Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell, why not?

B&I,

Just wanted to let you know that I will comment on some stuff here next week -- Issue #5 of Big Mf'r is due Friday, so I have no time this week.
    ParDeus

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    I'd like to see a reference for that. Not that I'm disagreeing, I just don't know.

This is a fairly well-known fact. I could look for a paper(s) that shows this, but I'm lazy. Take a look on PubMed if you're really interested and not just trying to bust my balls.

Momentum (p) = (m)ass x (v)elocity

When does this *not* exist while any object is moving?
    Note the word "significantly" in my original statement.

Granted. But you're not going to tell me that because you're using a slow tempo at 95% of your 1RM that the lifter isn't "in control"? That's what Chris is saying here.
    My response was a direct refutation of the statement "Load also dictates tempo." Now in the case of a 1RM this may be the case, but it should not do so, in my opinion, for sets of anything more than 1-2 reps. To me this means the weight is too heavy, and the trainee will, in my experience, reach failure before he can perform the requisite number of repetitions.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 01-30-2002 at 06:20 AM.

Day 11 - 1/30/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Nothing to say today....

EXERCISE
    Note:
    Tempos are in eccentric-static-concentric order. So 301 means a 1s positive, no contracted hold, and a 3s negative

Assisted/Weighted Chins
    Tempo: 313(warm-up), 301(work-set)
    Warm-up: -110(palms-away) x 6
    Work-set: bodyweight+10lbs(palms-facing) x 3

Comments:
    Absolute sh*t. 1.5 reps less than last time. My form was a bit better than last time, however.
    B&I Rating:
    Crap

Hammer Strength Isolateral Row
    Tempo: 212
    Warm-up: 90 x 8
    Work-sets: Right: 142.5 x 4, Left: 147.5 x 4

Comments:
    Decent form, though as always, a bit too much body sway. Added 2.5lbs to each side and ended up with only 1 rep less than last time. Didn't quite have as much problem with grip as last time either. I did something funky when performing the right side though, as my rhomboid is still a bit sore. Not sure what exactly.
    B&I Rating:
    Okay.

Rack Deadlift
    Warm-up: 135 x 8(mixed grip)
    Work-sets: 245 x 6(mixed grip), 335(w/ wraps)

Comments:
    The 1st work set was great. Only 1 more rep than last time, but my whole back was pretty much giving out at about the same time as my grip. Grip wasn't the quite the limiting factor it usually is. Really had to struggle for the last rep as the bar was slipping out of my hands(Basically I was holding on with partially open fingers.) Still I kept my form. On the set with wraps, things didn't go quite as well. Forgot that I really need to get low and push off with my legs for the first rep as I end up rounding my back way too much otherwise. This isn't an issue once the bar is up the 1st time, but that 1st rep can really do a number on my lower back. 10lbs more than last time for 2 less reps. Not bad. But I really think the 1st work set was enough. I probably should've skipped the 2nd one.
    B&I Rating:
    Good.

Machine Pullover
    Tempo: 313
    Warm-up: 105 x 5
    Work-set: 195 x 3

Comments:
    I changed the position of the seat a bit, and decided that no matter what I would not lean my head forward (I can typically get another rep or two by doing this, but it's stupid.) So both of these factors combined led to 1 less rep(The last rep was also not quite full ROM), but I really used impeccable form. Perhaps even slower than 313. So it's a wash.
    B&I Rating:
    Okay.

Seated Incline DB Curls(30 degrees)
    Tempo: 313
    Warm-up: 20's x 5
    Work-set: N/A

Comments:
    Nothing much to note here. Just a light, easy warm up
    B&I Rating:
    N/A

Isolateral Spider Curls
    Warm-up: previous exercise
    Work-set: RIght: 40 x 2 + 1 forced, Left: 40 x 3

Comments:
    Damn. Really wanted to see some progression here, but I ended up with a repeat of last weeks performance. I think I'm gonna drop these next week in favor of a different movement. We'll see what happens.
    B&I Rating:
    Okay.

