I want to start following WBB#1 but I have a few questions. Hopefully you guys know some of these answers. I would think these are pretty good questions that other's might have as well (at least some of the questions maybe). Any answers to any questions would be appreciated.
1) If deadlifting is so hard on your central nervous system, is it really a good idea to deadlift on both day-1 and sl-deadlift on day-3 of the routine? I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't deadlift too often since you need to recover before going at it again. And aren't the hack-squats on day-3 practically a deadlift. The exrx.net example shows a similar-to-deadlift move done with the barbell behind the lifter.
2) I'm 6'2" so my back's form is horrible in the beginning part of a deadlift motion. Would rack-pulls be better since they would basically be a deadlift that starts higher off the ground. What's worse is I don't even know if I even am capable of doing a barbell hack-squat yet. I hope I can but I might have to use the hack-squat machine since I'm somewhat tall and not very flexible.
3) Is doing chest and back on the same day really a good idea? They both seem like very big muscle groups (2nd and 3rd largest, only smaller than legs) and might be better done on seperate days. I'm going to try WBB#1 the way it is anyways since it seems to be doing good for everyone but I just wanted to point out a doubt in my mind.
4) I feel like I want to lift more often than the routine allows, is 4 days of rest per week really going to help recovery or might 3 days of rest be enough? With 3 days of rest, each exercise will still be 6 days apart.
5) Are there any negative effects to using a dumbell press instead of a barbell bench press? I'd feel more comfortable with dumbells since I workout alone and usually won't have a spotter. I do want to have the most effective workout so if there's a good reason to use the barbell I'll use it but otherwise I'll go with the dumbells.
6) I have lots of body fat (23%) and a slow metabolism, and I really want to put on muscle weight to boost my metabolism a bit. From what I know, less weight and more reps will help me achieve this. Maybe I should aim for 12-15 reps instead of 6-8? Any suggestions?
7) Also, from what I know, I shouldn't rest too long between sets to gain muscle mass. Is this accurate? If I don't rest long enough I probably won't be able to complete the same amount or reps right? Is that right or should the weight be lower?
8) Chinups... overhand or underhand?
9) Warmup sets beneficial or do they hinder? If beneficial, how much weight is good and how many reps should be done?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions. I didn't expect to type out so many but I'm really psyched about getting into shape and want to start off right. I'm really glad I found this board. Thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated.