Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell, why not?

I was seriously thinking about making my refeeds every 3rd day like the way you are doing. The only reason I didnt is because I didnt want to put my refeeds on my rest days. Do you think that refeeding on a rest day really matters?

Originally posted by MonStar1023
    I was seriously thinking about making my refeeds every 3rd day like the way you are doing. The only reason I didnt is because I didnt want to put my refeeds on my rest days. Do you think that refeeding on a rest day really matters?

Well, originally I did a refeed after every 2 days of dieting, no matter what. So half the time my refeeds would fall on a training day and they other half they'd fall on a rest/cardio day. When I switched to doing less frequent, 1.5 day refeeds I decided to change this. So my compromise was that sometimes I'd go 3 days between refeeds(well, really 2.5 days) and somtimes I'd go 4 days between refeeds(again, really 3.5 days) so that they'd always fall on training days. Basically, while I was doing my split routine, each week my refeeds would fall on a different bodypart. So one week I'd have refeed on chest day and leg day, and the next I'd have one on back day. Then chest and leg again, then the cycle would repeat. This worked quite well for me.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Day 62 - 3/23/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Forgot to mention that yesterday some older dude at my gym who I haven't seen in 2-3 months, said that "You just keep getting bigger and bigger everytime I see you." The fact that I've actually lost 20lbs since I last saw him made the comment even cooler. I had some other guy give me a compliment the other day too, but I think he might be gay(Not that there's anything wrong with that ) Also, I've noticed a good bit of ogling from a few of the girls at my gym...but I'm probably just deluding myself.

EXERCISE
    Nope.

Overall Comments:
    Nah.

DIET

11:30am: 2 eggs, 22g whey, 1/2 cup skim milk, 60g muesli(49g carbs/6g fiber, 46g protein, 16.5g fat)

1:30pm: 1 oz pecans, 1 Lean Body MRP(29g carbs/3g fiber, 49g protein, 21g fat)

2:00pm: 12 squirts Lipoderm-Y(200mg yohimbine), 25mg ephedrine HCL, 200mg caffeine

4:00pm: 1 oz Baked Lays(22g carbs/2g fiber, 2g protein, 1.5g fat)

5:00pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

6:00pm:1 grilled chicken sandwich, 1 caesar side salad, 1oz caesar dressing(38g carbs/4g fiber, 25g protein, 17g fat)

6:30pm:12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

7:00pm: 1 MesoTech Protein Bar(44g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 7g fat)

10:00pm: stir-fried chicken and vegetables(20g carbs/4g fiber, 27g protein, 10g fat)

10:15pm: 3 ZMA Caps

10:30pm: VPX Micellean MRP, 6 fish oil caps, 40mg GLA(24g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 8g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 2527kcal
    Carbs/Fiber:226g/26.5
    Protein: 219g
    Fat: 83g

Comments:
    Not too bad. Little off in a couple of ways, but nothing majorly wrong.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    10 hours sleep + 1 hour nap

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Whatsup man? I just bought a supplement that I was wondering if you ever tried, its called Adrenalin. It looks terrific here is the list of ingredients.

One Capsule Contains...
    • 200 mg. caffeine
      35 mg. 1R 2S norephedrine hcl
      100 mg. synephrine hcl
      3.4 mg. yohimbine hcl

... I am going to alernate weeks of Clenbutrx with weeks of that I think..

Whatsup man? I just bought a supplement that I was wondering if you ever tried, its called Adrenalin. It looks terrific here is the list of ingredients.

One Capsule Contains...
    • 200 mg. caffeine
      35 mg. 1R 2S norephedrine hcl
      100 mg. synephrine hcl
      3.4 mg. yohimbine hcl

... I am going to alernate weeks of Clenbutrx with weeks of that I think..

Nope, I've never tried it. Looks pretty much like Adipo except it has 10mg more norephedrine, and synephrine. As I said before I don't think cycling between the two is going to really do much, as yohimbine, while a selective alpha-2 antagonist still causes the body to release epinephrine and norepinephrine, which are beta-agonists. And I'm still not sure that norephedrine isn't a beta-agonist, either--although from what I've read, it doesn't look like it. Plus, unless you've noticed a significant lessening of the CNS stimulating effects of Clenbutrx, it really is pointless, IMO. But it seems like you've made up your mind.

Blood&Iron-
    What I really want is the stimulatory, workout effects of the Clenbutrx with the appetite supressing effects of Adipo. So what I am actually probably going to go with is 1 Adipo in the morning, 1 Adipo at lunch, and the Clenbutrx preworkout. This way Ill be makin the most out of all of my products.

After 1 week on CID I am down 8 lbs. exactly. I guess thats good I dont know.

When it comes right down to it, I think that I will definitely stick with a variation of a CID before I resort right back to NHE. Because there are somethings that I dont like about NHE. Like the food selection. Thats just one thing of many though. The carbup meal instead of refeed DAY is a big difference. You pack in around 2000+ calories into this one huge meal and basically gorge yourself until you feel like youre totally going to puke it all over the place. I mean I felt so full and so bloated and just so disgusting after that carbup meal I couldnt do anything at all. On refeed days I feel fine.

Day 63 - 3/24/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Weighed myself last night and I'm already back down to 197(Though part of this is probably just due to hydration.) More compliments at the gym today--from a girl. Also, started talking to this other girl who I thought might be from Sweden. She was quite hot, and looked very Scandinavian, so when I overheard her speaking with someone and detected a slight accent--which I couldn't hear well enough to really tell where she was from--I decided to break in:
    "Sorry to bother you, but where are you from, originally?"
    "Estonia" she said, looking at me and smiling.
    "Oh.", I said, probably looking quite disappointed and suddenly uninterested in her, then I continued on with my post-cardio stretching. God, am I a f*cking retard sometimes. I have a tendency to be very abrupt with people at times and can come off as very cold--or as a retarded a**hole, as in this case. What does this have to do with lifting? Nothing; but then this is 'general rambling', so f*ck it.

BTW, just cuz I think it's so lame and I know girls hate it, let me clarify that I'm not in the habit of hitting on girls at the gym. In fact, I don't. This is a very rare exception, besides I wasn't hitting on her--I was just being a dorky f*ck.

EXERCISE
    30min on treadmill at 15 degree incline at 3.3mph

Overall Comments:
    Nope.

DIET

12:00pm: 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAA, 1 serving Trac creatine, 1g ester-C, 400IU vitamin-E, 1 multi-vitamin, 25mg ephedrine HCL + 200mg caffeine(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

1:00pm: 90g Protein Factory Recovery Formula, 5g glutamine peptide(50g carbs/0g carbs, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

1:30pm: 12 squirts Lipoderm-Y(200mg yohimbine), 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

3:00pm: 1 oz pecans, 1 cup skim milk(17g carbs/2g fiber, 12g protein, 19g fat)

3:30pm: 1 Meso-Tech protein bar(44g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 7g fat)

4:00pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

5:30pm: 1 VPX Micellean MRP(22g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

6:00pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

6:40pm: 1 oz pecan(5g carbs/2g fiber, 5g protein, 19g fat)

7:00pm: 3 cups chili(70g carbs/25g fiber, 40g protein, 10g fat)

10:30pm: VPX Micellean MRP, 6 fish oil caps, 40mg GLA(24g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 8g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 2414kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 235g/44g
    Protein: 220g
    Fat: 66g

Comments:
    A little lower in fat--and consequently calories--then normal. But not bad, and I'm not sure it's bad that calories were lower anyway. So, pretty decent.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    10hours sleep.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-24-2002 at 06:58 PM.

After 1 week on CID I am down 8 lbs. exactly. I guess thats good I dont know.

I gotta believe most of this is water weight, although, given the fact you were previously doing a low-carb diet it seems like you should have *gained* water weight. There's definitely something screwy here. I'd weigh yourself a couple more times, and take an average.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-24-2002 at 07:02 PM.

Okay lets see. Last Sunday I weighed 212 lbs., Monday was 208.5 lbs., Wednesday was 204 lbs., Thursday 204 lbs., and today 204 lbs. So basically I have been maintaining 204 lbs. for about 4 days now. I want to gradually decrease my weight.

Day 64 - 3/25/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Nah.

EXERCISE
    Notes:
    1)Tempos are in eccentric-static-concentric order. So 301 means a 1s positive, no contracted hold, and a 3s negative

2)I took EC before this workout.

Barbell Squat
    Tempo: 101
    Warm-up: bar x 8
    Work-set: 125 x 15
    Tested 15 RM: 135 x 15

Comments:
    Slightly difficult. It should have been very difficult, but I kinda cheated by speeding up my cadence a bit. I was worried I wouldn't hit 15 reps and/or would hit failure and was trying to avoid doing so. I'm not sure if it was a good or bad idea. Again, somewhat lightheaded after I finished(This isn't due to improper breathing, as I'm very careful about that.) C'est la vie.

Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    Work-sets: 125 x 15(w/ straps)
    Tested 15RM: 135 x 15

Comments:
    Again, a somewhat faster tempo. Slightly difficult.

Incline DB Press
    Tempo: 202
    Warm-up: none
    Work-sets: 35's x 15
    Tested 15RM: 40's x 15

Comments:
    Somewhat difficult. Here I used the same tempo I've been using previously, but wasn't concentrating on the movement as much as I should have been. Still, an okay performance.

Assisted Chins - Supinated Grip
    Work-set: -110 x 15
    Tested 15 RM: -100 x 15

Comments
    Same tempo as last week. Fairly difficult--but not because of fatigue in my back, but rather my forearms and bis. Concentration was off.

Assisted Dips
    Work-set: -80 x 15
    Tested 15 RM: -70 x 15

Comments:
    Somewhat difficult. A bit better concentration here than on the chins. Still not great, though.

Seated Row
    Work-set: 80 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 90 x 15

Comments:
    Fairly difficult. So-so concentration.

Hammer Strength Behind-the-Neck Press
    Work-set: 80 x 15

Comments:
    Quite easy. Good burn in my delts. Pretty good concentration as well.

Incline DB Curl
    Work-set: 15s x 15
    Estimated 15 RM: 20 x 15

Comments:
    I've used the same weight here for the last 3 sessions, as I'm very near failure on the last rep. Today, I might have actually hit it if I had tried for another rep. A bit slower cadence than previously. Good burn, though.

Reverse Pec-Deck
    Tempo: 201
    Work-set: 45 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 45 x 15

Comments:
    Hit my tested 15RM, although the tempo might have been faster. I'm not sure. Somewhat difficult and a bit of burn. Poor concentration, though.

Kneeling Shrugs
    Warm up: none
    Work set: 35's x 15
    Estimated 15RM: 35 x 15

Comments
    Hit my 'estimated' 15RM, which means jack. A bit poorer form/concentration compared to my performance with 30lb DBs, but not bad.

Wrist Curl
    Tempo:202
    Warm up:none
    Work set: 35 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 45 x 14

Comments
    Again, same weight as my last session. Quite easy.

Calf Raise(performed on incline leg press
    Work set: 75 x 15
    Tested 15RM: 75 x 15

Comments
    Hit tested 15RM(Which in my workout log is noted with '2-3 reps left' so it wasn't really my 15RM.) Fairly easy, and a decent burn. ROM might have been a bit short, though.

Power Crunch
    Work set: 40 x 15

Comments
    Fairly easy. Nothing really of note here.

Overall Comments:
    Overall, a fairly crappy workout. My concentration was just off for most of the workout. I was tired before I even hit the gym, and my back was a bit fatigued too. Additionally, I was worried about hitting the prescribed # of reps for a number of exercises and consequently sped up my tempos a bit--which was stupid. Ultimately, though, not a horrible workout.

DIET

8:30am: 2 eggs, 22g whey, 1/2 cup skim milk, 60g muesli, 1g ester-C, 400IU vitamin E, 250mg ALA, 1 multi-vitamin(49g carbs/6g fiber, 46g protein, 16.5g fat)

10:30am: 2 VasoPro(50mg ephedrine HCL, 400mg guaifensin), 2 No-Doz(400mg caffeine), 1 serving Trac Creatine

10:50pm(pre-workout): 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAA(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

11:20pm(halfway through workout): 25g Ultra Fuel, 250mg ALA(24g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

12:00pm(post-workout): 1 scoop Surge + 1 scoop Protein Factory Recovery Formula, 5g glutamine peptide(50g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

12:30pm: 12 squirts Lipoderm-Y(200mg yohimbine)

1:00pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

1:30pm: 1oz cashews, 1/2 packet VPX Micellean MRP, 1 small packet tuna(18g carbs/4g fiber, 47g protein, 16g fat)

3:45:12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

4:00pm:1oz cashews(7g carbs/1g fiber, 6g protein, 14g fat)

4:30pm:1/2 VPX Micellean MRP(11g carbs/4g fiber, 22g protein, 1g fat)

6:20pm:12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

7:00pm: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1.5 cups mixed vegetables, 1/2 ounce walnuts(31g carbs/5g fiber, 16g protein, 13.5g fat)

10:00pm: 3 ZMA Caps

10:30pm: 1.5 cups cottage cheese, 6 fish oil caps(15g carbs/0g fiber, 39g protein, 19.5g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 2475kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 208g/20g
    Protein: 223g
    Fat: 83.5g fat

Comments:
    Pretty solid. Nothing majorly wrong, other than bland food.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    7.5 hours sleep. This was probably what f*cked up my workout.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-25-2002 at 08:37 PM.

