Seated Row
    Work-set: 50 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 90 x 15

Comments:
    Another fairly easy set. Felt a bit of a twinge in the right side of my back, although my form was impeccable(Actually, ROM was bit exaggerated, to the point where hands were actually touching my chest at the end of the concentric; I only do this when the weight is very light as otherwise my rear deltoids become a limiting factor in working my back.)

Hammer Strength Behind-the-Neck Press
    Tempo: 212
    Work-set: 50 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 90 x 15

Comments:
    Pretty easy. Oddly I felt much more fatigue/burning in my triceps than in my deltoids; which is usually not the case at all.

Incline DB Curl
    Work-set: 12 x 15
    Estimated 15 RM: 20 x 15

Comments:
    Quite easy, but a nice, tight pump(Heresy, I know.)

Reverse Pec-Deck
    Work-set: 35 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 45 x 15

Comments:
    Quite easy.

Kneeling Shrugs
    Warm up: none
    Work set: 25's x 15
    Estimated 15RM: 35 x 15

Comments
    Really enjoyed these. Much more so than usual. Due to the lighter than normal DBs my form was impeccable--usually it's slightly off, i.e. short ROM. Not very difficult.

Wrist Curl
    Tempo:202
    Warm up:none
    Work set: 25(EZ curl bar) x 15
    Tested 15RM: 45 x 14

Comments
    Had to use a stupid EZ-curl bar, 'cause everything else was too heavy. Really dislike doing these with it, but had no choice. Incredibly easy.

Calf Raise(performed on incline leg press
    Tempo: 101
    Warm up:none
    Work set: 50 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 75 x 15

Comments
    Surprisingly, this was another instance of an exercise being fairly difficult. Sort of started getting worried it was too heavy around rep 12 or 13, but things worked out pretty well.

Power Crunch
    Warm up: none
    Work set: 25 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 45 x 15

Comments
    Somewhat difficult. Just about the right, IMO.

Overall Comments:
    I was expecting this workout to be pathetically easy. Surprisingly, it wasn't--at least for the most part. Several exercises I actually felt myself approaching failure--which I think is a bad thing--despite the fact that the weights were relatively light. Other exercises did end up being a bit too easy. Very odd. But this is my first time with non-failure work sets, so a little slop is to be expected. I'm sure I'll get things down a bit better as time progresses. (Some of the variance may also be due to the fact that I only took 25mg of ephedrine HCL vs. the 50mg of ephedrine sulfate I've been taking previously.) Overall, thought, I very much enjoyed this workout, which I really wasn't expecting at all.

DIET

8:00am: 60g muesli, 22g whey, 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 eggs, 1g ester-C, 400IU vitamin E, 1 multi-vitamin, 250mg ALA(40g carbs/8g fiber, 42g protein, 16.5g fat)

9:20am: 1 tablet VasoPro(25mg ephedrine HCL, 200mg guaifenesin), 1 No Doz(200mg caffeine), 1 serving Trac Creatine

9:50am: 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

10:20am: 25g Ultra Fuel(25g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

11:00pm: 1 serving Surge, 10g glutamine peptide(50g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

11:20pm:12 squirts Lipoderm-Y(200mg yohimbine HCL), 1/2 tablet VasoPro(12.5mg ephedrine HCL), 1/2 tablet No-Doz(100mg caffeine)

1:30pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

2:00pm: 1 small packet tuna, 1/2 Micellean MRP, .8oz pecans(16g carbs/8g fiber, 42g protein, 15g fat)

4:00pm: 1 small packet tuna, 1/2 Micellean MRP, .8oz pecans, 12.5 mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine(16g carbs/8g fiber, 42g protein, 15g fat)

6:00pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

7:00pm: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1.5 cups mixed vegetables, 30g muesli, 1/2 cups skim milk(58g carbs/6g fiber, 38g protein, 12g fat)

10:00pm: 3 ZMA caps

10:30pm: 1 cup cottage cheese, 6 fish oil caps(10g carbs/0g fiber, 26g protein, 15g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 2500kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 218g carbs/30g fiber
    Protein: 235g
    Fat: 76.5g

Comments:
    Just about perfect. Although, I haven't decided whether or not this is too many calories or not. I figure that since I was eating above maintenance for the past week, 2500 is probably low enough. We'll see.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    Only 8 hours of sleep. Bah.

Re: Day 57 - 3/18/02

Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Incline DB Press
    Work-sets: 20's x 15
    Tested 15RM: 40's x 15

Comments:
    Very easy. Pathetically so, in fact.
    I should hope so. Your work set is the same as mine
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Are you planning on taking any before pics? or any pics in general to show us your cutting progression?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Are you planning on taking any before pics? or any pics in general to show us your cutting progression?
    I suppose I could take some pictures in the next day or two if you're interested. Right now I'm about the same weight as I was in the previous picture I posted. I subsequently bulked up to 217 and have come back down to my current weight of 202--with I think a fair bit more muscle and less fat. I didn't have any pictures taken at 217 which was stupid as they would really be much better as before pictures.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-18-2002 at 04:38 PM.

EVERYONE is ALWAYS interested