Rear Delt Machine Flyes
    Warm-up: 60 x 6
    Work-set: 97.5 x 6

Comments:
    Got one rep more than last week but the ROM on the last 2 reps was a bit short(I bring my arms really far back--probably abour 15 degrees behind my torso, so this doesn't concern me too much.) I think I did the same thing last week and I really struggled for the last rep, so it's not too much of an issue.
    B&I Rating:
    Okay.

DB Shrugs
    Warm-up: 45's x 6
    Work-set(kneeling): 65's x 4

Comments:
    I dropped the Smith shrugs in favor of kneeling DB shrugs, since I've been cheating by using my legs--and I really was getting sick of the bar knocking into my nuts. I might even reduce the weight on the work set further as my form was still a bit off(ROM was a bit short.)
    B&I Rating:
    So-so.

Overall Comments:
    Again, not a stellar workout, but not a disaster either. Pretty mediocre overall. But for the most part my poundages stayed the same or increase slightly, which is a decent accomplishment while dieting.

DIET

7:30am: 2 eggs, 60g muesli, 1/2 cup milk, 22g whey, 1 multi vit., 1g ester-c, 400IU vit. E(52g carbs/8g fiber, 46g protein, 13.5g fat)

9:00am: 1 serving Trac Creatine(4g arginine, 4g creatine), 250mg DMAE, 400mg Phosphotidyl choline, 200mg ginkgo biloba, 1g L-tyrosine

9:45am(pre-workout): 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAA(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

10:30am(halfway through workout): 50g Ultra Fuel, 250mg ALA(49g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

11:00am(post-workout): 1 serving Biotest Surge, 5g glutamine peptide, 250mg ALA(50g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

1:00pm: 1oz peanuts, 1 Lean Body MRP(35g carbs/3g fiber, 53g protein, 17.5g fat)

4:00pm: stir-fried chicken and vegetables(25g carbs/4g fiber, 27g protein, 10g fat)

5:00pm: 1oz peanuts(5g carbs/2g fiber, 8g protein, 16g fat)

7:00pm: 1 cup cottage cheese(10g carbs/0g fiber, 28g protein, 9g fat)

10:00pm: 3 caps ZMA

10:30pm: 1 small packet tuna, 5 fish oil caps(0g carbs/0g fiber, 19g protein, 6.5g fat)

Totals:
    Calories:2507kcal
    Carbs/Fiber:229g/17g
    Protein:228g
    Fat:75.5g

Comments:
    Not bad. I decided to go back to consuming nearly 3/4 of my carbs and 1/2 of my protein by the time I finish my workout--I'm still not sure which schedule I prefer. Doing what I did today, leaves me with very few calories, and hardly any carbs, for the rest of the day(I get really hungry later in the day.) Consequently, most of my meals aren't even close to isocaloric. Carb/protein heavy "meals" in the morning, and high fat stuff in the evening. I don't really think this is good, but feel it is very important to focus on pre/post workout nutrition. I'll probably alternate between the two and see if there's any difference in workout performance.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    Took some ZMA last night, and still ended up getting a decent night sleep, although once I woke up--after about 8 hours of sleep--I couldn't get back to bed. This is the problem I was having before. So perhaps since the quality of my sleep improves, my body needs less. I'll see what happens over the next few days.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 01-31-2002 at 11:35 AM.

Day 12 - 1/31/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    Maybe later...maybe not.

EXERCISE

Elliptical Trainer:
    High-Intensity Interval Training:
    2min warm-up
    20s as fast as I could pump my legs, machine at level 5
    10s at slow pace
    20s as fast as possible, level 5
    10s at slow pace
    20s as fast as possible, level 5
    30s at slow pace
    30s as fast as possible, level 4
    30s at slow pace
    20s as fast as possible, level 3
    2 min cool-down

Comments
    I had originally intended to skip HIIT in favor of something less stressing to my legs, as tomorrow is leg day. I got to the gym late(We got about a foot of snow here last night followed by sleet.) so I said f*ck it, and did HIIT to save time. This was my third HIIT session and my 3rd different piece of equipment. I'd say the elliptical trainer was a little more gentle to my quads than the stairstepper but not quite as suited to HIIT as the stationary bike. I may keep alternating between these just to give myself some variety. My cardiovascular capacity still sucks, but again my legs gave out even earlier(The last couple intervals were rather pathetic displays.) I couldn't even walk right after I got off the machine. My legs were completely stiff and almost immobile. I had to waddle to the locker room.

Overall Comments:
    At my next cardio session I will ingest some carbs before performing my cardio to see if it helps with the muscle fatigue I experience while performing HIIT. Anyways, HIIT--burning lungs aside--is still infinitely more enjoyable than what I was previously doing. I'll be interested to see if it's effects are positive or negative. And I'm really hoping I can start increasing the number of intervals I do.

DIET

9:00am: 22g whey(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

10:30am:1 serving Trac Creatine(4g arginine, 4g creatine), 100mg gingko biloba, 250mg DMAE, 800mg phosphotidyl choline, 1g l-tyrosine)

11:00am(pre-workout):22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAAs(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

11:15am: 50g Ultra Fuel(49g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

1:30pm: 1 chicken and cheese hoagie(40g carbs/1g fiber, 35g protein, 35g fat)

5:00pm: 1 VPX Micellean MRP(22g carbs/7.5g fiber, 45g protein, 2g fat)

6:30pm: 2oz. whole wheat spaghetti, 1.5cups spaghetti sauce, 1 can tuna, 25g parmesan cheese(67g carbs/18g fiber, 53g protein, 22g fat)

9:30pm: 3 ZMA caps

10:00pm: 1/2 cup split-pea soup, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps(30g carbs/2g, 32g protein, 18.5)

Totals:
    Calories: 2416kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 214g/28.5g
    Protein: 209g
    Fat: 80.5g

Comments:
    Cut calories slightly(About 150kcal.) I'm gonna try to keep things around 2400--on non-lifting days anyway--from now on. A bit of an off day due to several factors. But overall, things worked out okay.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    I got nearly 9 hours of restful sleep. Nice.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 01-31-2002 at 05:45 PM.

Well, I read it. Start to finish. I'm very impressed.

This is an extremely detailed journal. I also like the various tid-bits you add in certain responses. I'll continue to follow your progress!

tell me a few things though: what are your current stats as of today [or your last weigh in]?

on your refeed days, does it matter what carbs you use? or can you use it as a way to get any cheats out of your system? eg eating some chocolate with your oats etc...

ah shiat. I knew I'd forget the rest...

If they come to me, I'll ask!
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Oh yeah, and I love your use of english. You sound really accute and 'snobish'.

It's ace.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Well, I read it. Start to finish. I'm very impressed.
    Thank you

This is an extremely detailed journal. I also like the various tid-bits you add in certain responses. I'll continue to follow your progress!

tell me a few things though: what are your current stats as of today [or your last weigh in]?
    I am currently at about 203-204. It's only been a week since I started this journal. Haven't had my bodyfat tested in a week or two. I'm gonna try to have it done tomorrow or Sunday. I always use the same guy who does a six-site caliper test. He is *very* good(I've come in at 9.8% bf--and was significantly fatter than now--because of incompetent measurement.)

on your refeed days, does it matter what carbs you use? or can you use it as a way to get any cheats out of your system? eg eating some chocolate with your oats etc...

ah shiat. I knew I'd forget the rest...

If they come to me, I'll ask!
    From my understanding one should really try to limit fat and fructose. I keep fat to under 10% or so of total calories. An emphasis should be placed on glucose, i.e. dextrose, glucose polymers, i.e. maltodextrin, and starches. I do eat quite a few low-fat hostess cupcakes and some spaghetti, both of which I enjoy. Since the cupcakes have a good deal of sugar, and sucrose is 50% fructose/50% glucose this is probably not ideal, but I'm not so sure it makes a huge difference. Mostly I just drink Ultra Fuel and MRPs since it's hard for me to eat 800g or so of carbs without a large amount of fat. Look at any of my refeed days for a detailed summary.

Oh yeah, and I love your use of english. You sound really accute and 'snobish'.

It's ace.
    I really try...

Sort of going for the smug, superior as*hole vibe...

My big problem is I don't generally proof-read so there are a ton of spelling and grammatical mistakes which drive me crazy when I notice them(I go back and fix 'em if they're particularly annoying...how anal is that?)

thanks for the reply.

Why does the other article recommend a little fructose with every meal? I don't get that, other than the whole liver glycogen replenishment. But surely glucose does that as well?

ps chocolate is ok right?

thanks for the reply.

Why does the other article recommend a little fructose with every meal? I don't get that, other than the whole liver glycogen replenishment. But surely glucose does that as well?

ps chocolate is ok right?
    Okay, some of the following could be flawed. I'm not an expert...

Fructose does preferentially refill liver glycogen, which puts one in the fed-state, which, if I recall correctly, would have a positive effect on leptin. Further, liver glycogen must be replenished before carbs go to refill muscle glycogen. So it makes sense in that regard. Why Lyle recommends fructose at every meal, though, rather than just a few pieces of fruit I don't quite get(Ultra Fuel also contains a fair bit of fructose.) Fructose does not refill muscle glycogen very well.

Chocolate should be okay, provided you're not eating pounds of the stuff. Remember you have to keep fat low. Generally chocolate is high fat, but if you restrict fat everywhere else it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

hey, i tried them kneeling shrugs today. That is a brilliant idea!

I'll be doing these from now on. Thanks for the tip!

hey, i tried them kneeling shrugs today. That is a brilliant idea!

I'll be doing these from now on. Thanks for the tip!
    Yeah, I like these as they really force you to be strict with the movement.

Glad somebody is getting something out of this journal--other than just me.

I think a lot of people are. I'm an avid reader. lol
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

me too. It's like tuning in for your favourite soap opera.

It'll be a sitcom soon tho haha...

me too. It's like tuning in for your favourite soap opera.
    I'm not sure if this is good or bad...

Actually, I think a movie is in order. I'll have to have final say on casting. I think Russell Crowe should portray me. Yes, he's not as pretty as me, but I think he'll bring a certain pathos to the role.

I want Samuel L Jackson to play me.

Sure there's the colour difference, but i'm willing to over look that...

I want Samuel L Jackson to play me.

Sure there's the colour difference, but i'm willing to over look that...
    LMAO

Ben Stiller would be the perfect PowerMan.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

hey B&I, on the refeed days for CID, why does it have to be majority of cals from carbs?

what is it about carbs that causes the leptin increase? Is it associated with insulin? can you explain?

thanks man.

hey B&I, on the refeed days for CID, why does it have to be majority of cals from carbs?

what is it about carbs that causes the leptin increase? Is it associated with insulin? can you explain?

thanks man.
    The primary signal for increased leptin expression is glucose metabolism. Several studies have demonstrated this in vivo which involved having participants fast, which causes a large drop in leptin, followed by giving them a glucose infusion. If you want a very detailed explanation, there is one at Par's site(I myself don't fully understand it, and have read it several times.) It is in Big Motherf*cker #4.

Day 13 - 2/01/02

GENERAL RAMBLINGS
    I never referred to myself as a bodybuilder until about a year ago. Actually, I made fun of 'em. The thought of shaving all your body hair off, putting on a bunch of tanning prepation and oil, and posing in front of large crowds in your underwear struck me as incredibly hilarious. Plus bodybuilding always carried with it the connotations of both steroid use and intense narcissism(And those funny clown pants which seem to have, mercifully, fallen from favor.) No, I was a lifter. And, actually, I was. I didn't really monitor my diet all the carefully; I stuck to a low volume full-body workouts performed two or three times a week; and I didn't really think about lifting unless I was at the gym. Even when I started to shift my focus from being in shape and increasing my strength to purely aesthetic issues, I still shied away from the term. To me, admitting I was a bodybuilder would be akin to an addict admitting he is addicted to heroin. It wasn't gonna happen; I just couldn't face reality. Bodybuilders were goofy, clown-pants wearing, shaved-down, greasy freaks pumped full of pharmaceuticals. That wasn't me. But somehow, somewhere along the line I accepted the truth. I didn't care about strength--well, maybe a little--it was just a cover. Really, I just wanted to look good. Hell, I don't really think anybody gets into lifting for health(Unless they're morbidly obese or have been commanded to do so by a doctor.) or to be strong(This comes later.) Most people just wanna look good naked. In my case it has progressed to wanting to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger--which ain't, realistically, ever gonna happen. There is something pathological about wanting to be hugely muscular. I don't think anyone who gets obsessed with being huge and ripped is quite right in the head(No flames please.) Of course, wanting to be incredibly strong ain't normal either. Whatever. In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial. And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple.