Day 65 - 3/26/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    No

EXERCISE
    30min on treadmill at 15 degree incline @ 3.3mph

Comments
    Boring as f*ck.

Overall Comments:
    No pretty girls to ogle either.

DIET

11:00am: 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAAs, 1 serving Trac Creatine, 1 VasoPro, 1 No-Doz(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

12:15pm: 1 serving Protein Factory Recovery Formula(60g carbs/0g fiber, 28g protein, 1.5g fat)

12:30pm: 6 squirts Lipoderm-Y

--------------------REFEED BEGINS-----------------------------------------

1:40 2 pop-tarts(75g carbs/1g fiber, 6g protein, 10g fat)

2:00pm: 25mg ephedrine HCL, 200mg caffeine

3:00pm: 1 VPX Micellean MRP(22g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

4:50pm: 2 pop-tarts(69g carbs/1g fiber, 6g protein, 13g fat)

5:15pm: 3 low-fat cupcakes(87g carbs/3g fiber, 6g protein, 4.5g fat)

5:30pm: 500mg ALA

6:00pm: 6oz spaghetti, 1.5 cups marinara sauce, 25g parmesan cheese(159g carbs/15g fiber, 37g protein, 16.5g fat)

7:30pm: 1 low-fat cupcake, 2 low-fat crumb-cakes(67g carbs/2g fiber, 4g protein, 2.5g fat)

8:00pm: 1 Lean Body MRP(24g carbs/0g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

10:00pm: 3 ZMA caps,

11:30pm: 1 VPX Micellean MRP(22g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 3827kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 588g/37g
    Protein: 244g
    Fat: 55.5g

Comments:
    Not too bad. Went for several prolonged periods without much protein, but I don't really think it matters too much. Started my refeed earlier in the day, cuz I was really craving carbs. I figured I'd listen to my body for once. Shouldn't have bothered with the last dose of ephedrine I took since it causes short term insulin insensitivity, but what can I say, I'm stupid. Overall, not too bad.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    Decent 9 hours of sleep.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-26-2002 at 06:10 PM.

Re: Day 64 - 3/26/02

Originally posted by Blood&Iron
    EXERCISE
    30min on treadmill at 15 degree incline @ 3.3mph

Comments
    Boring as f*ck.

Shouldn't have bothered with the last dose of ephedrine I took since it causes short term insulin insensitivity, but what can I say, I'm stupid.

Ephedrine does this? For how long? What about norephedrine?

Wannabebig Member
    I remember reading, (I think Lyle MacDonald wrote it) that while ephedrine and caffine can negativley effect insulin sensitivity, regular exercise will make up for it because exercise increases insulin sensitivity. To be safe though, just skip the eca dose before a carb up meal and use ALA.

MWB, it's definately true for caffiene, but i'm not sure about ephedrine.

Here's the abstract of the study:

Caffeine-Induced Impairment of Insulin Action but Not Insulin Signaling in Human Skeletal Muscle Is Reduced by Exercise
    Farah S.L. Thong1, Wim Derave2, Bente Kiens3, Terry E. Graham1, Birgitte Ursř4, Jřrgen F.P. Wojtaszewski3, Bo F. Hansen4, and Erik A. Richter3
    1 Department of Human Biology and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada
    2 Department of Kinesiology, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
    3 Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Department of Human Physiology, Institute of Exercise and Sports Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
    4 Diabetes Biology, Novo Nordisk, Bagsvaerd, Denmark

