Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell, why not?

I called D&E up because I usually get an email when I order something online saying it's on the way. They said the order is postponed until I mail a copy of my driver's license and social security card because of the ephedrine. Dammit, I was hoping to get it by this weekend.

Originally posted by Fart Barker
    I called D&E up because I usually get an email when I order something online saying it's on the way. They said the order is postponed until I mail a copy of my driver's license and social security card because of the ephedrine. Dammit, I was hoping to get it by this weekend.
    Yup. 'Tis the only way you can get it, unfortunately. I would have thought you would have gotten an email, though. They sent me one after I ordered saying they couldn't ship pure ephedrine to me since I live in Michigan. To say I was pissed would be an understatement.

Day 109 - 5/9/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Found out today that the guy who does my bodyfat tests took off for Europe for the next 3 weeks. Goddamit. I really wanted a figure for the end of my HST cycle. I guess I'll just have someone else do it realizing it's essentially worthless. Other than that, nothing too exciting. A couple more veins visible in my shoulder and abs. They're all pretty faint though, so it's really not that impressive. Still kinda cool, though.

EXERCISE
    30min on treadmill at 15 degree incline at 3.3mph

Overall Comments:
    pffft.

DIET

10:30am: 1 serving HSN Primer, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAA, 1g ester-C, 400IU vitamin-E, 1 multi-vitamin, 2 Hollywood Cuts(50mg norephedrine, 200mg caffeine, 6mg Yohimbine HCL)25mg ephedrine HCL, 200mg caffeine(5g carbs/4g fiber, 23g protein, 1g fat)

11:50am: 1 scoop PF Recovery Formula + 1 scoop Surge, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g creatine, 250mg ALA(50g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

12:15pm: 5 squirts Lipoderm-Y

12:30pm: 12.5mg ephedrine, 100mg caffeine, 2 Hollywood Cuts

3:00pm: 1 small packet tuna, 1oz cashews, 2 Hollywood Cuts, 12.5mg ephedrine, 100mg caffeine, 2 Hollywood Cuts, 2g glucosamine HCL(7g carbs/1g fiber, 25g protein, 15g fat)

4:30pm: 1oz cashews, 1/2 VPX Micellean MRP, 2g glucosamine HCL(18g carbs/5g fiber, 28g protein, 15g fat)

7:30pm: 2oz whole wheat pasta, 2oz regular pasta, 3 cups marinara sauce, 25g parmesan cheese(109g carbs/17g fiber, 32g protein, 18.5g fat)

9:00pm: 1 cup cottage cheese(10g carbs/0g fiber, 26g protein, 9g fat)

10:00pm: 30mg zinc, 400mg magnesium

10:30pm: 1/2 VPX Micellean MRP, 6 fish oil caps(11g carbs/4g fiber, 22g protein, 7g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 2167kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 210g/31g
    Protein: 181g
    Fat: 67g

Comments:
    Not too bad.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    8 hours sleep.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 05-09-2002 at 06:38 PM.

Day 109 - 5/9/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Well, I'm done. Don't have the energy at the moment, but in the next day or two I'll write a fairly extensive piece on HST. What I liked, what I didn't, what worked and what didn't. I'm very happy with my results and after my week of scheduled detraining,--during which I might or might not make journal entries devoid of anything useful as I did last time--plan to begin my next cycle. At the moment, I am seriously leaning towards my Ahhhhnold/HST hybrid routine. Yes, you lucky souls out there might get to experience the Schwarzeneggerization of B&I. I figure since Haycock didn't condemn the routine as idiotic, and even said part of it looked great and the fact that it would be a ton o' fun, I will probably give it a shot. I'm also seriously considering doing a mini-bulk for the first 2 weeks during the 15's(I felt I had the best results during the 15's and 10's) as it'd be nice to put on a little muscle after so many weeks of dieting. I might also kick in my One and some topical 4-AD to really put some size on my arms. We'll see what I decide.