EXERCISE
    Note:
    Tempos are in eccentric-static-concentric order. So 301 means a 1s positive, no contracted hold, and a 3s negative

Squats
    Warm-up: bar x 10, 135 x 6
    Work-set: 205 x 4

Comments:
    I was a bit concerned what would happen on my 1st lift as I really feel my legs have gotten beaten up by my switch to HIIT for cardio. Basically, this was a repeat of last week's performance. My form might have been a tad worse(A bit more of the "powerlifting" form of which I've previously spoken.) Considering that when I weighed myself last night I was down to 201lbs(A loss of 2-3lbs since last week) this was okay.
    B&I Rating:
    Okay.

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Warm-up: bar x 8
    Work-set: 245 x 4

Comments:
    Again, a repeat of last week. I really didn't push to the extent I normally would as I've really become concerned of late with making sure I don't endanger my lower back. So I quit somewhat preemptively(I *knew* I wasn't gonna get another rep.)
    B&I Rating:
    Okay.

Leg Press
    Warm-up: 215 x 10
    Work-set: 420 x 11(10?)

Comments:
    Apropos to the post a day or so ago about rep and cadence counting, I sort of lost count of how many reps I performed here. It was definitely 10, but I think I got 11. If it was eleven it was a repeat of last week, otherwise I lost a rep. Either way I was really busting a** here. I really didn't think the last rep was gonna happen, but I gutted it out(It was an excruciating 5s concentric on the final rep.)
    B&I Rating:
    Good.

Lying Leg Curl
    Tempo: 303
    Warm-up: 60 x 5
    Work-set: 80 x 4

Comments:
    I'm still not sure if I like the whole "pointing the toes away" thing. I'll have to see if I can find where I read about that. A decent push for the last rep(But I flexed my toes toward me to get the weight all the way up. I consider this tolerable cheating.) It is one rep less than last time, but still considering the effort I put in, not bad.
    B&I Rating:
    Okay.

Hammer Strength Leg Extension
    Tempo: 5-1-10
    Warm-up: none
    Work-set: none

Comments:
    Idiot boy forgot to do one of his exercises--and his favorite one at that. Better that I forgot this than something of substance.
    B&I Rating:
    Early onset Alzheimers.

Calf-Raises(Performed on Leg Press)
    Tempo: 101
    Warm-up: 87.5 x 10
    Work-set: 237.5 x 4

Comments:
    Repeat of last week. Nothing remarkable, either good or bad.
    B&I Rating:
    Okay.

Seated Calf-Raise
    Tempo: 101
    Warm-up: previous exercise
    Work-set: 135 x 3

Comments:
    Crappy. Didn't really give much effort to this. Same as last week.
    B&I Rating:
    Crap.

Weighted Crunch
    Warm-up: 45 x 8
    Work-set: 90 x 5

Comments:
    I regained the rep I lost last week. So this brought me back up to my performance of 2 weeks ago. Really had to struggle to achieve this, however.
    B&I Rating:
    Good.

Overall Comments:
    Besides the fact that I forgot to do one of my exercises, not bad. Not a remarkable workout, but things couldv'e gone worse. If I am indeed 201lbs(It might very well just be a hydration issue.) this wasn't bad at all.