We investigated the effects of caffeine ingestion on skeletal muscle glucose uptake, glycogen synthase (GS) activity, and insulin signaling intermediates during a 100-min euglycemic-hyperinsulinemic (100 µU/ml) clamp. On two occasions, seven men performed 1-h one-legged knee extensor exercise at 3 h before the clamp. Caffeine (5 mg/kg) or placebo was administered in a randomized, double-blind fashion 1 h before the clamp. During the clamp, whole-body glucose disposal was reduced (P < 0.05) in caffeine (37.5 ± 3.1 µmol · min-1 · kg-1) vs. placebo (54.1 ± 2.9 µmol · min-1 · kg-1). In accordance, the total area under the curve over 100 min (AUC0–100 min) for insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in caffeine was reduced (P < 0.05) by 50% in rested and exercised muscle. Caffeine also reduced (P < 0.05) GS activity before and during insulin infusion in both legs. Exercise increased insulin sensitivity of leg glucose uptake in both caffeine and placebo. Insulin increased insulin receptor tyrosine kinase (IRTK), insulin receptor substrate 1-associated phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase activities, and Ser473 phosphorylation of protein kinase B (PKB)/Akt significantly but similarly in rested and exercised legs. Furthermore, insulin significantly decreased glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) activity equally in both legs. Caffeine did not alter insulin signaling in either leg. Plasma epinephrine and muscle cAMP concentrations were increased in caffeine. We conclude that 1) caffeine impairs insulin-stimulated glucose uptake and GS activity in rested and exercised human skeletal muscle; 2) caffeine-induced impairment of insulin-stimulated muscle glucose uptake and downregulation of GS activity are not accompanied by alterations in IRTK, PI 3-kinase, PKB/Akt, or GSK-3 but may be associated with increases in epinephrine and intramuscular cAMP concentrations; and 3) exercise reduces the detrimental effects of caffeine on insulin action in muscle.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Wannabebig Member
    Well there you go. Good post TCD!

Day 66 - 3/27/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Nein.

EXERCISE
    Notes:
    1)Tempos are in eccentric-static-concentric order. So 301 means a 1s positive, no contracted hold, and a 3s negative

Barbell Squat
    Work-set: 135 x 15

Comments:
    As last time, my cadence was a bit fast cuz I was worried about hitting 15 reps. I don't think I could've done a 16th, but technically, this was not to failure. Not sure what I'll do next session. Maybe I'll do 145 and just see how many reps I can hit rest/pause fashion.

Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    Work-sets: 135 x 15(w/ straps)

Comments:
    Fairly difficult, but not to failure.

Incline DB Press
    Work-sets: 40's x 15

Comments:
    Sped up the concentric and consequently this wasn't all that difficult. Still kinda hard, though.

Work-set: -100 x 15

Comments
    Not too difficult. Not to failure.

Assisted Dips
    Work-set: -70 x 15

Comments:
    Again, sped up concentric. Fairly difficult, but not to failure.

Seated Row
    Work-set: 90 x 15

Comments:
    Somewhat difficult. Form might have been a bit off, though.

Work-set: 90 x 15

Comments:
    Easy. Definite improvement. I think I could've got a good 4-5 more reps here. Very cool.

Incline DB Curl
    Work-set: 20s x 13

Comments:
    I estimated my 15RM for this exercise since when I tested my 15RMs I had intended to use a BB spider curl as my bicep exercise. I really don't think this was a good choice, because due to DBs coming in 5lb increments, I was unable to gradually increase the weight. I've used 15lbs for the last 3 sessions, and jumped to 20lbs here. 10lbs for this exercise is a very big jump and I wasn't up to it. Hit the wall at 13. F*ck.

Reverse Pec-Deck
    Work-set: 45 x 15

Comments:
    Quite easy. Concentration was off, though.

Kneeling Shrugs
    Work set: 35's x 15

Comments
    Got a twinge in my neck on rep 2, but stupidly kept going cuz it wasn't really causing me much pain. Not bad, though. My neck is quite stiff now. It probably would have been without my stupidity, but I'm sure continuing on didn't help things out.

Wrist Curl
    Tempo:202
    Work set: 40 x 15

Comments
    Almost to failure. Odd since I noted last time that this was quite easy.

Work set: 75 x 15

Comments
    Easy.

Power Crunch
    Work set: 45 x 15

Comments
    Pretty easy, but my concentration was a bit off.

Overall Comments:
    Really, quite an intense workout. I really didn't rest much at all between exercises. Still not happy about my sped up cadences, but I guess it's better than not getting 15 reps. Still not moving with too much momentum, but I was still moving a bit faster than I think is ideal. At least it looks like my strenght on the HS behind-the-neck press has improved. That's definitely cool. The fiasco with the incline curls kinda sucked though.

DIET

5:30am: 1 Lean Body MRP(24g carbs/0g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

10:15am: 3 low-fat cinnamon crumb cakes, 60g muesli, 1/2 cup milk, 22g whey, 250mg ALA, 1 multi vitamin, 1g ester-c, 400IU vit. E(97g carbs/8g fiber, 34g protein, 6g fat)

11:50am: 2 VasoPro(50mg ephedrine HCL, 400mg guaifensin), 2.5 No-Doz(500mg caffeine), 1 serving Trac Creatine

12:30pm(pre-workout): 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

1:00pm(halfway through workout): 50g Ultra Fuel, 250mg ALA(49g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

1:30pm(post-workout): 1 serving Surge, 10g glutamine peptide(50g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

3:00pm: 2 low-fat cupcakes, 2 low-fat crumb cakes, (96g carbs/2g fiber, 6g protein, 4g fat)

4:00pm: 1 Lean Body MRP(24g carbs/0g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

5:00pm: 50g Ultra Fuel, 250mg ALA(49g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

6:00pm: 3oz Baked Lays(69g carbs/6g fiber, 6g protein, 4.5g fat)

6:45pm: 6oz spaghetti, 1.5 cups marinara sauce, 25g parmesan cheese, 250mg ALA(159g carbs/15g fiber, 37g protein, 16.5g fat)

8:00pm: 2 low-fat crumb cakes, 2 cups skim milk(62g carbs/0g fiber, 18g protein, 1g fat)

9:30pm: 3oz Baked Lays(69g carbs/6g fiber, 6g protein, 4.5g fat)

10:30pm: 3 ZMA Caps

10:30pm: 1 VPX Micellean MRP(22g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 4697kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 773g/44.5g
    Protein: 299g
    Fat: 45.5g

Comments:
    Pretty solid, overall.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    10 hours of sleep.

Day 67 - 3/28/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Nope

EXERCISE
    30min on treadmill at 15 degree incline at 3.3mph

Overall Comments:
    Bleh.

DIET

11:00pm: 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAA, 1 serving Trac creatine, 1g ester-C, 400IU vitamin-E, 1 multi-vitamin, 25mg ephedrine HCL + 200mg caffeine(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

12:00pm: 90g Protein Factory Recovery Formula, 5g glutamine peptide(50g carbs/0g carbs, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

12:30pm: 12 squirts Lipoderm-Y(200mg yohimbine)

1:30pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

2:00pm: 1 small packet tuna, 1/2 VPX Micellean MRP, 1oz cashews(18g carbs/4g fiber, 47g protein, 16g fat)

3:30pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

4:30pm: 1 small packet tuna, 1/2 VPX Micellean MRP, 1oz cashews(18g carbs/4g fiber, 47g protein, 16g fat)

5:15pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

6:30pm: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 can sliced peaches in juice, 1oz cashews(67g carbs/4g fiber, 32g protein, 24g fat)

8:00pm: 50g Ultra Fuel, 250mg ALA(49g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

10:30pm: VPX Micellean MRP, 6 fish oil caps, 1oz cashews, 40mg GLA(28g carbs/7.5g fiber, 51g protein, 22g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 2557kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 233g carbs/19.5g
    Protein: 224g
    Fat: 81g

Comments:
    Little higher in calories that I'd like, and a few other failings, but good overall macronutrient breakdown(Although, meal wise things kinda sucked.) Not bad. Excess calories were somewhat negated by the extra 2 hours of martial arts I did this evening.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    9 hours sleep.

Wannabebig Member
    I go the same gym as B&I and lemme tell you he is one hot, hunk of man.

Haha. Pure genius.

Day 68 - 3/29/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Well, today was my final day in the 15-rep range for HST. Next week I move onto the 10s. Hopefully there will be a few less kinks due to a bit more familiarity on my part with how HST works in the real world. I may decide to alternate leg pressed with squatting as my lower back does feel a bit fatigued from squatting three times a week. But the only leg press at my gym that I like doesn't have a enough weight on it to use, so I'd have to use one I dislike. Not sure about that. We'll see. So far, though, I am satisfied with my results with HST. I certainly don't think I'm losing any appreciable muscle mass in only training to failure 1 time every two weeks. I'll have to wait until the whole cycle is over to really comment though.

EXERCISE
    Notes:

Barbell Squat
    Work-set: 145 x 15

Comments:
    Lower back was a bit sore this morning, although I don't think it was due to injury, merely the fact that I've squatted 6 times in two weeks and the added fact that I was rolling around and falling for two hours at taijutsu last night(I think this is the primary culprit, actually.) I thought about doing leg presses and leg curls instead, but for several reasons--mostly dumb macho bullsh*t--opted not to.
    Cadence was yet faster than it's been before, making it really questionable whether this can properly be viewed as progression. But damn I wanted 15 reps...and I got them. Not, technically to failure(I only consider it failure when I end up crashing on the pins in the rack.) Pretty difficult but not insanely so. Form on the last 5 reps was so-so; my back and hips were not rising at quite the same speed, which I consider fairly bad form. This is what happens when progression takes a back-seat to proper form--something I really hate to see myself allowing. I'm not sure what to make of this, actually. I'll be nice to myself and say I did all right.

Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    Work-sets: 145 x 15(w/ straps)

Comments:
    Same issues as with the squat, although there was nothing IMO technically wrong with the form. It was just a bit fast. Fairly difficult.

Incline DB Press
    Work-sets: 45's x 15

Comments:
    Very good. I really think this represents progress, and I still didn't hit failure--although I was pretty freakin' close.

Work-set: -90 x 15

Comments
    This might or might not represent progress. Not horribly difficult, but not easy either. Not to failure.

Assisted Dips
    Work-set: -60 x 15

Comments:
    Somewhat difficult. Not to failure. I think this represents improvement over my tested 15RM.

Seated Row
    Work-set: 100 x 15

Comments:
    As last time, form might have been slightly off, though not horribly so. A bit faster of a concentric than previously as well. I was fairly worried going into this that I'd be unable to hold on as my forearms were quite fried, but I managed. Not to failure.

Work-set: 100 x 13

Comments:
    I was sure I'd hit 100 for 15, no problem seeing as how 90 was quite easy last time. But no. Didn't happen. At rep 13 my delts decided they'd had enough and decided to not comply with my wishes. I think this may, in part, have been due to the quite short rest periods I'd been taking. At this point in the workout, I was drenched in sweat, and felt a bit nauseated.

Incline DB Curl
    Tempo: 212(first 10 reps), 101(final 5 reps)
    Work-set: 15s x 15

Comments:
    Due to the fact I hit failure at 13 reps last time, I thought about skipping this entirely but couldn't bring myself to do so. So I dropped back down to the 15's and just focused on feeling my biceps. Nothing really notable here.

Reverse Pec-Deck
    Work-set: 50 x 15

Comments:
    Tempo was a bit faster than normal, so again this might not represent progress, but I did hit 15 reps and was quite near to failure at the end.

Kneeling Shrugs
    Work set: 40's x 15

Comments
    Faster cadence. Pretty decent ROM, although a bit shorter than I like. So-so.

Wrist Curl
    Work set: 45 x 15

Comments
    Sped up the tempo toward the end so I could get all 15 reps. Not sure if this represented progress or not. Pretty difficult.

Work set: 87.5 x 15

Comments
    Pretty easy and not to failure. Decent improvement here.

Power Crunch
    Work set: 50 x 15

Comments
    Not too difficult and this wasn't to failure. Pretty sure there was improvement here.

Overall Comments:
    Sort of felt like I'd been hit by a semi at about the half-way point of this workout. Drenched in sweat and breathing like a race-horse. Good overall intensity. Really reminded me of my HIT days. Definited improvements in some areas; other places it's questionable whether the increased poundages were due to compromised form/tempo or actual strength increases. But I have to remind myself HST is not about strength gains. It's just hard for me to accept that. Next week I move onto the 10's and hopefully there'll be a few less kinks.

DIET

11:00am: 2 eggs, 22g whey, 1/2 cup skim milk, 60g muesli, 1g ester-C, 400IU vitamin E, 250mg ALA, 1 multi-vitamin(49g carbs/6g fiber, 46g protein, 16.5g fat)

11:30am: 2 VasoPro(50mg ephedrine HCL, 400mg guaifensin), 2 No-Doz(400mg caffeine), 1 serving Trac Creatine

12:30pm(pre-workout): 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAA(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

1:00pm(halfway through workout): 25g Ultra Fuel, 250mg ALA(24g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

1:30pm(post-workout): 1 serving Surge, 10g glutamine peptide(50g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

2:00pm: 12 squirts Lipoderm-Y(200mg yohimbine)

3:00pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

3:30pm: 1/2 packet VPX Micellean MRP, 1 meat snack(11g carbs/4g fiber, 25g protein, 11g fat)