EXERCISE
    Notes:
    1)Tempos are in eccentric-static-concentric order. So 301 means a 1s positive, no contracted hold, and a 3s negative

2)I took EC before this workout.

Squat
    Tempo: 202
    Warm up: bar x 8
    Work set: 225 x 5

Comments:
    I've decided to include the 10lbs from the thick bar I use, that I normally ignore(Don't ask me why.) Anyways, this represents an improvement of about 10lbs over my tested 5RM from the beginning of this HST cycle. Form was a bit crappy, i.e. powerlifting-like, but probably no worse than the original time I tested this.

Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    Warm up: bar x 8
    Work set: 245 x 5

Comments:
    Again, the above figure includes the fact that I use a 55lb bar on these two exercises. Still 10lbs more than my tested 5RM from the beginning of this HST cycle.

Hammer Strength Incline Press
    Tempo: 10X
    Warm-up: 90 x 6
    Work sets: 270(in plates) x 2

Comments:
    I was performing this exercise regularly back while bulking--many moons ago--and this is actually about the same as my best performance, so no significant loss of strength from when I weighed 217.

Hammer Strength Bench Press
    Tempo: 414
    Warm up: none
    Work set: 180(in plates) x 4

Comments:
    Decided to do this on the spur of the moment as the TUL from the previous exercise was so short. Rep 4 was pretty difficult.

Chins - Supinated Grip
    Work set: bodyweight x 6

Comments
    Only got 5 reps during my 5-rep test, but that was with 10lbs around my waist and 2-3 pounds more blubber on me.

Dips
    Warm-up: none
    Work-set: bodyweight+50 x 3

Comments:
    I had been consistenly getting only 2 reps with this weight(ALthough, I weighed 10 lbs more at the time.) It took quite a bit of struggling but I hit 3 this time. Cool.

Hammer Strength Seated Row
    Warm-up: none
    Work sets: 180 x 5

Comments:
    Thought about going heavier here, but decided to just make sure I was using a nice, reasonably slow tempo and good form, and see how many reps I could get. My tested 5RM was higher but I was using a faster tempo and crappier form, so I don't think I lost appreciable strength here.

Hammer Strength Behind-the-Neck Press
    Work sets: 190 x 4

Comments:
    180 was I have to admit fairly difficult last time, although not agonizingly so. I think this repesents a strength increase(It's 10lb more than my tested 5RM, but I rep less, and a slightly faster concentric.)

Incline Curls
    Tempo: 211
    Work set: 35's x 4 + 25's x 2

Comments:
    Actually hit 5 reps at this weight prior to beginning my the negative microcycle, but never properly tested this with my other 5RM. Did an extra drop set with the 25's cuz I felt like it.

Reverse Pec-Deck
    Warmup: none
    Work set: 90 x 5

Comments:
    Dropped my weight back a bit, and really focused on form and an extended ROM. Not too bad.

Kneeling Shrugs
    Tempo: 212
    Work set: 55's x 5

Comments
    Same deal as the previous exercises. More of just doing what I felt like. Focus was on form and ROM, and not on weight.

BB Wrist Curl
    Work set: 110 x 2

Comments
    I got 5 reps at 105 at the last session, and was pretty confident I'd hit 5 again. For some reason, though, this felt incredibly heavy from the first rep. I struggled mightily to hit 3 but it wasn't happening.

Calf Raise, performed on incline leg press
    Work set: 250 x 3

Comments
    More weight than I've ever used here, but only 3 reps. So-so.

Power Crunch
    Work set: 90 x 7

Comments
    Quite good. I think this is a PB in terms of reps at this weight, with this tempo.

Miscellanous Curl and Tricep Extension Jockeying
    Ez-bar Curl: 40 x 15, immediately followed by
    Reverse Curl /w false grip: 25 x 15, immediately followed by
    Ez-bar Curl: 25 x 15, immediately followed by
    Tricep Ext: 80 x 15 + drop set(60 x 15), immediately followed by
    Ez-bar Curl: 25 x 10, immediately followed by
    Reverse Curl: 25 x 10

Comments:
    Cuz I felt like it, okay? I wanted to see what I looked like with really pumped up arms. Actually, pretty impressive(for me.) Leave me alone, goddamit.