DIET

9:00am: 2 eggs, 60g muesli, 1/2 cup milk, 22g whey, 1 multi vit., 1g ester-c, 400IU vit. E, 250mg ALA(49g carbs/8g fiber, 52g protein, 13.5g fat)

10:00am: 1 serving Trac Creatine(4g arginine, 4g creatine), 250mg DMAE, 400mg Phosphotidyl choline, 200mg ginkgo biloba, 1g L-tyrosine

10:20am(pre-workout): 22g whey, 5g glutamine peptide, 5g BCAA(3g carbs/0g fiber, 22g protein, 1.5g fat)

11:00pm(1/2 way through workout): 50g Ultra Fuel(49g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

11:30am(post-workout): 1 serving Biotest Surge, 5g glutamine peptide, 250mg ALA(50g carbs/0g fiber, 25g protein, 1.5g fat)

12:00pm: 4 Low-fat Hostess Cupcakes(116g carbs/4g fiber, 8g protein, 6g fat)

1:30pm: 1 Lean Body MRP, 1 low-fat cupcake(56g carbs/1g fiber, 47g protein, 3g fat)

3:00pm: 100g Ultra Fuel, 250mg ALA(98g carbs/0g fiber, 0g protein, 0g fat)

3:30pm: 5oz. Baked Lays(115g carbs/10g fiber, 10g protein, 7.5g fat)

5:00pm: 3oz Baked Lays, 1 low-fat cupcake, 2 cookies(107g carbs/7g fiber, 8g protein, 10.5g fat)

6:00pm: 6oz spaghetti, 1.5 cups marinara sauce, 25g parmesan cheese(159g carbs/15g fiber, 37g protein, 16.5g fat)

9:30 3 ZMA caps

10:30pm: 1 Lean Body MRP, 2 cups skim milk, 2 low fat cupcakes(109g carbs/2g fiber, 65g protein, 4.5g fat)

Totals:
    Calories: 5320kcal
    Carbs/Fiber: 911g/47g
    Protein: 274g
    Fat: 64.5g

Comments:
    Not bad. I decided to keep the calories and grams of carbs the same--rather than lower them as I'd originally been planning--as I've actually been losing weight faster than intended. Again, I need to weigh myself repeatedly over the next several days to confirm the weight loss. I am hoping to have my bodyfat tested this Sunday so as to know a bit more precisely how things are going. If I did indeed lose 2-3lbs this week, this is too much, and I plan on increasing the duration of my refeed so it is more in accordance with the recommendations of Lyle McDonald and Elzi Volk and/or increasing the calories on my dieting days.

MISC. RECOVERY ISSUES
    Used ZMA last night. I'm almost certain, at this point, that it affects my sleep. I wake fewer times during the night, but when I finally wake up I can't get back to sleep. I got a total of 8 hours of sleep, not including the hour I lay in bed trying to fall back asleep after I woke up this morning.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 02-02-2002 at 11:49 AM.

Damn i see what you mean!

I think it means that the consumption and thus, metabolism of glucose cause the burning of fat to be switched off in favour of the burning of this glucose.

The use of fat from adipocytes [fat cells] for energy increases the availability of inhibitors of glycolysis or glucose transport, which leads to a reduction of leptin 'expression' [i take it this means synthesis/release/secretion/whatever].

by consuming more glucose and becoming a 'sugar burner' as Rob faigan describes it, the glycolysis inhibitors are 'switched off' and thus, leptin can be synthesised and released by fat cells.

i think that's what he means anyway!

I wonder if Par Deus realises that DON stands for 6-diazo-5-oxo-l-norleucine and not 6-diaza-5-oxo-l-norleucine...

geek. (chigs i meant)

your journal is prretty hardcore b&i. very good reading!

ps....can i have salma hayek play me in a cameo appearance?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Originally posted by Tryska
    geek. (chigs i meant)

your journal is prretty hardcore b&i. very good reading!

ps....can i have salma hayek play me in a cameo appearance?
    As casting director, I approve. Your role, however, will have to be expanded. You will now be my love interest. Oh, and Russell Crowe is out. I will be performing as myself, including all love scenes with Salma...
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 02-01-2002 at 05:30 PM.