4:30pm: 1/2 VPX Micellean MRP, 1 meat snack(11g carbs/3g fiber, 25g protein, 11g fat)

5:00pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

7:00pm: 12.5mg ephedrine HCL, 100mg caffeine

7:30pm: 1.5 cups mixed vegetables, 1 small packet tuna, 22g whey, 1oz cashews(31g carbs/6g fiber, 47g protein, 16.5g)

10:00pm: 3 ZMA Caps

10:30pm: VPX Micellean MRP, 6 fish oil caps(22g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 8g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 2338kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 201
    Protein: 235g
    Fat: 66g

Comments:
    Little low in calories(and fat) but that way it kinda balances out with yesterday. A few other goofy things, but overall not horrible. Not all that great either, though.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    11 hours of sleep(Actually, I overslept a bit.) Despite the amount of sleep, I didn't feel particularly well-rested when I awoke.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 03-29-2002 at 05:24 PM.

Day 68 - 3/29/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    I've decided I've really been slacking on the diet front. I haven't lost much weight over the past 3-4 weeks, and really I've decided to both reduce my calories on dieting days and make my refeeds a bit more moderate as well as improve them qualitatively. So, on diet days my new plan is 200g protein, 200g carbs, and 70g fat which is 2230kcal. Also, I'm gonna make sure I'm more consistent with my use of EC. So it's gonna be 25 or 50mg ephedrine--depending on if it's a workout day or just cardio--in the morning, followed by 12.5mg ephedrine and 100mg caffeine every 2 hours 4 more times. My refeeds I'm keeping at 1.5 days, but the first refeed day will only be about 3000kcal with 500g carbs, 200g protein, 22g fat, and the 2nd will be 4000kcal with 700g carbs, 200g protein, 45g fat. This will mean I'll be more dependent on MRPs and Ultra Fuel, and won't really get to eat anything I want. Tough sh*t; dieting isn't supposed to be fun. Hopefully, this will get me back on track. I'm also thinking about getting a guggulsterone product, e.g. Thryolean, but I have to do some research to see if they actually have been proven to do anything(I've heard good thinngs anecdotally.) Probably going to pick up some glucosamine as well for its effect on leptin. It's actually only $13 or so for about month's worth from DPS, as I'll only be using about 6g a day.

Additionally, I reread some of the HST literature, and noticed some stuff, that for whatever reason escaped my idiot eyes. One, Haycock has stated you don't need to go to failure on the final workout of each 2 week cycle. And actually, it's fine to work up to your previously tested 15RM. One doesn't actually need to surpass it. The most important thing is the continually increasing load. Not sure how I missed these points, but I'll be rereading just about everything, to make sure I didn't miss anything else important. No sense in using HST if I'm botching it up.

EXERCISE
    Nope.

Overall Comments:
    nope.

DIET

4:30am: 1/2 Lean Body MRP(12g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1g fat)

9:30pm: 1/2 Lean Body MRP, 60g muesli, 1/2 cup milk(57g carbs/8g fiber, 34g protein, 7g fat)

12:30pm: 3 eggs, 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese(3g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 19.5g fat)

1:00pm: 1 Lean Body MRP(24g carbs/0g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

3:30pm: 3oz cashews, 1.5 cups mixed vegetables, 1/2 Lean Body MRP(55g carbs/7g fiber, 40g protein, 43g fat)

7:00pm:25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine

7:30pm: 1/2 Lean Body MRP, 6oz baked spaghetti(70g carbs/4g fiber, 40g protein, 20g fat)

10:30pm: VPX Micellean MRP, 6 fish oil caps(22g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 8g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 2880kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 243g
    Protein: 251g
    Fat: 100.5g

Comments:
    Disaster. About 500kcal too many. Due both to me kinda not giving a f*ck--I won't go into reasons--and the fact I was gonna skip EC entirely today. I've forgotten how powerfully it supresses appetite. I took some finally, cuz I got a pretty bad headache which was probably due to withdrawal. I don't usually have that problem on refeed days, so actually it probably had nothing to do with a lack of EC. But I decided to take some EC anyways, which didn't really help. Popped a couple of aspirin later though, and that seemd to take care of things.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    Lower back is bothering me slightly again. Really, probably, should drop the squat next week in favor of leg pressing. Stiff-legged deadlift doesn't usually cause me any problems so I'll probably leave that in. Might just alternate leg pressing and squatting as Haycock does in his sample routines.

when are we gonna see more of some hot girl?
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!