Overall Comments:
    Decided not to do negatives for a couple of reasons. One, I was kinda sick of them and wanted to have some fun; this is my last workout for the next 9 days. Also wanted to sorta see where my strength was at in comparison to at the beginning of my HST cycle. Quite happy with the results and had a very fun time with this workout; especially my mini-curlathon. I was looking positively Schwarzeneggerian afterwards; I swear to freakin' GOd. For once my arms didn't look crappy and out of proportion to the rest of my body.

DIET

ehh...no

Comments:
    Kinda am doing a pseudo-refeed, but since this next week is my scheduled detraining I'm getting an early start on NOT recording my diet.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    9 hours of sleep.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 05-10-2002 at 05:29 PM.

B&I- Congrats on the completion of the HST cycle. I am in week 4 myself and am enjoying it. Looking forward to reading your summary piece on HST.

Day 111 - 5/11/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS

Okay, I briefly flirted with the idea of writing an honest-to-God article on HST. Not some off-the-cuff journal entry. But you know what, I'm lazy, so this is as good as it's gonna get. I don't think the long-windedness that would've resulted would've been all the entertaining anyways, so you should thank me that I went with brevity instead of my normal verbosity. Basically, just random comments:

General Comments:
    1) I was dieting for my entire cycle--with the exception of my refeeds which occurred every 3-4 days. Hence, I didn't really gain any muscle, at least, I don't think so(I haven't had a final bf% test as the guy I normally have do it is currently in Europe on vacation.) I DO think HST helped to minimize muscle-loss, however. The bodyfat tests I had 2 weeks prior to beginning HST and 6 weeks in showed better results in terms of the ratio of fat to muscle lost than any other time period during the last 5 months of dieting. There are several confounding variables which make it difficult to say that HST-alone was responsible for this, but I believe it played a substantial role in these results.

2)I made slight strength gains and/or maintained my strength in pretty much every lift. This, despite the fact that I went to failure about once every two weeks. I had initially been very skeptical about training at less than full-bore. Just after I started lifting I came across cyberpump.com. It was the source for much of my initial 'education' in lifting. Prior to beginning my HST cycle I still essentially considered myself a HIT-guy(With some disagreements with HIT, and a general dislike of that camp's tendency towards dogmatism.) The one constant about my workouts was that I took every exercise to failure. What was the point, otherwise? HST, both in theory and in practice, has shown me this is not necessary and, in fact, is probably counterproductive.

3)I feel my best results were during the higher-rep periods, i.e. the 15's and the 10's. This may, in part, have been due to sarcoplasmic growth, but I do not think this the sole explanation. I was also probably 'primed' for higher-reps, as I had--with the exception of an occasionally longer TUL set--been sticking to pretty low reps for the better part of a year. The least productive period, IMO, was the 5's. The negatives, which most people have been skipping I think were quite worthwhile as well. I felt like I was actually growing during this period, but again without a bf% test I couldn't say for sure. The fact that I switched to unilateral movements also confounds the results a bit. But I do think the negatives are certainly worth doing. I'm not sure how my use of HMB affected things either, but I suspect it helped. I didn't, to my surprise, experience much in the way of soreness anywhere but in my triceps. Nor did I feel myself to be overtrained, despite my caloric deficit and the increased volume(vs. the first 6 weeks of HST) which resulting from my switch to unilateral movements(2 sets for every one)

4) While Bryan Haycock has recommended in his sample routines to alternate compound movements, I really didn't find this to be necessary. I suffered virtually no joint-pain/discomfort during the whole of my cycle. I did switch from performing squats at every workout, however. It was, as he suggested it might be, simply too much load for my lower-back. Alternating squats with the leg press, and stiff-legged deadlifts with leg curls is IMO a good idea. But for other movements, I think alternating unnecessary. I'm sure, however, that this differs from individual to individual.

Concerns/Dislikes/Things I'd do differently
    1)I felt a bit underworked during the 5's. Since I was only performing one set of 5 reps for each exercise, and only 1-2 exercises per bodypart, the volume simply seemed, to me, to be too low. This is probably just because I didn't get pumped. In any case, just ignored this feeling. It is probably best to just deal with it. It's very easy, when one's intensity is 100%(meaning you're not going to failure) to add sets, and in all likelihood it would be a mistake to start adding volume willy-nilly. Still, on my next cycle I may add one or two light higher-rep warm ups for each bodypart. I'll see how I feel about it when I get there.

2)The fact that HST is pre-planned had, IMO, some negative consequences. Since I HAD to hit a certain target number of reps and since my load was pretty much always supposed to be increasing, my tendency was to speed up my tempo and loosen form. A very slight amount of this I think is acceptable, but I emphasis 'very slight' I was making compromises towards the end of the 5's that I think were quite ill-advised. I do not think I'll do this next time, as it presents both the risk of acute injury and longer-term damage to one's joints.

3)I like split-routines. I've gotta admit it. Full-body routines are cool too, but it's hard to focus on a single body part when you're doing everything at once. HST isn't quite as fun as doing push/pull/legs sorta thing. As the routine I've posted here indicates, I'd like to give a shot to a split HST routine. I do worry it'll lead to overtraining, but I think I may be able to pull it off.

Well, hardly authoratative, and probably not even all that useful to anyone, but that's it. For my part, I'm already counting the days until I can start my next HST cycle. Man, does strategic deconditioning suck.

EXERCISE
    Nope.

DIET
    9:00am-12:00amMiscelleneous food products...

Comments:
    Tasted good, so hey...

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    9 hours of sleep.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 05-11-2002 at 04:28 PM.

d-hude, I disagree. That is an excellent commentary, and i'd appreciate it if you expanded it into article form It would be great for the site.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    d-hude, I disagree. That is an excellent commentary, and i'd appreciate it if you expanded it into article form It would be great for the site.
    I'll give it a shot since you asked and were nice enough to compliment me. Anything in particular you'd like me to address/go into more detail about?

BTW, I think I'd start from scratch rather than expand what I've written above. I wouldn't really want anything I've written here to be used as a sample of my writing ability--or lack thereof--as I generally rewrite every sentence a good two or three times, and here it's pretty much stream-of-consciousness(And I ain't using no spell-check neither.)

Well obviously give a quick outline of the program and maybe some theory behind it. Any hiccups that occured along the way, the things you liked and disliked, things that you noticed and thing that were maybe supposed to happen but didn't. Improvements you'd suggest for it (and maybe tell bryan about them), whether you'd do it again etc...
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

2)The fact that HST is pre-planned had, IMO, some negative consequences. Since I HAD to hit a certain target number of reps and since my load was pretty much always supposed to be increasing, my tendency was to speed up my tempo and loosen form. A very slight amount of this I think is acceptable, but I emphasis 'very slight' I was making compromises towards the end of the 5's that I think were quite ill-advised. I do not think I'll do this next time, as it presents both the risk of acute injury and longer-term damage to one's joints.

Great point here B&I! I completely agree with this. Knowing that you have to hit a certain # of reps makes you concentrate more on the reps than your muscular contractions etc. I lose focus trying to count how many and everything like that.

MS

Great job B&I. I'd also be very interested in you writing an article on your experiences with the CID. I have hopped back on the CID, this time in attempt to lean gain with it. I am using the 36 hour diet 12 hour refeed protocol par mentions. I am getting ready for my 2nd refeed today (look out fruity pebbles and FF ice cream)
    "Far from broke, got enough bread. And mad ho's ask Bevis I get nuthin but head"

I would be very interested in an article on CID as well. I think it could help a lot of our members, especially the ones who are starting to learn what a balanced meal is and how to count percentages, etc. Since it can be used to cut or bulk, it could help with a lot of different goals. You've already got the writing skills, and tons of information, AND personal experience. What are you waiting for?
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Hey B&I wazzup? I have some questions for ya...

I'm gonna start a CID and I noticed that about 2 hours before working out you have a solid meal. Right before lifting weights you have about 23g pro and half-way through workout you have 25g carbs. Is that because of protein taking longer to digest then carbs??? Anyways I think it's a good idea there. Also I noticed the Surge post-workout which is great and I too will use.

Anyways I'm going to be taking in 2300 cals this week and adjust from there(190@13% or so). Expect to see me up in here all the time . Gracias amigo. Laterz
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by Marcel
    Hey B&I wazzup? I have some questions for ya...

I'm gonna start a CID and I noticed that about 2 hours before working out you have a solid meal. Right before lifting weights you have about 23g pro and half-way through workout you have 25g carbs. Is that because of protein taking longer to digest then carbs???
    Yup. It takes about 1hr for the aminos from the protein to start hitting your bloodstream, but only 30min or so for an insulin response from the carbs. Timing it this way results in optimal levels of both right as your workout is winding down. The Surge is probably redundant, but I figure an extra shot of carbs and fast-acting protein sure can't hurt.

Anyways I think it's a good idea there.
    It is, but I can't take credit for it; got it from Lyle McDonald. I'd eat more carbs(I was using 50g for awhile) but my calories are so restricted that I cut it back to 25g(along with restricting my carbs at breakfast) so I'd have some calories/carbs left for the rest of the day.

BTW, your stats sound pretty similar to mine. Think I'm around 13%bf at about 195lbs. Still got a couple more months of dieting to do. Though, as mentioned previously, I might do a mini-bulk for two weeks or so.

Originally posted by =w=

Great job B&I. I'd also be very interested in you writing an article on your experiences with the CID.
    Originally posted by Jane
    I would be very interested in an article on CID as well. I think it could help a lot of our members, especially the ones who are starting to learn what a balanced meal is and how to count percentages, etc. Since it can be used to cut or bulk, it could help with a lot of different goals. You've already got the writing skills, and tons of information, AND personal experience. What are you waiting for?
    Well, the people have spoken. I'll see if I can't write articles on my experiences both with HST and the CID. Hey, I've got to fill my time up with something this next week seeing a I won't be going to the gym. 'Taint promising nothin', but I'll give it a shot.

Day 112 - 5/12/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Oh, this has nothing to do with anything, but I saw 'Spiderman' yesterday. Was very impressed. I wouldn't have bothered, but I've always loved director Sam Raimi. Favorite scene was when Spidey was trying to figure out how to shoot his webs; it was just classic Raimi. "Go web!" LMAO. Also, thought the cameos of 'the gang': Ted Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Lucy Lawless, and what I think was one by Stan Lee(Think he was on the balocony when the Green Goblin first attacks) were very cool. Feel the film was both thoughtful and intelligent--a rarity for a big budget picture. Probably the best film adapted from a comic I've seen. Fun stuff.

EXERCISE
    None.

DIET

6g CLA
    6g Fish Oil
    A bunch of crap

Comments:
    Okay, I've been eating kinda crappily the last couple of days. I'm gonna start watching things a bit more carefully so I don't balloon up in my week off. I haven't been too crazy, but I've eaten a fair amount of crap. I'm gonna be a little more conscientious this next week. No food weighing(Well, maybe a little) but I'll stick to reasonably healthy foods and small portions. I'm also going off EC for the week, and using CLA and fish oils.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    8 hours of sleep.

Re: Day 112 - 5/12/02

Originally posted by Blood&Iron
    GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Oh, this has nothing to do with anything, but I saw 'Spiderman' yesterday. Was very impressed. I wouldn't have bothered, but I've always loved director Sam Raimi. Favorite scene was when Spidey was trying to figure out how to shoot his webs; it was just classic Raimi. "Go web!" LMAO.
    My friend told me about that part! We were in the middle of physics, and the girl could not stop laughing just thinking of it. I'm going to see it this weekend I think.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Re: Re: Day 112 - 5/12/02

Originally posted by Jane

My friend told me about that part! We were in the middle of physics, and the girl could not stop laughing just thinking of it. I'm going to see it this weekend I think.
    Actually, that bit might now be my favorite Raimi-moment, though they're are some in all of his movies.

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular structures." Ash, 'Army of Darkness'
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 05-12-2002 at 09:21 PM.

Day 113 - 5/13/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    I was looking forward to coming on here and boasting of how I quit EC cold turkey and felt fine. But you know what, I feel like crap. Makes sense. I was taking almost 1g of caffeine a day(That's 10 cups of coffee in layman's terms.) and 75-100mg of ephedrine. I just feel like I'm an insect trapped in amber or something. Feel like complete crap. Bleh. I didn't notice so much Saturday or Sunday, cuz I didn't have to work and I was just lying around all day, but I found it very difficult to concentrate at work today. Actually, popped one tab of ephedrine I had with me, and had a couple of pops. Didn't really help. Uggh.

EXERCISE
    None.

DIET

6g CLA
    6g Fish Oil
    A moderate amountb of crap

Comments:
    Ehh...no comment.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    9 hours of sleep.

Wannabebig Member
    Don't go cold turkey! Try 3-5 grams of tyrosine, 3 grams of taurine and taper off caffien with tabs like vivarin or something. You will still see sides but less pronounced and you'll be able to function.

Had any headaches yet?

Actually, it's already been 3 days. On both Saturday and Sunday I took one 200mg caffeine tablet at about 2 or 3pm. No real headaches. I'm pretty much okay. Just had difficult concentrating today and felt tired. Didn't really have any problems the previous two days. I should be fine by tomorrow.

Day 114 - 5/14/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Weighed myself last night and came in at 200lbs. This morning it was 195. I don't look or feel any fatter than I did at the end of last week. Still can't make up my mind whether I should bulk for a couple of weeks, before I go back to dieting or not. I just can't make up my mind. I think if I ramp up my calories and use the One, when I go back to dieting I'm just gonna lose any extra muscle I gain anyways. Not sure, though. Pfft.

EXERCISE
    None.

DIET

Just to give an idea, here's what I (unofficially) ate today:
    9:00am: Raisin Bran, 1 cup skim milk
    11:00am 1 cup skim milk, 22g whey
    12:00pm: bag of pretzels, 6g CLA
    1:00pm: Chicken and cheese quesadilla
    2:00pm: 1/2 VPX MRP, 2 pop-tarts
    4:30pm: small packet of tuna
    5:00pm-bed: TBA

Comments:
    I think I might start keeping track of things and cut out some o' the crap, i.e. the pop-tarts, tomorrow. I'll see how I feel.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    9 hours of sleep. Feeling a less in the way of EC withdrawal, but I'm still a little groggy. Nothing too major, though.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

If you've been cutting for son long, then maybe a short bulk would help?

It'll help restore all your hormones to their original "settings". No doubt calorie deficit doesn't aid you in this quarter.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    If you've been cutting for son long, then maybe a short bulk would help?

It'll help restore all your hormones to their original "settings". No doubt calorie deficit doesn't aid you in this quarter.
    I sorta figure that's what this week is doing. I'm probably eating at or slightly above maintenance, with much more carbs than I'd usually take in. My main worry is that if I bulk for two weeks and add in extra androgens, namely some One(Which if I did bulk, I'd most likely do.) and go back immediately to dieting after those two weeks were up, I would just end up losing more muscle than if I keep dieting. If I bulked, I'd at least hit 4000-4500kcal or so by the 2nd week, so I'd be going suddenly from 4500kcal to 2300, which would not be good. All of these problems could be solved if I wasn't impatient and was able to give things more time, but as I will probably be moving at about the the time my next HST cycle ends, I'm trying to time things with that in mind.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell